How does March Madness get more attention than the UFC? College students get more fame?!?!?!

We’re talking about amateur basketball players who arn’t even the best in the world. Most of them won’t even make the NBA yet the get treated like superstars in the media. Why doesn’t the UFC - where the BEST OF THE BEST compete - get more attention and fame than a bunch of college students? Heck even I know more about March Madness than what is going on in the UFC this month.

cause cbs has paid 20 billion to put it on 4 tv networks.

so many of the schools in the ncaa are worth more than the ufc.

there also this little thing called gambleing.

Are you American American, or Armenian American or Guatemalan American or Nigerian American or some shit? Bc literally the majority of the country stops what it's doing in March and watches March Madness. Junior highs and high schools bring in TVs and people call in sick from work to watch. People who normally don't watch basketball watch March Madness. Legitimately the second biggest sporting event of the year to the Super Bowl, and has been for decades.

I'm American American. Never had my school bring in TVs to watch it, would have been cooler if they did.

There are aspects of this list that could be a bit misleading. While I don't doubt the veracity of this list, 2016 was a unique year that may have produced skewed results.
Hm. Times have changed, I guess. Really?
The numbers used for this ranking, with the exception of the Olympics, relied solely on the final game for multi game events (NCAA basketball tournament final, game 7 of the world series, etc). 2016 was the year the Cubs were down 3-1 in the World Series, but came back to win their first World Series in 108 years. The 2016 NBA finals was a rematch between the Cavs and Warriors, with the Cavs down 3-1 Lebron willed Cleveland to a championship. Both series' were two weeks of high level play, great individual performances, and compelling drama that came down to a one game winner take all showdown. I'd guess the game 7 ratings were pretty inflated in comparison to the actual event average, but i do not know.

There are aspects of this list that could be a bit misleading. While I don't doubt the veracity of this list, 2016 was a unique year that may have produced skewed results.

The numbers used for this ranking, with the exception of the Olympics, relied solely on the final game for multi game events (NCAA basketball tournament final, game 7 of the world series, etc). 2016 was the year the Cubs were down 3-1 in the World Series, but came back to win their first World Series in 108 years. The 2016 NBA finals was a rematch between the Cavs and Warriors, with the Cavs down 3-1 Lebron willed Cleveland to a championship. Both series' were two weeks of high level play, great individual performances, and compelling drama that came down to a one game winner take all showdown. I'd guess the game 7 ratings were pretty inflated in comparison to the actual event average, but i do not know.
Makes sense. I'd guess that neither series gets high ratings on a consistent basis. Safe to say that people tune in every March, no matter what.

This is 2018's list, not 2016.

well It’s not violent so more of the population will watch it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back