How is Rumble losing to Koscheck and Belfort relevant...

Yea but Kos was easily the #2 WW at the time.

What? No he wasn't. There is no conceivable way to have ranked him over Alves at the time given their fairly recent contest, and Fitch was ranked over him too. This fight happened 7 months after he got Ko'd by Paulo Thiago.

But don't take my word for it:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/5/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-20862

The point is, at the time I thought that Rumble was the next champ at WW, and Kos shattered that. I am reluctant to buy into Rumbles hype a second time. Plus, when I think about Kos he's so much less formidable in my mental accounting than Gus is.

That's all I meant. No shame in losing to Kos.

What's funny is Rumble was trying to cut an extreme amount of weight to gain an advantage, when in reality he was doing a disservice to himself

Fighters who want to cut extreme weight in the future should look at Rumble as an example of what can go wrong with that

Because he lost to them in a fight.

Because sherdog is STUPID.

Lol, first post nails it. Most of these people weren't around then. They look at fight finder and hop on board.

Clementi was an experienced vet and rumble was a rookie.

Kos was really good. The weight cut plus Kos being an animal is nothing to be ashamed of.

Rumble is fighting at a proper weight now. Beating AA at the time he did has proven to be a big win. Prison r**ing Lil Nig was a good win (I believe he was top ten at the time, but could be wrong), even though he looked flat...getting blasted over and over by Humble Rumble will do that to you.

It should be a GREAT fight.

Koscheck did land some sweet eye pokes on Rumble.

KoscheckJohnson3.gif

With Gus and possibly Bones on the horizon I don't see how he can beat either one and he wont be able to see it either.

Them eye pokes from Kos has Rumble paranoid after the Burns fights, also people saying Vitor dominated...all I remember is those garbage stand ups and then he gassed and got choked out.

It's not relevant, imo. Different Gus, rumble, and Davis. The Gus/Davis rematch would be fun if Gus loses and Davis wins.

Back