• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How is Khabib viewed in Russia?

Fedor level? Id like to know tbh

Have you seen young Abdulmanap? he looks exactly like Khabib

kNQXuFrYxd7BpaxzzoQTt52Il_gj99iW1rfXi1HpSho.jpg

both Abdulmanap and Khabib look typical Avar

That looks like a hard neck to strangle.

lol @ Racism.
Russians hate them because they remember the countless terror attacks that killed their friends and families.

A LOT of russia's population would be "racist nut jobs" according to you.
It has to do with history. It's like the koreans hating the japanese, it's not about racism it's about history (and religion, not race).
I’m aware that this might be a tougher question to answer in other part of the world. I mean I realize Hawaiian’s weren’t raiding the Californian coast. I know there were two bitter wars in Chechnya and some absolutely appalling acts of terrorism. I would be lying if I pretended to know how much of that resentment bleeds over into Dagestan. I know individual fighters from Dagestan have participated in the past, but to my knowledge it was individuals and not the region.

As far as Japan and Korea go, yeah I might consider that racist today. If you’re a young Korean that didn’t experience these atrocities, you shouldn’t hate people living in Japan today for it. Almost everyone that was involved is now dead and gone.

The "problem" between real russians(slavs) and Caucasians(especially Chechens and dagestanis) have existed since the lands of north Caucasus, like Chechnya and Dagestan got occupied by Imperial Russia in the late 1800s. There have been big wars between the parts up to the times of occupation. The problem lies deeper than just being some religious thing or some new thing.
We are at least talking about 150-200 years issues. Caucasians and slavs almost have nothing in common in terms of culture, and view on loyalty, honor and respect, so it will be harder to find very good relations between the parts.

I’m aware that this might be a tougher question to answer in other part of the world. I mean I realize Hawaiian’s weren’t raiding the Californian coast. I know there were two bitter wars in Chechnya and some absolutely appalling acts of terrorism. I would be lying if I pretended to know how much of that resentment bleeds over into Dagestan. I know individual fighters from Dagestan have participated in the past, but to my knowledge it was individuals and not the region.

As far as Japan and Korea go, yeah I might consider that racist today. If you’re a young Korean that didn’t experience these atrocities, you shouldn’t hate people living in Japan today for it. Almost everyone that was involved is now dead and gone.

I don't think they really differentiate. Just like here some people can't differentiate between moderate Muslims from Iran or fundamentalists from Afghanistan.
Tough topic, haven't got that much insight into the russian perspective but I'm sure most of the hate going towards Chechnya and Dagestan turned into plain and undifferentiated hate for Muslims because of those terror acts and wars.

And yeah, I actually agree with you there. I have a hilarious statistic from Korea. Check this out:
21,2% of koreans voted for "Attack Japan" with no apparent reason LMAO.

1551715834914.jpg

He seems proud of his Avar roots and I don’t think they forgot what Stalin did to them. I’d imagine most Dagi’s and Chechens would like to be free of Russia, but it’s not worth the blood and tears at this point. I don’t understand why Russia doesn’t give that region independence, it’s clear Russians despise them and they despise Russians. Why not go your separate ways.
Because of sovereignty, If you let one go, tatars and others would vote to separate next. Not acceptable for Russia in its current state. Would be not so good for those regions too, economically wise. Fyi, Stalin was Georgian by ethnicity, not Russian/Slav. But yeah, dislike between russians and dagestani is mutual. However, nowadays I wouldn't call it hate though, it is not as bad as it was 20 or even 10 years ago.

Most right wing / conservative Russians (of which there are quite a lot) don't like Dagestanis and especially Chechens.
Well maybe russia should leave them independence? Bottom line is Russia is a federation with shit load of ethnicities and languages and religion. Russian empire conquered Dagestan in 19th century. Khabib speaks Avar Language and didnt even learn Russian until beginning of high school when he moved to capital city of Dagestan because there everyone speaks Russian as main language because nobody can understand each other too many different languages.

So i can not blame him if he is not totally in love with Russia, but bottom line is most Dagestanis are proud to serve in Russian military, the main problem in Russia is quite a bit of bit skinheads nazis not too mention the hate recently between ukranians and Russians. If you ever trevel to far West of Ukraine, they totaly despise Russians you will get more love in Dagestan than western Ukraine if you russian

I have nothing to do with innerpolitical problems of Russia. I was just telling it like it is. A LOT of russians hate chechens and dagestanis because of history (terror) and religion.
I can't change that, also consider that the administration of Russia doesn't exactly follow what the people want.
Lol the vast majority of Russian population was for the wars.

Again, very high lvl of hypocrisy...

Lol the vast majority of Russian population was for the wars.

Again, very high lvl of hypocrisy...

