How do you rate Kazushi Sakuraba?

Hero, 10/10, GOAT, most entertaining fighter ever, would gift him my daughter. His 90 min humiliation of Royce was a joy to behold, and never gets boring no matter how many times I watch it. Would love to get drunk with him.
bro I am not sure if you saw this video, but your post reminded me of it - I hope you enjoy it

Last edited:
Of course, leave it to a bunch of new age fans who simply look at his record and are not impressed. The guy was a Welterweight fighting Heavyweights. Meanwhile a 6'4 230 lb. Jon Jones won't even do that.

#1 Heart in all of MMA

Fighters would do that in Pride FC, take risks. He was the biggest risk taker, then again people forget Wanderlei went the distance with a prime Cro-Cop and Mark Hunt. BJ went up in weight, there are many of these fighters the newer fans don't even look up or even watch their fights. Like Chuck, that motherfucker went over and fought in Pride FC. I don't think anyone remembers that, just the Rashad murder tape.

Last edited:
The dude is basically a Legend in every sense of the word.

saku is one of my all time favorites. He was a real any weight any time guy.

Someone, I can't remember who, told a story once about fighting on the same card as Saku in Pride. He said he was kinda lost walking around backstage in this huge arena, and he opened a door, which turned out to be an external door. He looked out, and there was Saku, smoking a cigarette.

Legend and one of the most exciting fighters of all time. It's so hard to rate someone who was around when MMA was still figuring itself out, but he was out there having some crazy fights and doing some amazing things. His style was so unorthodox and unique that it's hard to really think about where he would place among the greats, but he's certainly "in the mix."

Actually came here to post this "probably forgotten" Saku fight...

Skip to the 5:25 mark and watch Sakuraba punishing Shibata with a combination of slaps and hard GnP shots from side control...

...later in their pro-wrestling career they would team up as a TagTeam.

Actually came here to post this "probably forgotten" Saku fight...

Skip to the 5:25 mark and watch Sakuraba punishing Shibata with a combination of slaps and hard GnP shots from side control...

...later in their pro-wrestling career they would team up as a TagTeam.

Fuck'n A. Who needs elbows? lol thank you for that.

One of the most admirable and likeable guys ever to compete. Just about the toughest guy we'll ever see. Absolute legend.

Sakuraba is one of the most legit Pro-Wrestlers of all time...

I dont think there is anybody in the japanese wrestling scene who would try to shoot on him for real in a match...dumb idea.

He also is one of the most unlikley bad ass looking guys walking around.
If i would be an american pro wrestler coming into the locker room in Japan...and i ask who is the most legit-bad-ass-dont-fuck-with-that-guy...and the Finger points at him, while he is sitting there, i would be like: yeh...sure bro...cool Story!"

The entire reason I've been an MMA fan. My fav fighter of all time.

Someone, I can't remember who, told a story once about fighting on the same card as Saku in Pride. He said he was kinda lost walking around backstage in this huge arena, and he opened a door, which turned out to be an external door. He looked out, and there was Saku, smoking a cigarette.

It's been my location forever. I don't remember who said it either.

At his prime how would you rate him? How would he have fared in the current MW/LHW division in the UFC/Bellator?
He beat Vitor in 1999 and tapped Rampage in 2001. He was undeniably at the pinnacle of the sport.

I feel like in his prime at his natural weight class, he'd have been a contender even in the ufc. His grappling was legit

One of the real warrior goats.
Maybe with Wand together the biggest pair of balls of them all.
A bloated mw fighting at heavyweight (even against Igor ffs).

Saku blessed us.

Back