How do you score a round like round 4 of Jones vs. Gus?

That's cool, he still lost 3 rounds.

officially he did.

By everyone else's count except Jones's fans, Gus won at least Rd's 1-3

Not only effectively but also dealing more damage. Want proof? Go back and count the strikes landed.

Weren't you also arguing that Machida actually did beat Shogun in their first fight?

That's cool, he still lost 3 rounds.

Debatable. Round 4 was definitely Jones' in my book. As was Round 5. Rounds 1 and 3 went to Gus. But Round 2 could have been scored either way.

People exaggerate that elbow so much it's ridiculous. Was he hurt? Yes. Was he close to being finished? Not a chance. His knees didn't even buckle and he didn't hit the mat. Even then, he still shrugged off Jones' takedowns. I swear, some people need to get their fucking eyes checked.

Weren't you also arguing that Machida actually did beat Shogun in their first fight?

Poor argument. Machida/Shogun 1 could have plausibly been scored either way. That fight being some kind of outrageous robbery is a long-standing MMA myth.

Debatable. Round 4 was definitely Jones' in my book. As was Round 5. Rounds 1 and 3 went to Gus. But Round 2 could have been scored either way.

Not really. It was a close round, but it was clearly Jones' round by the slimmest of margins.

The point is, Gus definitely did not win the 4th, and it's laughable to pretend he did. It just proves how terrible most members of this site are at scoring fighters.

officially he did.

By everyone else's count except Jones's fans, Gus won at least Rd's 1-3

Not only effectively but also dealing more damage. Want proof? Go back and count the strikes landed.

Gus did not win the second the round, neither "officially" nor objectively.
He clearly won round 1 and 3, and was clearly winning round 4 before he got his noggin rocked.

People exaggerate that elbow so much it's ridiculous. Was he hurt? Yes. Was he close to being finished? Not a chance. His knees didn't even buckle and he didn't hit the mat. Even then, he still shrugged off Jones' takedowns. I swear, some people need to get their fucking eyes checked.

Bullshit. He was stumbling around with his hands down. He was without question close to being finished.

Poor argument. Machida/Shogun 1 could have plausibly been scored either way. That fight being some kind of outrageous robbery is a long-standing MMA myth.

lol@ this attempt at derailing the thread...unless you can back up what you say stay on topic...you say this in every thread but I have yet never seen an argument to support it

Bullshit. He was stumbling around with his hands down. He was without question close to being finished.

No, he wasn't. You should look into getting a prescription for some glasses. Or watch more MMA.

lol@ this attempt at derailing the thread...unless you can back up what you say stay on topic

The guy he was responding to was the one who tried to go off topic with Shogun/Machida I

I suppose you also think Diego vs Kampmann was also not a robbery.

and im a Nightmare fan.

No, he wasn't. You should look into getting a prescription for some glasses. Or watch more MMA.

I watch more MMA than the both of you combined and my house went silent because we thought Gus was done for.

The guy he was responding to was the one who tried to go off topic with Shogun/Machida I

read my edit...he says this in every thread it is some weird trolling tactic to rile up shogun fans

lol@ this attempt at derailing the thread...unless you can back up what you say stay on topic...you say this in every thread but I have yet never seen an argument to support it

I'm not the one that brought up Machida/Shogun, bright guy. You are laughably sensitive when it comes to that fight.

I watch more MMA than the both of you combined and my house went silent because we thought Gus was done for.

That's cool. I don't really give a shit though. Someone who is "about to be finished" doesn't shrug off takedowns from the best wrestler in the division.

read my edit...he says this in every thread it is some weird trolling tactic to rile up shogun fans

I read the ninja edit, but the first part of your statement was an accusation that that particular poster was trying to derail the thread when it was the guy he was responding to was trying to steer the topic somewhere else (and by his last response is still doing).

I'm not the one that brought up Machida/Shogun, bright guy. You are laughably sensitive when it comes to that fight.

I just don't like people who don't back up what they say...that's it. it's cowardly

Shogun/Machida was a close fight that could go either way. You don't agree? Cool, i dont give a shit.
Your scoring of Jones/Gus is terrible and you're awful at scoring fist fights.

God day sir.

Back