How Important Are "Likes" To You???

I can't even remember a Suredawg without likes.

This is who we are now and it must not be questioned.

They’re somewhat important in that they remind me which threads I posted in and also take me right to that post so I can continue reading the thread where I left off. Other than that, I don’t give a shit.

I think it kills conversation sometimes.. easier to like than say something..

When forums in general started taking negs away then the whole like / dislike thing lost some effect. Trolling and finding yourself with 10 red bars was always fun.

That being said, in my early days of Sherdog I did appreciate likes, but nowadays it's not a huge deal.

Most of my likes were generated in the Picture and Multimedia forum, where posts aren't even counted. Consequently I consider them all ironic.

tenor.gif
P&M Likes are the Zimbabwe Dollars of Sherdog Likes IMO

I think it kills conversation sometimes.. easier to like than say something..

I wanted to like your post, but it would prove your point even more. "Likes" lower the quality of discussions sometimes. Fortunately for us, Sherdog is full of top quality threads despite it. I feel almost rude sometimes for not replying with something more than a "like". But it is what it is.

Meaningless without "dislikes"

Don’t know. Dislike’s would just make Sherbros even lazier than they already are.

Also the like system is skewed. There’s a good number of folks like me that were here before the like system was even created. So their like’s might not ever reach their post count.

As said in a previous post. If people aren’t mentioning you by name. You are more than likely a shit poster. And shit posters comprise 98% of Sherdog.
l@nd0

I always wondered, what happens when I like, unlike, like unlike, like etc?
do you get three like notifications?
@jgarner I'm testing this on you now, how many you get from me?

how long before I break Sherdog?

ever like something, but then there is a lag, so you hit like again but just as you do it it's changed to unlike, and then you have to think about whether you like it again or will it look silly?
like you're trying to hard, obsessive? maybe it just wasn't meant to be?

I always wondered, what happens when I like, unlike, like unlike, like etc?
do you get three like notifications?
@jgarner I'm testing this on you now, how many you get from me?

how long before I break Sherdog?

ever like something, but then there is a lag, so you hit like again but just as you do it it's changed to unlike, and then you have to think about whether you like it again or will it look silly?
like you're trying to hard, obsessive? maybe it just wasn't meant to be?

I got one notification that I was liked.

I would show you, but it appears you have plenty of likes already. You don't need any more ego boosting.

I got one notification that I was liked.

I would show you, but it appears you have plenty of likes already. You don't need any more ego boosting.
that's really mean, I'm not liking that shit

I wanted to like your post, but it would prove your point even more. "Likes" lower the quality of discussions sometimes. Fortunately for us, Sherdog is full of top quality threads despite it. I feel almost rude sometimes for not replying with something more than a "like". But it is what it is.

pretty much that..

sometimes i find something slightly amusing and sometimes someone has me spitting coffee.. both result in a like but had very different effects..

I'm trying to get it 69,000 then I'll kill myself because I've wasted a lot of time here.
I don't see you attaining such a goal anywhere in the near future. You've been Liked 29K times, but you've created 75K posts...think about that for a sec.

I don't care, I don't even have the notifications turned on. Most of the time I'm on mobile so I don't even see them.

I have those 14k posts since Diaz 1, 2, 5 and Condit 1, 3, 4. I don't know if my ratio is bad or good.

Back