How good was Dan Henderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider him the GOAT pre Jones.

Didn’t appreciate him back in his time but definitely he’s legendary.

Underrated.

He was an old MW for years with one hand. Very few others have an equivalent resume

Hendo was awesome at what he did, always looking to finish with the H bomb.

One of the openweight legends, along with Saku and BJ (among others).

He arguably beat Bisping in 2016 and would've retired as champ at like 46 or something lol.

p4p legend in the sport.

Middleweight who made his career fighting LHWs and HWs... and beating them! He has wins over Nog and Fedor at HW ffs.

Two Pride belts at one time. The only thing missing from his resume is that UFC MW championship. He had the misfortune of fighting peak Anderson Silva and then Bisping when he was mid 40s, so it was a hard ask.

Hendo is the OG champ champ

Peaked in his fight with rampage. Used to be known as decision Dan back in the day but he was always highly respected.

His 2nd half of his career was just him just trying to catch people with his h bomb.Looked terrible in his fight with DC and bisping 2. Kinda glad he never fought prime Jon Jones.

Later in his career I know he had knee injuries and people speculated neck and back problems too that's why he opted to wrestle for throwing down

You gotta remember he was already pretty worn out by the time he joined the UFC and in his strike force/return to the UFC phase Henderson was old

Good wrestler, iron chin, decent cardio and power in his hands, he would have given a lot of people problems in any era in his prime

I really wish Bisping got to finish him.

Glad Vitor brutally KO him 2x and that Gegard Tko him.

Like on one hand I know everyone just about is using PEDs in some form BUT NOT everyone is using anabolic roids. Hendo by all means was and Bisping is right if your body cant keep up and you need TRT to compete then you shouldnt compete it isnt natural

Would Hendo without juice have beat Shogun or Lombard ? I think not

Dan Henderson was very small light heavyweight and somehow he ko:d Wanderlei and tko:d Fedor.

Also has noteable wins over Bisping, Vitor, Shogun, Nakamura, Kondo.

It's to bad he lost against Misaki in a rematch back in 2006 because I am pretty sure he would have finished Paolo Filho or Dennis Kang.

At the ago of 46 he fought his last fight in a title fight in Ufc.. One of the most humble fighter in Ufc history, not so much a thrashtalker, could deliver great ko for being a wrestler. He did not got that legacy like Randy Couture.

So., how good was he?

A legend, 1 dimessional, used to be known as decision dan. Once he got on the Roids and TRT he got better in his 2nd half of career I guess.

Dan Henderson was very small light heavyweight and somehow he ko:d Wanderlei and tko:d Fedor.

It's to bad he lost against Misaki in a rematch back in 2006 because I am pretty sure he would have finished Paolo Filho or Dennis Kang.

At the ago of 46 he fought his last fight in a title fight in Ufc.. One of the most humble fighter in Ufc history, not so much a thrashtalker, could deliver great ko for being a wrestler. He did not got that legacy like Randy Couture.

So., how good was he?
To me his legacy is greater than Couture's.

Randy got gifted more title fights than anyone, and he's lost most of them, but if you're fighting for a title that many times you're bound to win a bunch of them if you're any good.

Randy was pretty good, Hendo was better.

I always liked him. Thought it was kinda shitty how he and Bisping squashed their beef, Bisping praises him in his book, and then he started attacking him on Twitter over commentary. Didn’t seem like Dan Henderson like behavior

I think guys like Randy and Hendo give off that vibe of blue collar integrity that makes people assume they’re stand up guys outside the octagon, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they are. (Not saying they’re not either, I don’t know).

So., how good was he?
Legend, period.

If anyone says otherwise, they are delusional. Sure, he may not be on Couture's level BUT had he won a UFC title, he would be on the Mt. Rushmore of MMA.

Henderson is one of the toughest individuals to ever step foot inside the Octagon. He had a tough chin, a hard right hand and he was willing to throw down with anyone. Anyone who wishes to discredit him with his usage of TRT is probably a hater (or a Bisping fan). Even after TRT was banned, he ko'd Hector Lombard and he made Bisping's face look like Hamburger Hill with only two punches.

TI8wKZmNkVADGmuViSm23rDiz4AErcQ7uS_Csfx29W0.jpg

Not only that, he knocked out Bisping at a time when he was among the biggest loudmouthes in the UFC. Even now, over ten years later it is still satisfying to see Hendo blast Bisping in a post mortem state.

The only real downside I can think in his game was a lack of a gas tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back