How many ppl are rooting for a Conor “comeback”?

Me, only because it makes everything more fun. I only watch this stuff for entertainment.

Yeah you could go for a moral argument all you want but only a small minority base their sport viewing decisions on morals. Most of us just want to be entertained.

Jones is 10x more of a piece of shit and people are not rooting for him to stay retired as much as they do with Conor, so the Mother Theresa argument doesn't work.
yeah I can't stand JJ either, he's a huge piece of garbage and it was embarrassing watching the videos of him in ABQ getting arrested.

As to your first sentence, it's true that those taking a moral stance is probably a small minority of the general UCF/MMA viewership, but it seems like it's a much larger portion in the segment that don't want Conor associated with the sport. That definitely doesn't seem edgy to me, which my original comment was addressing.

Honestly I was never a fan. I know he draws heavily but I've never liked the guy

Sometimes he's cool but over the last years he's been spiraling and making an ass of himself. Between the leg break, Poirier fights, wealth and age I don't think there's any reason to suspend belief. He always dicks around for attention you can't take the guy seriously. You couldn't a really long time ago

I don't really care

Imagine if you weren't rooting for a (in some regards) GOAT of a sport to make a comeback (when not necessarily too much out of his prime).

That would make you a fucking weirdo.

what if that dude is an douchebag and a terrible person? I enjoy watching him in the cage. everything else? he's arguably the most annoying and douchey star in any sport.

Rooting for the fighter not the person. When he fights mma is top of sports media. It gives us validation among the big leagues.

yeah I can't stand JJ either, he's a huge piece of garbage and it was embarrassing watching the videos of him in ABQ getting arrested.

As to your first sentence, it's true that those taking a moral stance is probably a small minority of the general UCF/MMA viewership, but it seems like it's a much larger portion in the segment that don't want Conor associated with the sport. That definitely doesn't seem edgy to me, which my original comment was addressing.
If it's for moral reasons fair enough, but I think you're in a minority.

My edgy comment was moreso refering to those who pretend like Conor is not entertaining and hop on the purist hate bandwagon

He's great for sport. He energizes any card he's on to levels above. Hate him if you want he's the money king for a reason he's the most must see even now..

Back