Where did I say something different? I wasn't talking about the wars in specific when I said that the administration isn't doing everything the people want obviously. Many people are dissatisfied with Putin and his state.
What are you on about and why do you think I am displaying hypocrisy? Explain what is hypocritical about my post or shut the fuck up man?

lol @ Racism.
Russians hate them because they remember the countless terror attacks that killed their friends and families.

A LOT of russia's population would be "racist nut jobs" according to you.
It has to do with history. It's like the koreans hating the japanese, it's not about racism it's about history (and religion, not race).
so they steal their country and make it as a russian republic then hate on them when they fight back lol

I wasn't talking about the wars, I was talking about the integration of the territory.
What are you on about and why do you think I am displaying hypocrisy? Explain what is hypocritical about my post or shut the fuck up man?
Never said you were a hypocrite, I was talking about the ethnic Russian people you describe 2 or 3 post away.

You're reading comprehension doesn't seem the best, don't have a Meltdown on sherdog, ain't a good look...

so they steal their country and make it as a russian republic then hate on them when they fight back lol

"Aslan Maskhadov's government was unable to rebuild the region or to prevent a number of warlords from taking effective control. The relationship between the government and radicals deteriorated. In March 1999, Maskhadov closed down the Chechen parliament and introduced aspects of Sharia law. Despite this concession, extremists such as Shamil Basayev and the Saudi-born Islamist Ibn Al-Khattab continued to undermine the Maskhadov government. In April 1998, the group publicly declared that its long-term aim was the creation of a union of Chechnya and Dagestan under Islamic rule and the expulsion of Russians from the entire Caucasian Region."

I'm not gonna teach you history or discuss if this shit was right or wrong because I literally couldn't care less about russian politics bruh. I was just telling it how it is, I didn't judge any faction.
I just said lots of Russians hate Chechens/Dagestanis because of terror attacks and the war. No judgement intended. It's probably the same vice-versa.

Don't mind them, they talk that trash online because they fear chechens and Dagestanis in real life and wouldn't dare saying it to their faces.

The fear ethnic Russians in cities like Moscow have for Chechens is insane. A lot of it is warranted though cause they beat everybody up and are known for honor killings over the smallest stuff.
I have friends who lived in Russia and they actually told me in early 2000s Russian Nazis were notorious of killing lots of caucuses random people of stabbing. Just look into the skinheads nazi movement that was in early Russia, insane they’re grandparents are turning in graves , so it goes both ways. I find it interesting how an Orthodox priest in Russia told a story of an old Russian woman who would go to church via taxi because she had no transportation, the woman told him “ Everytime i have russian taxi driver he charges me full price and they dont care, but every Muslim taxi driver refused to take her money while taking her to church. The priest replied that most Russians have lost faith in god long time ago sadly

"Aslan Maskhadov's government was unable to rebuild the region or to prevent a number of warlords from taking effective control. The relationship between the government and radicals deteriorated. In March 1999, Maskhadov closed down the Chechen parliament and introduced aspects of Sharia law. Despite this concession, extremists such as Shamil Basayev and the Saudi-born Islamist Ibn Al-Khattab continued to undermine the Maskhadov government. In April 1998, the group publicly declared that its long-term aim was the creation of a union of Chechnya and Dagestan under Islamic rule and the expulsion of Russians from the entire Caucasian Region."

I'm not gonna teach you history or discuss if this shit was right or wrong because I literally couldn't care less about russian politics bruh. I was just telling it how it is, I didn't judge any faction.
I just said lots of Russians hate Chechens/Dagestanis because of terror attacks and the war. No judgement intended. It's probably the same vice-versa.

Yeah a republic that lost 80.000+ people, had its infrastructure destroyed and many of their important leaders killed had a hard time rebuilding and maintaining a broken nation, who would have thought

I just scrolled down the entire thread, and it looks like NON-RusSIANS arguing over what it's like in RUSSIA. WTF

Youtube videos showing Russians cheer for Khabib.

Then a bunch of Sherdoggers say Khabib is hated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll say this at least....Slavs are the toughest white people by far at least compared to Western whites
True, yet they get their shit pushed in 1vs 1 against caucasus people, they fear chechen and dagestani and either gang up on them, police intervenes or they get cucked just like in the video

Fuck, thats crazy. Thanks for sharing that anecdote.
Do you think he was just fucking with you saying it was chechen meat?
No it was common practice to eat the flesh of the looser (if he was checken or dsgesthani) and Grill it on a Stick outside the Stadium in 2007.
<{1-1}>

yes, nobody gave a fuck about russians (im talking about MMA) everyone started talking when this undefeated kid who wrestled bears started dominating the ufc.

I guess they missed the 10 years that Fedor ruled the HW in mma then.

Back