• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How is Khabib viewed in Russia?

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
especially among ethnic Slavic Russians. do they view him as "one of their own" or because he isn't Slavic, they don't like him?

Not that it is proof that he is respected by Slavic Russians, but a friend of mine who is 2nd generation Russian American posted on her Facebook how happy she and her family were that Khabib won.

Imo he definitely looks part slavic/russian, pretty sure he is mixed.
No he doesn't, he looks avar as fuck, that bone structure, skull shape, and hairline is pure Caucasian. Avars being mixed with Russians is incredibly rare.

Some North Caucasians may be able to pass as Russian/Slavic but if you look beyond the light hair/eyes those people's features look clearly Caucasian (like Kadyrov)

“We respect his endeavours.”
DeficientFlakyHerculesbeetle-size_restricted.gif

My sense (and I could be wrong) is that he started with a lot of haters due to his caucus roots, but that now due to his sheer dominance and generally upright character he has won a lot of slavic Russians over. Thats the sense i'm getting. Many of them on social media were lauding him. And then you also have Putin giving him the red carper treatment lol. Everybody loves a winner.

No he doesn't, he looks avar as fuck, that bone structure, skull shape, and hairline is pure Caucasian. Avars being mixed with Russians is incredibly rare.

Some North Caucasians may be able to pass as Russian/Slavic but if you look beyond the light hair/eyes those people's features look clearly Caucasian (like Kadyrov)
Don't agree, his father clearly looks arab or even turkish. Khabib's looks tend more towards white russian in comparison, making me believe his mother is part russian atleast.

Don't agree, his father clearly looks arab or even turkish. Khabib's looks tend more towards white russian in comparison, making me believe his mother is part russian atleast.
You clearly don't know anything about the region. Nobody is part Russian, they were isolated in the mountains for generations and never mixed with Russians. Just because some people look more European, it has nothing to do with Russians.

i remember when fedor was getting ready to fight arlovski, and fedor mentioned something about how arlovski isn't really russian, or how he's something different to what other russians are. i am guessing he's differentiating between ethnic slavs like himself, and the darker haired and skinned russians like arlovski. even among certain oblasts within russia, i'm sure there are huge differences in people and demeanor.

You clearly don't know anything about the region. Nobody is part Russian, they were isolated in the mountains for generations and never mixed with Russians. Just because some people look more European, it has nothing to do with Russians.
Bullshit

We definitely don't see him as one of our own. And he doesn't see himself as such hence his refusal to carry the flag. He is mostly popular with people from Caucasus and immigrants from ex-Soviet Central Asia. Hardcore Russian MMA fans often don't like him for being hypocritical and thuggish. They also tend to consider Gaethje fight fixed.

i remember when fedor was getting ready to fight arlovski, and fedor mentioned something about how arlovski isn't really russian, or how he's something different to what other russians are. i am guessing he's differentiating between ethnic slavs like himself, and the darker haired and skinned russians like arlovski. even among certain oblasts within russia, i'm sure there are huge differences in people and demeanor.
Fedor´s right, Arlovski is not russian he´s from Belarus, not even when it was the USSR you know the wall also collapsed in 1989

There's really no such thing as 'ethnic Russians'. Many ethnicities live in Russia. It's over a hundred in Dagestan alone. Fedor himself is probably of Ukrainian ancestry.

Back