How Exactly did Cain get a Title Shot Rematch After One Win?

I still think Cain has a better chance at beating JDS over Bigfoot, Werdum, Overeem and everybody else in the division.

So why not have the best fight?

Well in my OPINION, koscheck has the best chance of beating gsp. Lets have that fight again. And again. And again. I mean its the best fighting the best. Convoluted logic...

Over Antonio Silva? Werdum should have gotten a shot before him

Dana White was like......

"Man there is some 15 year old kid named SSC280 who I wanna make rage on the Inter-Net..... I know, I'll give the #2 HW in the world the title shot, and make him cry like a baby to 90% of the other babies on the internet!!! "

The first fight between them two looked like a fluke that's why.

Dana White was like......

"Man there is some 15 year old kid named SSC280 who I wanna make rage on the Inter-Net..... I know, I'll give the #2 HW in the world the title shot, and make him cry like a baby to 90% of the other babies on the internet!!! "

Yes, I'm 15, I joined Sherdog when I was 9

This fight makes a lot of sense, since there is hardly a candidate that can present more challenge to JDS than Cain. It is that simple. People saying Werdum, are you serious?

The first fight between them two looked like a fluke that's why.

Exactly. A guy with 5 first round tkos knocking out someone in the first looked like a fluke to me as well.

Mexicans are the main boxing fans, they support their boxers and buy a lot of PPV, Dana knows that better that all the stupids that said mexicans doesnt have shoes or cant afford PPV

seems to happen alot.
Champion loses, wins next fight, instant title shot.

I think you misunderstood. I am not saying no Hispanic has a large fan base.

I loved Delahoya by the way and Julio Cesar Chavez was my favorite boxer.

It just wasn't because they were Mexican or Mexican American.

I was referring to the fact why Dana and the UFC target the hispanic/mexican fanbase. They want their Oscar De La Hoya.

Cain wasn't a bad choice. Werdum would be about an even choice, and the only other choice was too pumped full of horse meat.

This is how:

cain-velasquez.gif

cain-velasquez-bigfoot.gif

tumblr_m4phf78TNA1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

And he did not get busted for steroids!!!

I understand Nivk getting a shot. I can't make a case for Cain. Cutting big foot with an elbow doesn't get u a title shot against the guy who knocled u the fuck out in ur previous fight. Werdum had more of a claim to the title shot. Even Hunt had a better claim to it imo

I think the whole injury brouhaha and the Overeem injury kinda coaxed it.

The first fight had a lot of questions. Cain's knee was injured. So was JDS, but I think a knee injury is worse for a wrestler than a striker. Cain also had a long layoff and shoulder surgery.

I feel that some fights end to quickly to decide who is the better fighter. Some might call me crazy but that's how I feel. And Cain vs JDS was pretty much like that.

Velasquez knows this is his last shot at the title. If he loses twice to the champ he's going back down the list. But the sad part is he's better than a lot of HW but it might be possible he may never be better than JDS. But we'll see if he can prove me wrong.

He lost so fast to JDS. The faster you lose the faster you get a rematch.

Is this a rhetorical question? This has been done over & over lately. Cain is the bigger draw.

Back