How is Rumble losing to Koscheck and Belfort relevant...

KR811**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
But Gus losing to Phil Davis is not. Rumble lost to koscheck over 5 years ago, but idiots here say that Gus losing to Davis 4 years ago was so long ago that it doesn't count against Gus.

Rumble beat an improved Davis who already subbed Gus handily. It's retarded to think Davis and Rumble haven't improved since 2009-2010 and only Gus has.

Sherdog seems to still think Rumble is still the same fighter at WW.

Rumble also looked dead in the grappling at welterweight. I wouldn't call those losses irelevent, but I believe it's fair to judge him on how he's performed at LHW in its own context.

It's the Clementi loss that seals Rumble's fate in my mind.

Rumble gassed as soon has he started grappling at WW, and having cut too much weight before, I can understand why he lost those fights.

I don't put too much stock in either man's earlier losses, but it is hard for me to shake the image of Kos beating Rumble.

Rumble was fighting in the wrong class against Kos. He was putting his body through AIDS+chemo.

Vs Belfort he almost died from the weight cut and his body was totally fucked.

Then again you didn't watch the fights.

He breaks too easy on the ground.

Neither are relevant considering both improved since those loses.

Because Gus has vastly improved an area where he was weak (wrestling) after that fight, adding another dimension to his game, vastly improving his well-roundedness, thereby elevating his overall game.

Whereas Rumble may have improved as well, but he is largely the same fighter he was previously.

The Gus of now and pre-Davis Gus are completely different fighters. Come on, son. You know this.

Rumble gassed as soon has he started grappling at WW, and having cut too much weight before, I can understand why he lost those fights.

I don't put too much stock in either man's earlier losses, but it is hard for me to shake the image of Kos beating Rumble.

Yet Davis the most boring of mma today finished Gus Viking God of mma.

Because Gus has vastly improved an area where he was weak (wrestling) after that fight, adding another dimension to his game, vastly improving his well-roundedness, thereby elevating his overall game.

Whereas Rumble may have improved as well, but he is largely the same fighter he was previously.

The Gus of now and pre-Davis Gus are completely different fighters. Come on, son. You know this.

Hardly. Rumble has more power and stamina at a sustainable weight cut. I doubt Gus could break Arlovksi's jaw.

Hardly. Rumble has more power and stamina at a sustainable weight cut. I doubt Gus could break Arlovksi's jaw.

You like Rumble. You don't like Gus. We get it bro.

Rumble losing to Vitor and Kos are completely irrelevant because one bout was at 170, and the other was at 185. He fights at 205 now and has earned his top contender title right now.

If we're going to use stupidity to down play Rumble being a threat to Gus, then Vitors performances against Tito and Couture are relevant towards his performance against Weidman next month. Let's start thinking logically, please.

Rumbles weakness was his wrestling and stamina, considering he tooled Phil Davis for three rounds defending constant takedowns I would say he has improved. Also has a submission even been attempted on Gus since that fight? How do you know he improved that.

I know it's not relevant...

But we can never forget.

Its really the same thing if you think about it. One guy lost by sub 5 years and ago and there other 3 years ago and both guys have done great since then.

it's been a long time since Rumble lost to Kos... pretty irrelevant.

Back