• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

50k to buy a fun car - what do you get?

Buy an older American Muscle car. They always appreciatte and are great fun. The popular ones won't be pristine at 50k, but nice enough (Chevelles, GTOs, Camaros, Chargers, Cudas). But the 2nd tier ones will be immaculate at that price and less-25-50k--Cutlass, Impala, Malibu, Nova, Monte Carlos, Certain Mustangs, Skylarks, Tempest, Coronet, etc. Stick to 1972 and back preferbly 70 and back.

View attachment 1048110
Love the rally wheels, had them on my ‘85 Monte

Ts. You could get a nice Grand National for that kind of cash. It all really depends on what you mean by fun to drive, if you want something responsive and great around a track get a Miata.

We enjoy similar things. My girlfriend and I spent all day yesterday on our atv’s. I do have real estate though so I’m not too worried about that.

I wouldn’t describe myself as frugal but I’ve made my money work for me and now run a contracting business. I’d like to enjoy the fruits of my labour. I’ve been contemplating this for awhile but I was building a new home and just recently bought the shop I was renting for my business. The time is now.

I cant get upset when i see people enjoying expensive cars, but its just sad when thats the first thing they get. I mean, your money, you do what you want with it. But its also why not many get far.

I mean, im Mr. Practical so i dont like to really spend money on stupid shit that heavily depreciates in value or that doesnt bring me true happiness in life. Many will disagree. To each their own.
I paid $49k for my current car and it brings me happiness every time I get in it. But if you aren't a car guy you wouldn't understand.

Love the rally wheels, had them on my ‘85 Monte

Ts. You could get a nice Grand National for that kind of cash. It all really depends on what you mean by fun to drive, if you want something responsive and great around a track get a Miata.
What's crazy is the during the early 2000s you could buy a fairly used GN for like $10k. My friend had two of them. I bought one with 75k miles on it for $9k... Granted it was a little beat up.

Back then you could get a cherry one for $20-22k.

Now that same cherry one is at least double that.

I should have mentioned I do not want a vehicle that can be perceived as a luxury vehicle. There’s some interesting German options but I don’t want the perception that comes with driving one of those vehicles in a blue collar area. A hellcat is pretty under the radar unless you know what to look for.
Don't want a sporty German car because it is luxurious..

Been on waitlist for a Cadillac CT5 Blackwing..
2022-Cadillac-CT5-V-Blackwing-Blaze-orange-metallic-interior-001-Wilde-Lexus-Sarasota-Jet-Black-with-Jet-Black-Accents-1024x768.jpg

skeptical-futurama.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Between the Cadillac and the Hellcat I'd go for the Cadillac without hesitation

Last edited:

2022-Cadillac-CT5-V-Blackwing-Blaze-orange-metallic-interior-001-Wilde-Lexus-Sarasota-Jet-Black-with-Jet-Black-Accents-1024x768.jpg

skeptical-futurama.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Ct5 blackwing is a sexy beast. Some dude in a blue one was trying to race me on the highway the other day lol.

skeptical-futurama.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Most people will just see the Cadillac and look past it. It’s a domestic car and the brand name has little prestige these days. Just another GM product to most. If I could get one, I’d already have had one. I can actually get a hellcat.

will break down, the parts will be stupid expensive, and its value will sink like a turd
Modern BMWs have become pretty reliable. They rank above all American manufacturers and all the bigger German ones as well. Unfortunately all modern cars have become stupid expensive to fix.

My Coworker was debating buying a Supra, then a C8... and settled on a 2021 Lexus RC350 F Sport yesterday.

Blah.

Most people will just see the Cadillac and look past it. It’s a domestic car and the brand name has little prestige these days. Just another GM product to most. If I could get one, I’d already have had one. I can actually get a hellcat.
You better put some respek on that Blackwing name. All 668 Horsepower.

Although good luck finding one anywhere near $50k these days.

Old westfalia or sprinter

anything Vanlife related.

Back