• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How is Khabib viewed in Russia?

I was living with a bunch of Lithuanian people and they hated Khabib because he was Muslim.

Russia is an enormous place, some parts are basically in China. I think Khabib would be a bigger star if he was of real Russian heritage like Fedor.

I remember walking near the Ismailovo hotel in 2006-2007, after a match at the Meskhi Lokomotivi stadium, and I saw a bunch of dudes around a grill with pieces of meat on sticks. One of them said something to me and the other laughed. The russian photographer that was with me said: "He noticed that you are a foreigner. He wants to know if you want to try their food. He said is meat from chechen fighters". Looked more like chicken, really. and it smelled delicious, but the fact that they all found it funny to grill human flesh from chechens was disturbing.

Fuck, thats crazy. Thanks for sharing that anecdote.
Do you think he was just fucking with you saying it was chechen meat?

lol @ Racism.
Russians hate them because they remember the countless terror attacks that killed their friends and families.

A LOT of russia's population would be "racist nut jobs" according to you.
It has to do with history. It's like the koreans hating the japanese, it's not about racism it's about history (and religion, not race).
true, but when say they talk about the Eastern European take over of boxng....they are referring to Slavs

I'll say this at least....Slavs are the toughest white people by far at least compared to Western whites

lol @ Racism.
Russians hate them because they remember the countless terror attacks that killed their friends and families.

It has to do with history. It's like the koreans hating the japanese, it's not about racism it's about history (and religion, not race).
They are racist nut jobs mate. Thanks for confirming it and you're one as well POS.

Is racism this casual in Russia?

Yes and no. I have 25% of Caucasian ancestry myself and have a Caucasian last name. Never caused me any trouble. That said, people from Caucasus often live in closely-knit communities and have leverage when, say, you gotta get someone to avoid jail time and walk away scot-free. Things like that unnerve Russians.

First of all: I wasn't talking about how the Caucasus is the AREA with the most crime, I was talking about how chechens / dagestanis are the population who perpetrate the most crime in Russia.
That is not included in this statistic at all and thus it bears no relevance to what I said at all.
Also consider how law enforcement in these parts is actually frowned upon and calling the police almost never happens in Dagestan.

Sorry but I've been multiple times to Moscow and my best friend is from Moscow and the danger from Chechen / Dagestani Mafia and street thugs and drug dealers is a very very real thing, doesn't matter what your cute little statistic (that doesn't apply to what I said) say.
How about you provide Russian statistics on crimes committed by Chechens or Dagestani's instead of giving me your personal anecdotes. The vast majority of the Caucasian immigration is in stavropol and krasnodar and even those have low crime rates. There are less than 50.000 Chechens living in Russian oblasts and same roughly goes with Dagestanis yet we commit such high crime rate in Russian majority oblasts? <45>

lol @ Racism.

If you hate them, why doing everything to keep them under Russian state lmao?

High lvl hypocrisy here, legit start wars to not let them be independent, but hate them and don't want them at the same time.

Russia wanted them, now they deal with it.

Reminds me of corsica and France.

How about you provide Russian statistics on crimes committed by Chechens or Dagestani's instead of giving me your personal anecdotes. The vast majority of the Caucasian immigration is in stavropol and krasnodar and even those have low crime rates. There are less than 50.000 Chechens living in Russian oblasts and same roughly goes with Dagestanis yet we commit such high crime rate in Russian majority oblasts? <45>

I dunno, I'll ask the chechen mafia drug dealer and his 50 hitters next time why the statistics are inaccurate.
Could be a while until I'm in Moscow again tho.

Don't agree, his father clearly looks arab or even turkish. Khabib's looks tend more towards white russian in comparison, making me believe his mother is part russian atleast.
Genetically People of Dagestan are a crazy Mix of slavic turkic mongol caucuses people there was so much war and conquering through out 1000s of years. Some are Dark turkic looking some are very light slavic looking. 300 /500 years ago if a conqueror army rapes the women of a town and she becomes pregnant nobody can tell if the child is a rapist bastard kid or not the kid is accepted as their own and usually if woman was married her husband had been killed or was in battle, besides on avrg 10 children that woman give birth to. So Dagestan has some very light slavic looking people but also turkic iranian looking people if you study history of Dagestan is mind blowing

true, but when say they talk about the Eastern European take over of boxng....they are referring to Slavs

True but Beterbiev beat Kovalev twice in the amateurs and in his last fight made a Ukranian Slav retire for good.

Khabib hates Russia. He once applied for Ukrainian citizenship with the helps of his uncle and that was it. My Russian friends said “He spat on the face of entire division” as a comment about that move. So yeah, he’s visiting Kremlin for Putin but there’s a hate-hate relationship between Russians and Khabib.

Then you also have this:

khabib-rossiya-780x470.jpg

So?

His father told story about Ukraine. During fall of the Soviet Union he and his brother were living and studying in Poltava, that is Ukraine today. Abdulmanap later moved back, his brothers stayed (but both have moved back in recent years, because even Dagestan is better than what Ukraine has become in recent years).

There are plenty of people who like him and there are plenty of people who dislike him.

People who dislike him are either nationalists and liberals (in the Russian sense of those words, those who know they'll know what I mean).

Most athletes or people who follow sports love Khabib, same with official state propaganda supports Khabib.

Most reasonable people admire what a guy from a mountain village has accomplished. I'm ethnic Russian.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you hate them, why doing everything to keep them under Russian state lmao?

High lvl hypocrisy here, legit start wars to not let them be independent, but hate them and don't want them at the same time.

Russia wanted them, now they deal with it.

Reminds me of corsica and France.

I have nothing to do with innerpolitical problems of Russia. I was just telling it like it is. A LOT of russians hate chechens and dagestanis because of history (terror) and religion.
I can't change that, also consider that the administration of Russia doesn't exactly follow what the people want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back