how is lauzon a purple belt?!?!?

van vivas

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just like the title says i was amazed when i found out one of the guys with most subs in the ufc is a purple belt. And he has done amazing submissions finishes!!

Rac****s aren't allowed to go higher than purple.

where did you see that he is a purple belt? I know for the longest time he called himself a "no belt", meaning that although he trained BJJ every day for years, he was not moving up any formal ranking system.

Oftentimes people who train mostly no Gi BJJ don't have high belt ranks

where did you see that he is a purple belt? I know for the longest time he called himself a "no belt", meaning that although he trained BJJ every day for years, he was not moving up any formal ranking system.

That's what Wikipedia, the compendium of all human knowledge, says.

Belts mean nothing in MMA.

Need proof?

Jon Jones is a white belt in BJJ

His BJJ instructor has only seen fit to give him a purple belt so far. /thread

He doesn't train with a gi and there are no belt in no-gi. And besides, belts are here only to prevent your pants from falling down.

Iv seen this as well. It's pretty mind boggling if true which I doubt. He's a black belt level at least in no gi and if there were belt rankings for MMA bjj he's black. Only gsot has out grappled and he's a phenomenal practicioner.

He said he was a purple in one of his Q and A livestreams, it's because he trains no gi only

The place I took submission grappling was a Kenpo place.. The guys there were high level grapplers with no belt in JJ. You can grapple without one. I think Frank Shamrock and Sakuraba proved that 15 years ago kiddies.

Don't think he's been training with an instuctor who's allowed to grade him, doesn't mean anything though, he might just be very good at MMA jiujitsu but nothing special at stand alone BJJ.

Iv seen this as well. It's pretty mind boggling if true which I doubt. He's a black belt level at least in no gi and if there were belt rankings for MMA bjj he's black. Only gsot has out grappled and he's a phenomenal practicioner.

It was more Joe's gas tank that let him down against Gsot than his grappling.

Back