Opinion How do we fix our pit bull problem in the United States?

It’s not just 110 pound women Sherbro. Old people love them too. It’s going to sincerely break my heart when Patrick Stewart is mauled to death in a totally preventable accident because he chose to basically play doggy Russian Roulette. You think with how recognizable he is and with how much money he has someone would properly educate him on the dangers of owning one of these ticking time bombs. I’ve seen one who was woken up and startled by someone turning on the ceiling fan and he basically was going to maul the guy to death until another person expertly inserted a pool cue into its butthole. The guy was a pretty big fella too like 250 pounds and he was utterly powerless against this 50 pound killing machine.

Don't hold it against him he's not a hollywood snow flake. Other people already have that covered for him though.

form crack teams of vigilante pit assassins throughout the country.

I was more pointing at the fear of 35lbs dogs. If you're a grown man with any amount of strength, a dog that size should be no problem to deal with.

Source: (former) dog professional.

...and if some random guy blew smoke in your face because he thought it was funny, how would his lip look afterwards? (Dog should have been better trained though.)

...and if you're around dogs enough, you'll know when one is actually friendly or just tolerating you.
a few things here.

neighbors walking around with two pitbulls, granted, it's early morning, but I walk my kids to school and sometimes she's not early enough (lady with pitbulls takes a late walk), putting school kids in danger should either dog get loose, not uncommon for people to own multiple dogs. if both get loose, it's game over. dude blowing smoke in a dogs face has more to due with darwins law than anything, just something I've witnessed. "Knowing if a dog is friendly", I was a field worker, we visit strangers all day long. if the owner of the house says a dog is friendly, I dont believe them and proceed with caution anyhow, owners would walk us through their property, and *assuming* that was good enough was a big mistake. I didnt get bit because there was only one dog and it simply rushed at him full speed as soon as the owner opened the door. No way to get around a full speed dog, it's like a sucker punch, there's no way to defend yourself.

a few things here.

neighbors walking around with two pitbulls, granted, it's early morning, but I walk my kids to school and sometimes she's not early enough (lady with pitbulls takes a late walk), putting school kids in danger should either dog get loose, not uncommon for people to own multiple dogs. if both get loose, it's game over. dude blowing smoke in a dogs face has more to due with darwins law than anything, just something I've witnessed. "Knowing if a dog is friendly", I was a field worker, we visit strangers all day long. if the owner of the house says a dog is friendly, I dont believe them and proceed with caution anyhow, owners would walk us through their property, and *assuming* that was good enough was a big mistake. I didnt get bit because there was only one dog and it simply rushed at him full speed as soon as the owner opened the door. No way to get around a full speed dog, it's like a sucker punch, there's no way to defend yourself.
Public service announcement:

I'm a dog person and have been around all types of breeds. Regardless, I always ask homeowners to put away their animals while I'm working. I don't know their history or what their trigger could be and don't have the time to asses each pup and hope my assessment is right. I don't want to be bit, nor do I want to stomp your dawg, so please lock them up if you have any workers at your place.

- Captain Obvious

Determination:

For fuck sakes.

That pitbull owners think these dogs belong out and about with kids and other animals just makes them retarded.

'Ya sorry about your luck this dog failed and went off. It is the price you have to pay as I want my cool pet'.

And i love all dogs including Pits, but they just do not belong in urban areas or around other animals.

Another one! The little girl just tried to give a homeless lady a dollar. She'll be disfigured for the rest of her life as a reward because we continue to allow this savage breed to exist.
7-year-old mauled by dog in critical condition
NEW YORK, NY (WCBS) — Parents say their 7-year-old child was mauled by a dog and transported to the nearest hospital.

According to authorities the 7-year-old will probably need extensive cosmetic surgery after being attacked by a pit bull.

Police say the 7-year-old girl was attempting to give a homeless woman a dollar who was sitting on the sidewalk with her dog.

Thomas Nardini said he was passing by when he saw the attack, “The pit bull grabs her by the face and pulls her away. The women doesn’t have control of the dog. That little girl is flopping around I mean it was awful.”

Witnesses say when police arrived they didn’t even wait to call medics and instead officers covered the child’s wounds and rush her to the hospital themselves.
The breed is human invention. Like most breeds it didn't come into existence, naturally.

Well, sometimes we make mistakes. It's time to undo this one.
#euthanizeallpits

Judge Judy deals with a lot of dog attack cases on her show and it's almost always to do with a pit bull.
I've noticed on the show and also on this forum, Americans more often than not say 'bit' instead of 'bitten.' Whereas in the countries i've lived in, all ex-British, people tend to say bitten. A bitten of USELESS information for you all!

Rich people like Dave Bautista, Kaley Cuoco, Patrick Stewart, Rachel Ray, etc own Pit Bulls and money makes the world go round especially when dealing with laws. So no they’re not going anywhere.

What happens when two dogs of peace encounter each other at Petco?

Dog of Peace just chilling after killing that black dog

Should cities be allowed to ban pitbulls?

No dogs should just be loose running around the neighborhood. We have 4 dogs and they stay in the fenced yard or on a leash if we take them anywhere.

Another pit bash thread lol yea sure all pits are bad we need them extinct smh

Back