How Exactly did Cain get a Title Shot Rematch After One Win?

ssc280

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Over Antonio Silva? Werdum should have gotten a shot before him

in all fairness they both got KO'd by JDS

just looking forward to the Reem fight

A mix of a shallow division, and Cains mexican marketing potential. Werdum would have been a good choice.

Because Werdum's flop fest against Overeem was embarassing and he would probably do the same thing to JDS

i) Dana is desperate to get a Mexican champion.

ii) Dana knows Cain took one for the team fighting injured on the Fox card; cancelling would have looked horrible.

Cain is a former champion, and the UFC obviously thinks he is a bigger draw.
Everybody should understand by now title shots are about timing and marketability, so arguing who deserves it most is pointless

i) Dana is desperate to get a Mexican champion.

ii) Dana knows Cain took one for the team fighting injured on the Fox card; cancelling would have looked horrible.

AFAIK they both were injured, though.

Antonio Silva beat Fedor. Cain beat the fuck out of a guy who beat Fedor, instant special treatment.

former champ gets a shot after a win?knock me over with a feather

AFAIK they both were injured, though.

dos-santos-win.jpg

I don't blame him for saying he was, though. You have to talk and BS in this sport or it will hurt your career.

Antonio Silva beat Fedor. Cain beat the fuck out of a guy who beat Fedor, instant special treatment.

That one doesn't work because Werdum beat Fedor before he did.

I think the UFC would prefer Cain to be the champ. I couldn't get over how pissy and butthurt Dana was in postfight-interviews after JDS knocked out Cain. Dana didn't even attempt to hide his disappointment that JDS won.

dos-santos-win.jpg

I don't blame him for saying he was, though. You have to talk and BS in this sport or it will hurt your career.

I'm not a doctor but I believe that there are knee injuries that don't affect your ability to bend your knees.

How did nick Diaz get a title shot after no wins

Back