1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Opinion How do we fix our pit bull problem in the United States?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Hatorade, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Hatorade Purple Belt

The easy answer would be to just simply ban them like other first world countries have been doing, but I don't think that could happen now because it's not just stupid poor people or overly aggressive types that are into them. I just saw a 110lb woman with about a 60lb male pit with his balls still swinging in the grochery store with one of those fake service dog vests. The thing was growling every time she pulled on its leash. Shit just makes me cringe.

There's been a movement over the last few decades that consists of people that have victimized these dogs and turned the notion of not liking them into some type of discrimination thing. Saying you think these dogs are dangerous is the equivalent of saying you think black people are dangerous to these types. It's like they don't understand the concept of selective breeding or something. The truth is that saying you're not a fan of pit bulls because they're not safe is no different than saying you're not a fan of three wheelers because they're not safe. They're man made.

Withut going into all the stats and common sense reasons as to why only a fucking idiot would want such a dog, this question is more for those that accept that these dogs have no place in society anymore.

How to we fix the problem? ......Special permits.......incredibly harsh penalties......get rid of animal shelters ......require all dogs to be spade or neutered or face confiscation?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  2. AnGrYcRoW I've done .... questionable things .

Fuck pit bulls , special permits for ownership requiring training on how to handle them combined with liability insurance.

That will eliminate most of the douche bag owners.

3. Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

Fix the Pitbull Owner problem first. Then there will be no pitbull problem.

4. PainIsLIfe Steel Belt

My pit is a huge baby (she may lick you death); my son's is even more so. Pits can be dangerous because of their breeding, but I've met far more aggressive dogs.

5. Gunny Gold Belt

Mandatory sterilization (which should apply to all breeds) except for regulated breeder permits with strict penalties for non-compliance would solve the perceived problem virtually overnight.

Also, LOL at the AV

6. Falsedawn The Opposition Platinum Member

Molon Labe

7. [email protected]&WW Gold Belt

how sure are you that there IS a pitbull problem?

do you know what a pitbull is?

did you know that most veterinary professionals regularly misidentify pitbulls, both with false positives and false negatives?

8. Hatorade Purple Belt

Obviously not all of them are shitheads, but I will say this as someone that grew up in South Texas, every awful incident regarding dogs in my entire life involved a pit. Like every single one. They can't even have dog parks in that part of the country because of pits.

9. Hatorade Purple Belt

Yeah, that's all bullshit propaganda. They're very easy to identify.

10. Sketch (҂`_´) <,︻╦╤─ ҉ - - - Double Yellow Card

I've known some great pits, well behaved and very loving. The owner is a huge component of how the dog operates.

However, I've always had it in the back of my mind to be careful around them. The issue is if it snaps, this thing won't let go.

11. PainIsLIfe Steel Belt

I'd say you have a lot of dicks owning pits in south Texas then. Of the 4 attacks that I know of in my region - only 1 involved a pit and some dumbass was abusing the dog.

They aren't a dog that just anyone should own. Mine and my son's are both rescues - again something that shouldn't be allowed for just anyone. Pits are like children; show them love and discipline and you'll get that in return.

12. HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Is there really that much of a death toll from pit bulls?

Just make it clear that the owner of a dog is fully responsible for anything the dog comitts. You own a pit bull that attacks your little nephew? Congrats, you go to prison for felony assault of a child.

13. Happy Man Banned Banned

Simple.

14. irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

Ban drug dealers , then there won't be a need for them.

15. Falsedawn The Opposition Platinum Member

I love that argument, people see a dog that looks like this:

[​IMG]

And try to tell me "THAT'S NOT A REAL PIT". I've been around these dogs for years, they're super obvious.

The propaganda is deep.

16. Hatorade Purple Belt

Yeah, they don't bite to send a warning or some shit. They go to the death. It's completely different than most other breeds. They're like 60lb Jack Russell. Just fucking relentless when it's go time. Our neighbors had one when I was a kid and the fucker had like 3 kills in regards to other dogs, yet they still kept the thing. It was super friendly toward people, but you could not have any other dogs around. It was socialized too, but the dog it grew u with it killed LOL.

17. M3t4tr0n Sherriff of Sherfront

Stop breeding them and let them die out

18. rob mafia Silver Belt

lolz @ pitbull fearmongering

19. PainIsLIfe Steel Belt

I get where you're going, but years ago some of the most selective breeders where breeding fighters.

20. [email protected]&WW Gold Belt