How many of GSP's title defense victims would Usman beat?

These threads are hilarious when we take inferior past fighters and just assume they’d beat the more accomplished current fighter. Why?

1. Jon Fitch
2. BJ Penn
3. Thiago Alves
4. Dan Hardy
5. Josh Koscheck
6. Jake Shields
7. Carlos Condit
8. Nick Diaz
9. Johny Hendricks

I think he beats Diaz, Condit, Hardy, Alves, Penn but loses to Fitch, Hendricks, Shields, Koscheck.

So 5/9
He would easily beat all of them, just as easily as he would beat GSP.

all of them IMO, Hendricks being the toughest matchup.

Hendricks is a hard ass fight for Usman. Usman is the number 2 best WW ever imo for a reason.

all of those one dimensional fighters
Are you seriously calling BJ Penn a one dimensional fighter? There are others in that list who are also multi-dimensional, but the fact that you made an absolute statement like that without excluding the likes of BJ Penn shows how laughable your bias is concerning GSP.

and natural LWs
Jon Fitch (Welterweight/Middleweight)
Dan Hardy (Welterweight)
Josh Koscheck (Welterweight/Middleweight)
Jake Shields (Welterweight/Middleweight)
Carlos Condit (Welterweight)
Johny Hendricks (Welterweight/Middleweight)

The majority of these fighters are Welterweights and Middleweights; your bias strikes you out again <Lmaoo>.

and has much more than 1 finish in 9 fights like GSP did
Usman only has one finish against a natural Welterweight in title fights.

What's even more hilarious is that your idol, Anderson Silva, has fought more opponents in title defenses who've competed at a lower weight classes than GSP and most of Silva's title defenses were against one dimensional fighters.

Sincerely,
a non-GSP fan

He'd have a very tough time with the Hendricks (pre-Usada) that fought GSP - might even get TKO'd.

He'd Dec Nick but would never have him in any danger - similar to what he did to Mas the first time. Nick isn't as in fight stupid and arrogant as Mas and would recognize that their is a danger so he'd never leave himself open for a shot - besides he's tasted some serious thunder and never took a back step. Same thing GSP did - safe dec but ultra boring.

The Alves that GSP fought would be a tough one - either could win and it would be a close Dec.

I'd put my money on Prime Condit.

He beats up the rest of the guys on your list.

He'd beat all of them, including the mythical "prime" Hendricks that never actually existed.

I would favor Usman over all of them but I think Prime Alves probably has the best chance, his TDD was really good and he had some crazy good low kicks and knees back when he was uber alves. Hendricks has a good chance too. The Penn who fought GSP in the first fight also might be able to win

Can't wait for time machines to be a thing so we can settle these matters once and for all.

Nice to see Usman getting some respect here. A couple years ago it wasn't the case as he was getting crapped on by many.

As for this question he could win against all of them but a few of those guys in their prime also could possibly pull off a win against him.

Typical cope out argument when someone can't bring any valid points.

Notice when somewhen says "The sport has evolved" they never mention exactly what has changed because they don't know shit lol.

You probably can't even give me one technique that Usman uses that Hendricks in 2013 has never seen.

Yes the sport evolves, but not that fast.

Name one fighter in that list that is winning fights in the UFC currently.

K-1 Shields decisions Usman

Prime Hendricks has a chance

But other than that, I don't see Usman losing to any of those old lions of yesteryear. Too good everywhere, like GSP was.

I always see people claiming that Hendricks would be competitive with Usman, and I always laugh.

Prime Hendricks always struggled with other wrestlers and he had shitty cardio. He would get carved up in five round fights against Usman or Colby.

Also, Usman would beat Shields easy. Wouldn't give up the TD and wouldn't get outlanded while looking for the perfect counter like Woodley did.

Back