How Has Your View Of 125 Changed?

I don’t see how anyone as a fight fan can dislike the lower weight classes such as 125. Due to their size and weight they are able to keep a pace that’s just on another level. Sometimes it’s almost as if you are watching a completely different sport when these guys go at it.

I always liked it. When the UFC started cutting a bunch of flyweights I was cool with the division being folded though. It’s weird how they had a change of heart. They made the right decision however; the division has been very fun as of late.

People like what they like. I just don't want to see super small guys fight. 135lb should be the lowest
weight class if it was up to me.
If you guys like all levels represented why not add 115lb and 105lb classes for men.

I also can't stand the super sloppy HW fighters either but that's another story.

125 should be for wmma only, watching guys as small as that doesnt appeal to me personally

Personalities also make a difference. People tune it not just to see hard, competitive fight, but also to live the drama of one man winning and another one losing. When the personalities are interesting, that drama is heightened. I know that a few virtue-signaling dorks will bemoan this fact but it's human nature; a guy like Moreno will get people more invested than the Leon Edwards, Cory Sandhagens on the roster.

I couldn’t help but draw parallels to 205 where I’ve found that for my own personal taste, the lack of Jon Jones in the division has actually made it quite interesting again.
yes.

fights need to be compelling for most fans, either though drama and/or parity.

Johnson brought neither drama nor parity. so it was totally uncompelling to most fans.

205 became uncompelling until Jones had some squeakers, then left.

and WW became more interesting to most fans after GSP left, even though everyone knew Lawler wasn't as good.

Last edited:
I’m loving Moreno. Kid is looking great and is super appreciative. I’ll take that over some diva any day of the week.

No, I've always liked the division.

If the UFC had put in the effort to maintain the talent and hadn't gotten rid of some of the best fighters in the world (MM and Gooch), it would be pretty deep right now.

Henry and Devison showed that guys in that devision can be exciting and get finishes. Not saying Mighty Mouse wasn’t exciting, I used to enjoy his fights, but casuals don’t wanna see someone who is too calculated. They want someone to take risks.

They've always been entertaining 125 fights. The UFC has always buried the majority of the contenders on the early prelims where nobody would pay attention to them.

125 division is all action. Not that we can't make fun of them.
Valentina is pretty hot.
Keep both divisions.

Years ago, 125 was so uninspiring that it was getting “smoke break” treatment. Sure, hard cores could appreciate the talent and technique of a “one every 5-10 years” type of guy like DJ. However, it was most certainly stale. Did you ever really think DJ would lose? Or were you just rooting for something more interesting then domination to take place?

Has your opinion of 125 changed? Better or worse?

I couldn’t help but draw parallels to 205 where I’ve found that for my own personal taste, the lack of Jon Jones in the division has actually made it quite interesting again. I think it’s fun to see odd ball guys like Jan Blachowicz get a shot and become “the guy” for a bit. I think it’s fun to see the title change hands a few times before things settle down. Personally, I think volatile divisions create better match up opportunities and keep the sport fresh.

What about you?

We should ask Lucifer Alpha

Deflection doesn't make you any less wrong.
Typically an opinion can’t be considered wrong. I think most people here are more interested in the discussion as opposed to trying to prove whos “right” or “wrong”.

I want to see the best fighters fight the best fighters possible.

I don't care if the best fighter stays on top for 10 years. In fact, the longer the fighter is on top, the more interest there is (i.e. will he lose? will his streak continue?).

For me, volatile divisions mean that there isn't a fighter good enough to rule them all.

Having said that, I'll watch MMA anyway. Volatile division or not !

125 been amazing after DJ left.

Would love to see Moreno , DJ ,triple C, &Davidson all in the division at the same time .

While I’m wishing for things that are never going to happen prime Kid Yamamoto (rip)

Back