How is Masvidal going to beat Nate in a 5 round fight?

My heart says masvidal but my wallet says nate. Who is +140 right now.

Nate's going to have to make this an ugly dog fight. Masvidal has way better wrestling, if he feels the need. You bet your a$$ he'll be smart enough, to feel the need, if he gets cracked and or rocked. While Nathan may have better submissions, all Masvidal needs to win the grappling is submission defense and takedown offense, which he has in spades. If Nate plays his game right, he might get a competitive nod, by sheer volume. That's really my only worry. But Masvidal's as technical and clean as it gets, striking. So Nate will be hittin' air a lot in this fight. I'm not worried about Mas' cardio, at all. Masvidal wins, by unanimous decision.

I agree with 80% of what you said... Except masvidal having good enough boxing defense and cardio to evade and or stop nate dead in his tracks. Masvidal won't stand and bang with nate and Nate's gonna keep moving forward.

Compare their output of punches on avg and look at Nate's reach. I think nate wins by decision with a small chance of masvidal landing a tko combo.

I think it will be fun and competitive but a clear win for Jorge. I could also see Diaz getting cut up pretty bad and the fight being stopped by the doctor.

I just think Jorge's boxing is too crisp and his game is too complete for Diaz.

People must not have a good memory if they think he is some knockout artist because of the askren fight. Sure he arguably has better boxing than Nate but he isn't going to knock out zombie chin and by round 3 cardio machine Nate will put it on him and volume strike him silly.
Not at 155. Masvidal has shown more power up at 170 than he does at 155. He didn't gas in the few 5 rounders I saw him fight in. Nate is tough to KO, but so is Jorge. Should be a damn fun fight to watch.

To answer your question, Jorge will need to mix it up. Leg kicks (even though Nate finally has started to check them consistently), cutting angles, avoid being trapped against the fence and offensive wrestling. Also, hard punches to the body. If he does all that, he should be just fine. It's MMA. Nate could win by flying gogoplata.

That's why we have to watch to find out.

{<huh}

lmao nate literally has not won a 5 round fight in his entire career, and he lost a 5 rounder to fucking conor lol. masvidal has very good cardio.

People must not have a good memory if they think he is some knockout artist because of the askren fight. Sure he arguably has better boxing than Nate but he isn't going to knock out zombie chin and by round 3 cardio machine Nate will put it on him and volume strike him silly.
I have no idea what will happen in this fight. I can only take educated guesses. Masvidal is currently at the top of his game, but so is Nate. I really didn't think Nate could handle Pettis, but he literally walked right through him. I also didn't think masvidal would beat Till, but he dismantled him.

I think nate will try to fill out in the 1st round while masvidal will march forward, but I don't think he will go for the instant kill shot right away. I can see Nate trying to take control of the fight in the 2nd by putting on more pressure. By the rd round, if Nate hasn't taken many shots, I think he will start to push masvidal up against the cage and do what he does best.

Fight should be a war. Hoping to see another Gamebred highlight finish.

Masvidal hasn't been drilling body kicks against an opposite stance fighter for nothing. Also, Nate looked gassed after ten minutes in his last fight.

I struggle to see Nate winning.

Nate was getting stung by every punch Pettis threw at him, and Pettis isn't really a power puncher. That was still a pretty good win coming off of that kind of lay off but it was a favourable match up even though Pettis is a kicker. Pettis is the smaller man and is known to crumble under pressure, which Nate brings.

I kind of wish Nate had a fight in between Pettis and Masvidal because if Masvidal wins, I think it's going to be hard to tell just how much of that was down to Nate's decline (if he's on one). I feel like this fight potentially won't answer the questions it should.

Nate will be too slow and soft for Masvidal. I see a bad beating.

This is likely going to be a boring fight.

Masvidal, outside of his last couple of fights, has a tendency to point fight, and not really do enough to win.

I could easily see Mas getting pressured early, and trying to wrestle Nate if he gets cracked with something, which will probably result in a lot of wall-n-stall, because Mas’ wrestling isn’t good enough to truly control Nate, nor do I imagine Mas wants to risk spending a lot of time on the ground with a good JJ player like Nate.

So basically it will be a lot of Mas trying to be technical and avoid the brawl, while trying to half-heartedly wrestle.

The amount of hype Mas has built is kind of ridiculous. Little more than a year ago he was regarded as generally being a technical, if not boring, journeyman, and I think everyone is on for a rude awakening when he hits his ceiling and starts to show his true colors.

Really it’s just that a bunch of people really hated Askern and were really happy when Mas KOed him.

It’s a petty way to get hyped, but is pretty common on Sherdog.

I think that if his big strikes don't work at first, Masvidal will try to win the decision by backing up and throwing pitty-pat leg kicks

If Jorge gets it done, I think a knockdown followed by GnP for a TKO.

Masvidal will most likely stop him. Earlier in his career Masvidal was susceptible to being outworked and outwitted. It sometimes appeared he was content to fight just for the sake of fighting. Now he is fighting with better tactics and his power looks better than ever. Neither guy will back down and I believe Masvidal will land cleaner and harder shots which will eventually lead to a TKO.

Nate doesn't have enough speed, power, or slickness to bother Masvidal all that much, and his work rate isn't quite what it used to be.

Body kicks, hooks to the body - then going upstairs to finish it off.

Nate hasn’t been active enough. He beat Pettis decisively but he didn’t look like himself. Time is catching up to him. If this was 4-5 years ago Nate all the way..... today, I’m not so sure

i get what TS is saying, but Masvidal has learned from his fights and actually started being aggressive. sure diaz is hard to finish but it can be done.

Back