How does Jacare deserve a shot over Adesanya?

Jacare should fight the winner of Israel and Whittaker and be contractually promised show money to stay ready as a replacement for either guy (aka Whittaker) to fight for the undisputed title.

Styles and matchups, Gastelum is a better win then Chris who was 1-4.
Disagree. Gastelum only arguably beat Jacare of all the guys Weidman lost to who would all arguably beat Gastelum. Weidman soundly beat Gastelum.

He is 2-2 over these past two years including a loss to Gastelum who Adesanya just beat. Also Izzy is 6-0 in the UFC in a little over a year, 3 of which were top 10 opponents.

Who honestly deserve title shot over Izzy at this point on paper?
4 were top 10. Tavares was #8 when Israel beat him.

No one is saying Jacare deserves it before Israel, they're saying he could be next after him. Obviously Israel deserves the fight now, it's just that he didn't really deserve the interim shot in the first place. But props to him, he got it and blew it out of the water so, he's clearly next

Feed this Adesanya overrated to Weidman. The All-American will EASILY derail the hype train and I can't wait. Jacaré would kill Adesanya, Weidman is just fine.

Jacare should fight the winner of Israel and Whittaker and be contractually promised show money to stay ready as a replacement for either guy (aka Whittaker) to fight for the undisputed title.
I've always believed that if you want a fighter to be ready as a replacement you have to pay them for their time and energy.

People were saying Jacare deserved the interim shot more than Israel but I haven't heard anyone say that since Israel won the interim belt.
Since Jacare's been promised the title shot I suppose he plans on sitting out and preparing for the winner of Whittaker vs Israel so if he wins we probably won't see him until the end of the year or early 2020.

Who is better? Gastelum?
Uuuhhh yeah. I can definitely make an easy case.
Prior to his fight with Israel, Gastelum had only loss one out of his previous 6 fights. Albiet that one loss was to Chris. He still knocked down or knocked his opponent in all those fights including Chris Weidman. But props to Chris for out classing him that night. But KG aslo holds a win over Jacare.

Now let's take a look at Weidman heading into his fight with Jacare. The main was brutally stopped in 3 of his previous 4 fights.

Weidman is still somewhat of a name. But the fact of the matter is that he's cold product with no momentum whatsoever. His win over KG is the only thing keeping him a little relevant, and that's only because of Gastelum's success.

Like he's put so many of his opponents to sleep, such as Anderson, Gastelum, right?
Anderson is very hard to put down and that was basically a sparring match. Nobody has ever put Gastelum to sleep and Adesanya came way closer than anybody, dropping him 4x and rocking him at least a dozen times. Adesanya should have gotten the tko in rd 5. Whittaker has been dropped several times and got finished by Wonderboy. It's very possible Adesanya puts him away, I'm still picking Whittaker though.

He WON the gastelum fight. It was a close split decision, but most people scored the fight for jacare you silly noob TS

I'm not saying he will put Whittaker to sleep, but he has finished 13 of 17 opponents via TKO/KO.
Should be 14 tbh, Gastelum is lucky the ref didn't stop it in rd 5. I'm picking Whittaker but Adesanya can certainly finish him.

Anderson Silva is a completely meaningless win in 2019.

Other then that, Kelvin is the big marquee win Izzy has so far, and it was a very competitive 5 round decision.

He doesn't have any imperative for the title shot, but he'll get one after Jacare or if someone else gets injured.

Should be 14 tbh, Gastelum is lucky the ref didn't stop it in rd 5. I'm picking Whittaker but Adesanya can certainly finish him.

Shoulda coulda. Doesn't work that way.

Israel has had 6 UFC fights, and so far he's turned in 4 decisions. He does not have a high finishing rate, and I literally never heard of Rob Wilkinson and his illustrious 0-2 UFC record.

Brunson is a fine win, and he's been knocked out 5 times. Its kind of his signature way of losing. Jacare shut his lights off without breaking a sweat.

Uuuhhh yeah. I can definitely make an easy case.
Prior to his fight with Israel, Gastelum had only loss one out of his previous 6 fights. Albiet that one loss was to Chris. He still knocked down or knocked his opponent in all those fights including Chris Weidman. But props to Chris for out classing him that night. But KG aslo holds a win over Jacare.

Now let's take a look at Weidman heading into his fight with Jacare. The main was brutally stopped in 3 of his previous 4 fights.

Weidman is still somewhat of a name. But the fact of the matter is that he's cold product with no momentum whatsoever. His win over KG is the only thing keeping him a little relevant, and that's only because of Gastelum's success.
......it would mean something if Gastelum also had a win over Romero or Luke. The Moose loss is bullshit anyway. Ref ruined the whole fight.

That said, all those guys are ranked above Gastelum so I don't see how he is ahead of Chris. Weidman has only fought the best MWs since winning the belt. Gastelum cannot say the same.

Beat Yoel and see what happens with Israel and Rob.

Shoulda coulda. Doesn't work that way.

Israel has had 6 UFC fights, and so far he's turned in 4 decisions. He does not have a high finishing rate, and I literally never heard of Rob Wilkinson and his illustrious 0-2 UFC record.

Brunson is a fine win, and he's been knocked out 5 times. Its kind of his signature way of losing. Jacare shut his lights off without breaking a sweat.
Wonderboy finished him and Romero had hin really badly hurt, dropped him multiple times. Adesanya is still new in mma and improving. Had anybody even dropped Gastelum before? Israel dropped him 4x.

Back