How many of GSP's title defense victims would Usman beat?

He did Pre-USADA.. He couldn't even make weight off the gas..

At 85..

But even pre-USADA, at his peak, he only had two rounds of cardio.

...and considering how much Hendricks struggled with wrestlers, ie Mike Pierce, Rick Story and even shot Koscheck, there are several guys currently at 170 who'd be bad match ups for him.

Sweeps them all. Prime GSP tho.. would be interesting to watch.

How would Kos beat Usman? Absolutely no chance.

gsp beat them/usman finishes them all hell maybe even grease boy himself

I was being sarcastic, lol.
tenor.gif

Usman is God on Sherdog until he loses, then the neckbeards on Sherdog will change their narrative and go back to agreeing GSP destroys Usman.

He did Pre-USADA.. He couldn't even make weight off the gas..

At 85..
Don't be fooled by the Fitch and Kampmann KOs or the controversial GSP decision. He had multiple close, competitive decisions on his way to the title and looked beatable many times, including against less than elite competition. If he couldn't get the finish early, he was usually in for a long night and once people had his left scouted, he didn't get another finish in the UFC.

Hendricks and Shields are probably the only ones I would give much of a shot of beating Usman

1. Jon Fitch
2. BJ Penn
3. Thiago Alves
4. Dan Hardy
5. Josh Koscheck
6. Jake Shields
7. Carlos Condit
8. Nick Diaz
9. Johny Hendricks

I think he beats Diaz, Condit, Hardy, Alves, Penn but loses to Fitch, Hendricks, Shields, Koscheck.

So 5/9

He'd have his hands full with most of them (except Hardy), hard to imagine him going through them all without having a bad night and losing.

Koscheck, Hendricks, Penn, Diaz, Alves and Condit are all toss ups IMO.

BTW: this thread reminds me of just how great GSP was... that's a murderers row, and he fought them all at their absolute peak.

MMA evolves every year so Usman destroys all of them at the same time

I think Alves would be his toughest fight other than Hendricks. Diaz and Condit can't handle the wrestling, Penn is too small and his cardio likely wouldn't hold up, Fitch and Shields wouldn't be able to outwrestle him and gets beat up otherwise, Hardy and Kos don't really offer anything. Alves is an interesting fight if it's Alves at his peak.

I always see people claiming that Hendricks would be competitive with Usman, and I always laugh.

Prime Hendricks always struggled with other wrestlers and he had shitty cardio. He would get carved up in five round fights against Usman or Colby.

Also, Usman would beat Shields easy. Wouldn't give up the TD and wouldn't get outlanded while looking for the perfect counter like Woodley did.
Prime Hendricks could KO Usman

Typical cope out argument when someone can't bring any valid points.

Notice when somewhen says "The sport has evolved" they never mention exactly what has changed because they don't know shit lol.

You probably can't even give me one technique that Usman uses that Hendricks in 2013 has never seen.

Yes the sport evolves, but not that fast.
Yeah it's silly.

The sport has 'evolved' but prime GSP beats all of Usman's opponents too...

Some of you are being silly.

Usman blows through those guys, and fairly easily (relative to title fight standards that is). Prime Juicy Hendricks is the only one that would make him sweat.

The only WW in history approaching Usman's level H2H is GSP.

That's it. GSP and Usman. Then a major gap to the others.

Some of you are being silly.

Usman blows through those guys, and fairly easily (relative to title fight standards that is). Prime Juicy Hendricks is the only one that would make him sweat.

The only WW in history approaching Usman's level H2H is GSP.

That's it. GSP and Usman. Then a major gap to the others.
Usman got rocked by Colby and nearly finished by Burns. He ain’t all that. If you put him in there with an elite wrestler who can punch like Hendricks or Koscheck it could be an issue. Also prime Shields could be a problem.

Prime Hendricks could KO Usman

“Could” is a long way from would. The only elite wrestler that Hendricks KO’d was Fitch, and it happened in the first exchange of the fight.

After a seeing Usman take multiple flush power punches, a head kick and a knee from Burns all in the same round, I seriously doubt that Hendricks would finish Usman before gassing.

“Could” is a long way from would. The only elite wrestler that Hendricks KO’d was Fitch, and it happened in the first exchange of the fight.

After a seeing Usman take multiple flush power punches, a head kick and a knee from Burns all in the same round, I seriously doubt that Hendricks would finish Usman before gassing.
Yeah and my original post stated:
"Prime Hendricks has a chance"

Back