How ironic Cormier's favorite food is Popeye...

I've lived in the south and noticed people in general eating tons of fried chicken.

I mean, as an exchange student, the white-middle class-gun lovers-christians family I lived always went out to eat fried chicken and told me it was a regional thing.

Only years later, internet told me that this was somehow a racist thing. I just can't see the reason.

More blacks live in the south than in the north? And people looking to be offended..

Popeyes > KFC.

I used to love KFC, but their pieces got super tiny and prices went way up. But still love the original flavor.

Popeyes > KFC.

I used to love KFC, but their pieces got super tiny and prices went way up. But still love the original flavor.

I've heard the quality of KFC is regional though. I've had people visit where I live and say it's the only time that they have had good KFC, and that the KFC you get in California isn't even comparable to the KFC in the traditional south.

Similar to how Mexican restaurants in TX are generally better than Mexican restaurants up north.

thatsracist.gif

738.gif

If your first thought was that TS is racist, you're probably a racist :)

I hope one of the boys in blue asks you to clarify your meaning.

one of those so bad, its funny jokes. ('Pop eyes' not what some people think he meant by it)

Him being from Louisiana, he should know though that Raising Cain's is the best fast food fried chicken!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony?s=t

Example 1: 3. incongruity between what is expected to be and what actually is, or a situation or result showing such incongruity.
If Popeye's chicken killed his parents, one would expect DC to dislike Popeye's chicken. For it to be his favorite food, would be ironic.

Example 2: 1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: "the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
Not sure how you aren't connecting the second example to irony. If he sarcastically says Popeye's is his favorite food, when he hates it, he is being ironic.

Jesus christ. How can you still not get it.
Let me try explaining it in a different way:

Cormier's best friend (Popeye) is going to be his worst enemy tomorrow night. That's irony. It fit your first example perfectly. Cormier is expected to like Popeye so when tomorrow night he doesn't, there's a clear incongruity between expectation and reality.

That's not the same as "rain on your wedding day" or other retarded versions of irony.

Admit defeat and carry on.

Last edited:

Cormier's best friend (Popeye) is going to be his worst enemy tomorrow night. That's irony.

You can say it over and over dude, it isn't ever going to be true.

Cormier's best friend (Popeye) is going to be his worst enemy tomorrow night. That's irony.

That's not the same as "rain on your wedding day" or other retarded versions of irony.

Well, no. Popeye chicken, and getting popped in the eye are not the same thing.
It is (at most, and a stretch at that) an amusing coincidence that he likes popeye chicken and that his next opponent enjoys threatening to pop eyes, but it is not irony, it barely resembles irony, and the original joke gets less funny each time you try to insist that it is irony.

Maybe if Jones had a reputation for stabbing people in the eyes with literal fried chicken, you could make an argument for the irony of the situation.

You can say it over and over dude, it isn't ever going to be true.

You wrote:
Example 1: 3. incongruity between what is expected to be and what actually is, or a situation or result showing such incongruity.

I wrote:
Cormier's best friend (Popeye) is going to be his worst enemy tomorrow night. That's irony. It fit your first example perfectly. Cormier is expected to like Popeye so when tomorrow night he doesn't, there's a clear incongruity between expectation and reality.

Game over.

Well, no. Popeye chicken, and getting popped in the eye are not the same thing.
Holy shit. You must be fun at parties. The whole premise for the joke is Popeye and popped eyes being interchangeable. That's the joke. Of course it's not meant to be taken literally.

"Popeye and popped eyes are not the same thing." Fucking lol.

You wrote:

I wrote:

Game over.

No it doesn't, but you are clearly too dense to grasp why.

You are using wordplay interchanging chicken and eye-pokes. Him saying him likes chicken doesn't fucking change simply because you punned it out for eyepokes.

No it doesn't, but you are clearly too dense to grasp why.

You are using wordplay interchanging chicken and eye-pokes. Him saying him likes chicken doesn't fucking change simply because you punned it out for eyepokes.

Like I said above, the premise for the joke is Popeye and popped eyes being interchangeable concepts. You're operating on a much too concrete plane of thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back