How many fighters better than Ronda actually existed in WMMA history?

Miesha Tate is a very good grappler and Ronda has won fights in under one minute through striking too.

Against (highly lol) skilled strikers? I don't think so. Ronda dominated because her skillset (particularly grappling) was much higher than the abysmally low skill tide of her times. That tide has risen significantly, regardless of cans crushed. Also, Tate's grappling was good . . .for that tide level as well. Which isn't much considering we're talking WMMA in the 2010's. Either the tide has risen, or it hasn't. It seem pretty hard to argue the latter, Ronda or not.

Against (highly lol) skilled strikers? I don't think so. Ronda dominated because her skillset (particularly grappling) was much higher than the abysmally low skill tide of her times. That tide has risen significantly, regardless of cans crushed. Also, Tate's grappling was good . . .for that tide level as well. Which isn't much considering we're talking WMMA in the 2010's. Either the tide has risen, or it hasn't. It seem pretty hard to argue the latter, Ronda or not.

No, they weren't highly skilled strikers of course but it still wouldn't be easy for any good fighter to defeat them in under one minute.

She never had a hope in hell against Amanda. If you don’t realize that. You’re beyond help. Add in Cyborg. What would Ronda do to her?

Ridiculous ovary hugging.
You're just a rude old man. I was half joking but I guess I could make the point that Ronda beat 3 of Nunes losses in under a minute. No hope in hell? You are way of man. Get a grip.

I will read your reply but i will not continue this discussion with you. You are a notorious flamer and I don't want any part in one of your nerd wars.

No, they weren't highly skilled strikers of course but it still wouldn't be easy for any good fighter to defeat them in under one minute.

Style matchups matter, Ronda's skillset was made for taking out other grapplers and C-level strikers. She's pretty good grappler herself with a significant advantage in athleticism over everyone else, and none of the strikers could hit hard enough to hurt her or had the footwork to stay away from her and avoid the throws.

WMMA is a place where a CM Punk-level fighter can rack up some wins in UFC.

Ronda was beating yoga moms when WMMA was in its infancy. Her best win was Miesha Tate who she had multiple fights with and Miesha was mid-grade at best once WMMA went into its next phase.

Holly Holm was the first one who had the ability to neutralize her takedown with good takedown defense. Her striking is some of the worst ever in MMA history.

Amanda Nunes in her prime vs Ronday in her prime, is just as terrible for Ronda as it ended up being. There is nothing Ronda could do to beat Amanda. Amanda was just levels better than her especially considering this type of striking:

Ronda was beating yoga moms when WMMA was in its infancy.
Zingano who beat Nunes
Tate who beat Holm
Sara Mcmann (Olympic Gold Medalist in wrestling)

Zingano who beat Nunes
Tate who beat Holm

I have gotten sick of responding to such nonsensical claims. I said peak Amanda. She wrecks Ronda 10/10 times the way she did in 52 seconds.

Zingano beat a mid-20s new from Brazil Amanda Nunes who did not even have a proper trainer (pre ATT). Even in that, Nunes literally gassed herself out, beating the living sh*t out of Zingano and giving her CTE (Zingano said that on JRE). It is called evolution of fighters. Zingano was still in UFC when Nunes became the champion. Zingao could not have a rematch against Nunes when Nunes was champion because she was not even ranked at that time and eventually got kicked out of UFC.

Alexa Grasso isn't in the same level of Prime Ronda ffs and I fucking hate Ronda and love Alexa so this is not easy for me to say.

I have gotten sick of responding to such idiotic claims.
Dont make idiotic posts then.

Also:

Zingano who beat Nunes
Tate who beat Holm

Also:

Zingano who beat Nunes
Tate who beat Holm
Ahh OK. There is no cure for ignorance and lack of understanding of logic. How you completely remove context, is laughable. It has nothing to do with the fact that Nunes wrecks her 10/10 times in prime vs prime comparison.

Here is the response you completely ignored. Don't respond to my posts, if you cannot comprehend it. Move along.

Nunes wrecks Ronda 10/10 times the way she did in 52 seconds.

Zingano beat a mid-20s new from Brazil Amanda Nunes who did not even have a proper trainer (pre ATT). Even in that, Nunes literally gassed herself out, beating the living sh*t out of Zingano and giving her CTE (Zingano said that on JRE). It is called evolution of fighters. Zingano was still in UFC when Nunes became the champion. Zingao could not have a rematch against Nunes when Nunes was champion because she was not even ranked at that time and eventually got kicked out of UFC.

Also:

Zingano who beat Nunes
Tate who beat Holm

Nunes hadn't reached her peak at that time. She didn't even have a good coach yet.
Holm is not a good fighter by any stretch. She only beat Ronda because of good stylistic match -up.
Sara Mcmann is not a good fighter either. It's about how she does in MMA not in another combat sport. (There's also the little fact that women's Olympic wrestling was at a very low level when she won her medal).

Nunes hadn't reached her peak at that time. She didn't even have a good coach yet.
Holm is not a good fighter by any stretch. She only beat Ronda because of good stylistic match -up.
Sara Mcmann is not a good fighter either. It's about how she does in MMA not in another combat sport. (There's also the little fact that women's Olympic wrestling was at a very low level when she won her medal).
Yogamoms was it?

this is like a GOAT type of discussion, there is no definition for 'better'. better question would be how many of those fighters could beat her, and quite a few of the newer breed could do it.

Also:

Zingano who beat Nunes
Tate who beat Holm

Just to fuck with you: Sara was a silver medalist.

My post serves no real other purpose. :)

Back