How does Jacare deserve a shot over Adesanya?

Dsingleton7

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He is 2-2 over these past two years including a loss to Gastelum who Adesanya just beat. Also Izzy is 6-0 in the UFC in a little over a year, 3 of which were top 10 opponents.

Who honestly deserve title shot over Izzy at this point on paper?

No one does. Izzy is clearly the number 1 contender. And he will put Overrated Whittaker to sleep in emphatic fashion

No one does. Izzy is clearly the number 1 contender. And he will put Overrated Whittaker to sleep in emphatic fashion

Like he's put so many of his opponents to sleep, such as Anderson, Gastelum, right?

He doesn't but Weidman is a better win than any Adesanya win.

He’s the IC, and is fighting for the title next. I honestly don’t see why you made this thread.

Weidman is 1-4 in his last fight fights. All of them he got knocked out in.
and finished Gastelum fairly easily and finished Silva and is the former MW champ.

Who is a better win for Adesanya?

Jacare was promised a TS with his next win.

I'm sure that's when he was fighting Romero. I'm sure that doesn't still stand with a win against Jack Hermansson. UFC makes promises and then takes them away all of the time.

Lol you need to bet your house on it, witthaker is overrated now ahahah, i gonna pull this comment up after bobby KO your boy!

Considering Adesanya is the Interim Champion and Jacare isn't, no.

It don't matter what Weidman has done in the past, only what he's done today. And today, he's 1-4 in his last five fights. The one guy he's beaten in the last four years is the same guy (Gastelum) that beat Jacare just a couple fights ago... And it's the same guy that Israel just beat last night.

He is 2-2 over these past two years including a loss to Gastelum who Adesanya just beat. Also Izzy is 6-0 in the UFC in a little over a year, 3 of which were top 10 opponents.

Who honestly deserve title shot over Izzy at this point on paper?

The answer is nobody. Giving the shot to anyone other than Israel devalues the worthless Interim belts even more.

Overrated Whittaker is gonna beat Adesanya. Might even finish him.

I'm sure that's when he was fighting Romero. I'm sure that doesn't still stand with a win against Jack Hermansson. UFC makes promises and then takes them away all of the time.
He said he's retiring if he doesn't get one. He's like 3 fights into an 8 fight contract. Honestly no one got screwed more by the Bisping/GSP/Hendo nonsense than Jacare. He should have been awarded the fight right after Romero popped and was suspended. Instead we had a cherry picking contest for the next 2 MW title fights.

Back