How good was Dan Henderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yrat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dan Henderson was very small light heavyweight and somehow he ko:d Wanderlei and tko:d Fedor.

Also has noteable wins over Bisping, Vitor, Shogun, Nakamura, Kondo.

It's to bad he lost against Misaki in a rematch back in 2006 because I am pretty sure he would have finished Paolo Filho or Dennis Kang.

At the ago of 46 he fought his last fight in a title fight in Ufc.. One of the most humble fighter in Ufc history, not so much a thrashtalker, could deliver great ko for being a wrestler. He did not got that legacy like Randy Couture.

So., how good was he?

Peaked in his fight with rampage. Used to be known as decision Dan back in the day but he was always highly respected.

His 2nd half of his career was just him just trying to catch people with his h bomb.Looked terrible in his fight with DC and bisping 2. Kinda glad he never fought prime Jon Jones.

Later in his career I know he had knee injuries and people speculated neck and back problems too that's why he opted to wrestle for throwing down

You gotta remember he was already pretty worn out by the time he joined the UFC and in his strike force/return to the UFC phase Henderson was old

Good wrestler, iron chin, decent cardio and power in his hands, he would have given a lot of people problems in any era in his prime

Last edited:
images

Dan Henderson was very small light heavyweight and somehow he ko:d Wanderlei and tko:d Fedor.

It's to bad he lost against Misaki in a rematch back in 2006 because I am pretty sure he would have finished Paolo Filho or Dennis Kang.

At the ago of 46 he fought his last fight in a title fight in Ufc.. One of the most humble fighter in Ufc history, not so much a thrashtalker, could deliver great ko for being a wrestler. He did not got that legacy like Randy Couture.

So., how good was he?

He definitely isn't one of the most humble fighters in UFC history, that Fedor win was a clear KO, and his legacy is greater than Couture's.

Not that good. His career magically took off first fight on TRT. Then he got KTFO when TRT got banned. Same with Chael and Vitor. So real question here is: how good was TRT when abused?

So., how good was he?
Really impressive that dan competed at the highest level well into his 40's. Most men start to decline a noticeable amount around at 34 or 35 and continue to do so until 40 where then there is a drastic drop off. So we really never got to see Dan in the UFC while in his true prime. I honestly have not watched too many of his pride fights but his record then speaks for itself.

Hendo doesn't get nearly enough respect. 20 year career and fought literally everybody. Did it all with no scandals, no drama, no ducking, and no bullshit. Best KO of all time (Bisping) and Best FIGHT of all time (Shogun). I'm actually getting angry now the more I'm thinking about how much we don't talk about just how good he was. Legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back