How is Masvidal going to beat Nate in a 5 round fight?

Nate has been knocked out by a less powerful striker than Jorge

Nate barely outvolumed notorious gasser McGregor in their rematch

Jorge will chop his legs down and then go to the head. It will be ugly and one-sided.

No matter what happens...either of these 2 smoke your overrated play it safe bum Khabib with his padded record.

My guess is by decision, submission or knockout/technical knockout.

jorge is way smarter and uses more striking weapons

and nate has a ton of losses

I can definitely see either guy winning and I think most people agree that it could go either way. If I put lots of thought into the fight and match up then I can find myself leaning towards Jorge, but my instinct is that Nate will win a close decision.

Jorge might just mess him up with his more complete striking arsenal, but I just think Nate is going to put it on him and take the fight. If I think about it then Masvidal has good head movement and should be able to dodge a lot of Nate’s punches and then land hard counters, but I don’t want to over-complicate it. My instinct is that Nate wins and I predict fights more accurately when I only use my instinct and a quick analysis rather than a deep one. When you’ve watched a ton of fights and know a lot about both fighters you can pretty much break down a fight in your mind in a few seconds. It might not be the most reliable way of predicting a fight, but it’s easy to end up over- analysing. If I go into deep analysis then I would probably lean for Jorge though.

I’m just not convinced about Jorge’s ability to win close decisions. Jorge isn’t a KO artist like some people think he is, but he is dangerous at 170 and has very good finishing instinct, and finishing fights is his best path to winning in a lot of cases. The judges just do not seem to side with his low-output, patient style. Jorge can win moments of fights in big ways, but then he finds himself in a pretty even battle for the rest of the fight that is hard to call. Nate just so happens to have a high output and I could see Jorge deviating away from his game plan to stand and bang, and then he could end up on the back foot while Nate is throwing more punches than he is. Jorge might legitimately win the fight but I could see the judges picking Nate. Both guys have a history of losing some close decisions but I honestly think the judges would pick Nate if it was super close. I think a prime Nick would beat Masvidal and I’d be confident, but Nate and Nick are quite different in their approaches.

Basically,
If Jorge follows a great game plan and doesn’t deviate from it then I think he will win and he might be dominant. I think Nate is going to make him get away from it though and Nate will edge him out over 5 rounds. I love both guys so an exciting, close 5 round battle is what I am hoping for.

Nate isn't cardio machine anymore. He gassed out in both his last fights. Sitting out for years without fighting is bound to take a toll on you whether you do triathlons here and there or not.
But he isn't sitting out for a year this time.

The amount of hype Mas has built is kind of ridiculous. Little more than a year ago he was regarded as generally being a technical, if not boring, journeyman, and I think everyone is on for a rude awakening when he hits his ceiling and starts to show his true colors.

Really it’s just that a bunch of people really hated Askern and were really happy when Mas KOed him.

It’s a petty way to get hyped, but is pretty common on Sherdog.
He's gotten alot of new fans but he's always been a decent fighter. His problem was that he didn't always go for the kill, he's lost decisions he shouldve won. That being said there isn't some huge skill gap between him and Nate.

Nate looked 100 years old vs Pettis and displayed zero killer instinct - had opportunities upon opportunities to finish Ant, but couldn't. That could be ring rust from a lay off or maybe he's gotten worse. He's also not putting Mas away cause he's got pillow fists. So, if Jorge gets it done, it's probably due to Nate atrophying.

I still think Nate gets the decision. Masvidal is very mediocre, takes rounds off, self sabotages, would be the underdog in every rematch of every big fight he's ever won and usually goes to a decision. If Nate can't beat him, it means his best days are long gone.

People must not have a good memory if they think he is some knockout artist because of the askren fight. Sure he arguably has better boxing than Nate but he isn't going to knock out zombie chin and by round 3 cardio machine Nate will put it on him and volume strike him silly.
Everyone thinks a durable fighter's immune to getting knocked out until it happens. It's already happened to Nate once, no reason that Jorge, someone with 15 ko/tko victories on his record, can't do it. People said the same thing about Frankie Edgar. Not sure what makes you think Jorge's going to gas by round 3 either.

Nate looked 100 years old vs Pettis and displayed zero killer instinct - had opportunities upon opportunities to finish Ant, but couldn't. That could be ring rust from a lay off or maybe he's gotten worse. He's also not putting Mas away cause he's got pillow fists. So, if Jorge gets it done, it's probably due to Nate atrophying.

I still think Nate gets the decision. Masvidal is very mediocre, takes rounds off, self sabotages, would be the underdog in every rematch of every big fight he's ever won and usually goes to a decision. If Nate can't beat him, it means his best days are long gone.
Jorge's 11-6 in the UFC and has never been finished within the promotion. Plus, four of his six losses were via split decision, so the guy hasn't really been dominated. Not sure how that constitutes a "very mediocre" labeling.

Diaz and Masvidal equally matched and equally inconsistent. I'm amazed about the confident some of you display here.

jorge is way smarter and uses more striking weapons

and nate has a ton of losses

Masvidal has more losses than Diaz and showed bad fight IQ in several split decisions he lost.

Jorge will cripple that knee and then get the KO.

I think it will be fun and competitive but a clear win for Jorge. I could also see Diaz getting cut up pretty bad and the fight being stopped by the doctor.

I just think Jorge's boxing is too crisp and his game is too complete for Diaz.
Boom. Cut.

Back