How Exactly did Cain get a Title Shot Rematch After One Win?

if cain loses again to jds, would he goto 205?

personally I think Cain should've fought Overeem first and whoever won that got the title shot. Cain has been on the rampage and extremely pissed ever since he lost the belt. I don't think he's gonna keep it standing this time.

It a very desperate and obvious push by the UFC to get Mexicans into MMA.

The rematch is dumb and way too soon.

I do not see how this can be true, other than Cain has better English. Yet, Dos Santos is great considering he is Brazilian, he the most fluent of them thus far.

Why would UFC be upset over JDS, if Brazil is a much bigger market than Mexico? I think Dana was upset over 64 second knockout in the first fight on FOX that had been heavily promoted for months.

Not only the Mexico market, but there is a huge spanish demographic in the U.S. As mexicans have a proud history and following of boxing, the UFC would love to convert these fight fans to the UFC and MMA. For some reason, Cain is the guy with huge appeal for this demographic.

A mix between a shallow division, profile of the fight, and Reem testing positive are all why Cain is getting a rematch. That and he's #2 or #3 best HW in the world.

Are you kidding me? With all the people getting title shots coming off losses, you're complaining about a guy who's actually on a winning streak?

I didn't realize one win is considered a winning streak??

A mix of a shallow division, and Cains mexican marketing potential. Werdum would have been a good choice.

two words "brown pride ". this is the second time Cain has been unfairly pushed forward. the same against lesner over jds. it sucks the ufc is a runs their business like carpet baggers but they do have some awesome entertainment. including Cain.

To be fair , Cain was a favourite against JDS and if they fought 10 times most ppl agree that it'd be split down the middle. If Cain gets a hold of JDS the idea is that hell decision him or TKO him but if it's standing JDS will knock him out. Cain is the former champ and defeated a fast rising top ten prospect (Bigfoot) in brutal fashion. If JDS wins again then Cain will or should sink much further away from receiving a shot (a la rich Franklin vs A Silva). I have absolutely no problem
With the rematch especially in a day where coming off losses and NOT being a #1 contender is enough for a shot ( Nick Diaz, Chael Sonnen, etc)

Cause Cain is the #2 HW in the world? go away trolls your favorite horse meat eating fighter will get the next shot around may most likely if he don't choke.

Werdum? lol for beating some chubby dudes? Don't get me wrong I like Werdum a lot but but beating Nelson and hammer fist of doom doesn't mean you are gonna have anything for Reem or JDS this time around where Cain lost in a fight he likely should have pulled out of but toughed it out for the UFC.

Cain also didn't just beat Big Foot or catch him he clowned him and made him look like a fool.

That one doesn't work because Werdum beat Fedor before he did.

But then he put in that perfomance against Overeem, you don't want a guy who flops on the floor as soon as he gets brushed, begging his opponent to jump into his guard, then there was Werdum not accepting the pay cut and jumping ship to Strikeforce.

How did Diaz get a title shot after a loss and suspension?

Over Antonio Silva? Werdum should have gotten a shot before him

It IS perplexing, usually the UFC rewards fighters with title shots after losses not wins.

dos-santos-win.jpg

I don't blame him for saying he was, though. You have to talk and BS in this sport or it will hurt your career.

He also was on crutches days before the fight and got surgery afterwards because he wasn't actually injured.

having been a former UFC champion and not having been, big difference

I'm not a doctor but I believe that there are knee injuries that don't affect your ability to bend your knees.

let's get real. Cain was more injured and coming off a long layoff. People trying to outweigh that by saying JDS was injured are full of crap. We'll get a better feel after the fight.

Marketability. Lack of depth at Heavyweight.

Hell at least he HAS a win recently. Diaz is coming off a loss from almost a year ago and Sonnen's record at LHW isn't just mundane, it straight sucks.

Back