What's your idea for an apocalypse? Or end to human life at least
byuntear-incrives-meme.gif

Ascension to heaven / decent to hell?
ascension-sponge-bob.gif

AI Micro Drone Swarm?
unnamed.gif

Asteroid Impact?
asteroid-hitting-earth.jpg

We've come close to annihilation before. It was all prevented by one man. In 1983 the Soviet Union's nuclear warning system erroneously reported that the U.S. had launched nuclear missiles. Stanislav Petrov decided to wait instead of reporting it and then judged it a false alarm. I imagine something similar will happen eventually without someone there to stop it. Especially with the explosion of AI.

I don't think nuclear war or global warming are likely to kill off humanity entirely. They could kill off most of the human race and destroy civilization, but we'd rebuild after a few hundred years imo.

We've come close to annihilation before. It was all prevented by one man. In 1983 the Soviet Union's nuclear warning system erroneously reported that the U.S. had launched nuclear missiles. Stanislav Petrov decided to wait instead of reporting it and then judged it a false alarm. I imagine something similar will happen eventually without someone there to stop it. Especially with the explosion of AI.

This is the most accurate answer.

Solar flare, asteroid impact or disease would be my guess. Even something minor like COVID, the entire supply chain almost collapsed in a matter of 2 weeks. It just shows how fragile our society is. It wouldn't take much.

I don't know, but we're all going to die, that's our destiny.

asteroid hitting yellowstone, or a huge moon size object breaking up on entry and multiple large chunks hitting everywhere. it would shift the poles, all the ice melts instantaneously. causing a polar shift and a mass flood.

Back