How ironic Cormier's favorite food is Popeye...

it's an eye poking joke. But saying that tons of black people eat at Popeyes isn't racist, it's an observation.

Which makes it all the more fantastic as people haven't thought too much and immediately assumed it was racist. 10/10 trolling, TS.

10/10 indeed.

Half these people still don't get it.

Those that think it was racist are the real racists (or at the very least, assume racism possibly too often).

For the people that still don't get it: PopEYE, as in Jones/eyepoke

/thread (never done it, so I figured this would warrant it... nonetheless, the thread will continue)

I get that you're a racist jerk TS.

Fucking hell, I visit these boards to discuss MMA, not witness ignorant people spitting vitriol.

How is pop"eyes" racist? JJ is known for "poke"eyes.

Go through life looking for racism, and eventually it's all you're going to see.

Yes it is. He likes eating popeye all day long and in 24h he won't like eating eye pokes all day long. Granted, it's not the "Frank Beard example of irony" but still.

Yeah, that isn't irony, that is wordplay. Irony would be like, if his parents died choking on Popeye's chicken, and it is his favorite food. Or if he was asked what his favorite food is, and he sarcastically said Popeye's chicken, when in truth he abhors it.

How is pop"eyes" racist? JJ is known for "poke"eyes.

Go through life looking for racism, and eventually it's all you're going to see.

You know what? That really spoke to me.

Mary Brown's Chicken ftw. Peeps from Canada know whats up...

tumblr_m7udqcipqY1qgeg3ho1_500.gif

I think it's very ironic because when Jones knocks out DC's teeth, DC will be on a spinach diet just like Popeye because hard foods will be out of the question. Good catch TS!

Yeah, that isn't irony, that is wordplay. Irony would be like, if his parents died choking on Popeye's chicken, and it is his favorite food. Or if he was asked what his favorite food is, and he sarcastically said Popeye's chicken, when in truth he abhors it.

Yes, it's irony when he's about to get his eyes popped (which he won't like).

Back