How many of you don't celebrate Christmas?

It's suppose to be a Christian holiday, but that's not what it's even really about any more in my opinion. I celebrate in that all of my family will get together and have a Christmas dinner and exchange presents with each other. At least it's a good reason to get family together and have some time off.
Yep. Sometimes it gets a little too over the top with people expecting lavish presents, but it's great overall. We don't even attend church anymore, so the Christian part of it is behind us.

The bitch of this part is I can take all the men in the family, line them up, ask them what they got their kids/grandkids/neices/nephews/ or anyone for that matter, and they wouldn't have a clue. The wife or someone else does their shopping. Yet somehow I(you), will be the selfish prick.
I guess some people will see it that way. Others will see it as you being the hardworking guy who puts in the long hours to pay for it all.

I'm agnostic/borderline atheist and I celebrate the shit out of Christmas. I get nostalgic as hell and thjs is probably my favorite time of year. I love the music, lights, ambiance, etc. All that crap.

It doesn't really bother me that the holiday is rooted in religion, because to me, it's also very much an American tradition as well. I feel that it's so embedded in our culture that one doesn't need to be a Christian to appreciate this time of year. My family was never even remotely religious and we always celebrated when I was a kid. It was just an excuse to do something fun together once a year.

IMO Christmas is what you make of it. Whether you want to celebrate the birth of Christ, give and receive gifts, take time off of work, or if you just like pretty lights, I think any reason should be enough is reason enough to enjoy this time of year.

I'm agnostic/borderline atheist and I celebrate the shit out of Christmas. I get nostalgic as hell and thjs is probably my favorite time of year. I love the music, lights, ambiance, etc. All that crap.

It doesn't really bother me that the holiday is rooted in religion, because to me, it's also very much an American tradition as well. I feel that it's so embedded in our culture that one doesn't need to be a Christian to appreciate this time of year. My family was never even remotely religious and we always celebrated when I was a kid.

IMO Christmas is what you make of it. Whether you want to celebrate the birth of Christ, give and receive gifts, take time off of work, or if you just like pretty lights, I think any reason should be enough is reason enough to enjoy this time of year.
Exactly. Next year we're looking to go modernized Griswold on our house for Christmas.

Griswold-House-700px.jpg

Exactly. Next year we're looking to go modernized Griswold on our house for Christmas.

Griswold-House-700px.jpg

DO IT!!!!

One of the houses in a neighborhood near by went completely over the top with their lights this year. Looks like the battle of Armageddon is taking place as you drive up. Some neighbors hate it but all the kids love it, I think it's great.

DO IT!!!!

One of the houses in a neighborhood near by went completely over the top with their lights this year. Looks like the battle of Armageddon is taking place as you drive up. Some neighbors hate it but all the kids love it, I think it's great.
We grew up near the guy who started Popeye's chicken. Every year he went nuts with the decorations. Kids LOVED it, but traffic was crazy on his street the neighbors complained and even tried to file an injunction. I remember it being successful for a couple years, as he moved the decorations to one of his buildings downtown, but it came back every year after until he died. I even found these on Google.

large_copeland.lights.jpg

al-copeland-holiday-display-metairiejpg-ef4543fe929360a7.jpg

26129247.jpg

I guess some people will see it that way. Others will see it as you being the hardworking guy who puts in the long hours to pay for it all.

You can shove that straight back up your ass.

And one of my other favorite things as a kid were the Maryland vs. Texas Christmas light competition. Two streets competed each year for best decorations. Everyone on each block participated, and it was amazing. I haven't seen neighborhood comradery like that in quite some time.

You can shove that straight back up your ass.
Not sure what you mean. My dad never did the Christmas shopping for the family or extended family, and no one viewed him as selfish. My mom just had more free time.

Not sure what you mean. My dad never did the Christmas shopping for the family or extended family, and no one viewed him as selfish. My mom just had more free time.

You missed it.

We used to do the whole Christmas thing, you know the tree, decorations and all that but as we got older we stopped doing that all together. We just got over it.

In a few short hours, it'll all be over and everyone will realize all the buildup and effort was really just a giant waste of time.

Merry Christmas

I don't,and never did,never will.
But I don't mind people celebrating it :D
live and let live.

My car broke down on way to the first Xmas festivities I was going to in years. Had to get towed. Xmas can merry kiss my ass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back