how I know Conor/Dustin will be for the title

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So I made this thread:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/justin-dustin-vs-tony-conor-rightful-lw-title-holder.4142644/

Where I tried to take the position that a LW 4-man tournament (with Dustin/Justin/Conor/Tony) was the best option to instill legitimacy, long-term PPV buys, etc for marketing the LW belt as being “undisputed” in a post-Khabib world.

Then I went into this thread:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...t-with-dustin-poirier-will-be-at-155.4144002/
I went into that thread SPECIFICALLY to see if kflo (the most obvious PR poster on Sherdog for those who don't know) made a comment there. Like clockwork, if any topic comes up regarding the legitimacy of USADA and a contentious UFC decision, kflo will always be on the first page putting forth UFC’s chosen PR narrative.

Sure enough, he was there, on the first page saying you’d be crazy to think Conor doesn't deserve a title shot for having a single win at LW 4 years ago. So it is pretty much confirmed… UFC will make Conor/Dustin for a title shot (or at least test the waters to gauge public perception to the idea). The PR campaign has unofficially begun.

Sherdog detective work does it again.

It won't happen. Nothing changes in the next 2 months. Conrat doesn't fight for belts. He fights for money.
A belt doesn't benefit him or the UFC. Taking a belt from someone is better pr.

Why do you think Dana is begging Khabib not to retire. Conrat is unreliable once he takes the belt.

It won't happen. Nothing changes in the next 2 months. Conrat doesn't fight for belts. He fights for money.
A belt doesn't benefit him or the UFC. Taking a belt from someone is better pr.
Belts are money. His entire schtick was based on having 2 belts.

You can bet on it happening now. They wouldn't be invested in the PR for it if they didn't want to pursue it as an option.
Conors last fight was a fake one at 170 lol
Doesn't matter to the UFC obviously.

Obviously it will be for the belt now that it's vacant and Dustin is the most deserving now that Khabib is gone..
I would argue it isn't obvious.

In fact, I would argue it is obvious they should do a small, manageable 4-man tournament to legitimize the belt in the most paid-attention to weight class. Because right now it'd be the "consolation prize for who is better between two guys Khabib choked out" belt. I would have said as much if I worked for the UFC... but I don't. It is a little short-sighted IMO, but WME seems to be more about making the quick buck rather than the longer-term investment.

Belts are money. His entire schtick was based on having 2 belts.

You can bet on it happening now. They wouldn't be invested in the PR for it if they didn't want to pursue it as an option.

Doesn't matter to the UFC obviously.

There is no story if he wins a belt against an opponent he already beat. The money is created by a story and a narrative.
All his belts are build up on stories. 'the man that does the impossible'.

In this fight there is no story. It's a belt of someone else who vacated against an opponent he already beat.
If he wins nobody would be shocked or feel like he has done something remarkable. Once he has the belt everyone expects him to defend and win which he won't do.

Belts mean nothing without a narrative.

In before restraining order.
I don't think corporations can get restraining orders on individuals (especially not for posting in a forum). If McDonalds could get a restraining order on you so you couldn't be within X feet of any store then you wouldn't be able to drive to work.

But you were joking, I know.
There is no story if he wins a belt against an opponent he already beat. The money is created by a story and a narrative.
All his belts are build up on stories. 'the man that does the impossible'.

In this fight there is no story. It's a belt of someone else who vacated against an opponent he already beat.
If he wins nobody would be shocked or feel like he has done something remarkable. Once he has the belt everyone expects him to defend and win which he won't do.

Belts mean nothing without a narrative.
I hear you. I would argue something similar if I worked for the UFC, like I said. But apparently they may try. I really think it is short-sightedness on the part of WME... seems like they are frantically yelling "pay off that debt now! If we can bump Conor's PPV buys by 0.2 million by putting a belt on the line, then do it, long-term validity of belt and future PPVs be damned."

I don't think corporations can get restraining orders on individuals (especially not for posting in a forum). If McDonalds could get a restraining order on you so you couldn't be within X feet of any store then you wouldn't be able to drive to work.

But you were joking, I know.

I hear you. I would argue something similar if I worked for the UFC, like I said. But apparently they may try. I really think it is short-sightedness on the part of WME... seems like they are frantically yelling "pay off that debt now! If we can bump Conor's PPV buys by 0.2 million by putting a belt on the line, then do it, long-term validity of belt and future PPVs be damned."

Wrong. They've astutely identified how stupid American fans are. They buy this today. They will buy even less legitimate titles tomorrow. Dont think of it as devaluing the titles, think of it as investing in stupid fans.

Americans watch baby yoga until its time for them to vote for baby trump. You really think they are smart enough to follow this? UFC knows they have dumb fans in America. I'm not joking. You see for yourself if life gets more sophisticated here.

"kflo wan never my friend" - Kenny Florian

Wrong. They've astutely identified how stupid American fans are. They buy this today. They will buy even less legitimate titles tomorrow. Dont think of it as devaluing the titles, think of it as investing in stupid fans.

Americans watch baby yoga until its time for them to vote for baby trump. You really think they are smart enough to follow this? UFC knows they have dumb fans in America. I'm not joking. You see for yourself if life gets more sophisticated here.
I'm confused. You say I'm wrong and then argue why I'm right?

I said they will make it a title fight despite it making the belt less legitimate.

I'm confused. You say I'm wrong and then argue why I'm right?

I said they will make it a title fight despite it making the belt less legitimate.

I'm saying dont be confused. They have asked themselves your question. They didn't forget to notice how they are devaluing things. They have chosen that route. They have not overlooked this, they choose it. They are making a cheaper, lower grade product for a cheaper, lower grade audience. Expect this everywhere you look these days. Dont be surprised when the dumb shit wins everytime. It's what sells buddy.

This will be Conor's 4th fight at 170, he only has 2 fights at 155. That should be called out.

But I don't really care. Because Dustin and Conor started out at 145 I give them a pass.

It's not "oh god pay the debt now!" It's "holy shit they're so stupid why go through to work? They're eating up the dumb easy shit. Call Conor a champ itll sell."

If you care about rankings and shit youre not the target audience anymore.

@kflo at least have the balls to tag him TS. Kflo, Kenny Florian? UFC shill. You might be on to something TS.
I didn't know how to do that, but sure, thanks.

I'm not exaggerating. The guy single-handedly defended USADA when the Jones fiasco crumbled all confidence in them... on the first page of each of the 100 threads on the topic. Likewise, he has defended every UFC move (always on the first page, as I assume they determined that is where the juice is worth the squeeze) and has NEVER posted as a fan. Never posted as a fan meaning... not one post about dumb shit we talk about... who your favorite fighter is, who is GOAT, who would win between fighter A and fighter B, what the strategy should be in fight XYZ... none of that at all. If it isn't about UFC public relations (fighter pay, validity of title shot, validity of testing) he will not post in that thread. If it is, he will guaranteed post 30 times arguing the corporate position. Guaranteed.

Honestly the embarrassing part about it is that they don't vary the screen names more. It IS useful though, for times exactly like this. In order to get a glimpse of what corporate is planning you just need to check if kflo makes a post on the topic, like I did here.

Last edited:
They can have a tournament with everyone khabib destroyed so we can have a new champ...who is the second best LW in the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back