• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did you get here???

Had a fighter recommend the site in 2006.. made an account and mostly used it for the fight finder.

Got banned during the mass OT purge of Apr 2008 and here I am.

Better question is how do you leave?

t3MHnEY.gif

good question TS, honestly I dont remember... I had 2-3 accounts that got banned until I finally learned to keeep my nose clean... so from my actual join date it was probably 2 years before that I started

Who... who are you? Who am I? How did I get here?

Now that's funny... I actually dropped out for 3yrs I went to Gladiator School (incarcerated) I had a hell of a time remembering what my password was & email?

Used to google my fav fighters. Links to sherdog threads came up often. Repeat a few times, then i figured out i could come here directly

Someone mentioned Sherdog in a Brazilian MMA forum.

Started watching boxing in early 90's on the usa channel; read about UFC 1 in a magazine and rented them on VHS; seen the Ultimate Ultimate free on tv; got internet in early 2000's; looked for fighter records and found this site and a few others like boxing rec; did not know this site had a forum until mid 2000's; joined in 2008; don't follow mma anymore beyond intrigue and scandals but will watch the occasional spike and axs shows.

I swear it used to be written on the octagon turnbuckles IRL

My Dad and I would order the ppvs as they came out and eventually went to an event (Couture vs Liddell 2) , bought a program that had Sherdog.com in it and checked it out as soon as I had gotten home. Joined and would post, but eventually stopped. came back, couldnt remember the password for my username and my email for it was no longer in use. Made a new account as my old username had a typo in it anyways

Started watching boxing in early 90's on the usa channel; read about UFC 1 in a magazine and rented them on VHS; seen the Ultimate Ultimate free on tv; got internet in early 2000's; looked for fighter records and found this site and a few others like boxing rec; did not know this site had a forum until mid 2000's; joined in 2008; don't follow mma anymore beyond intrigue and scandals but will watch the occasional spike and axs shows.

You said boxing & mentioned renting VHS I knew this was a old schoolers post...

tumblr_mo4nikzWGc1s795tco1_500.gif

I was on a Japanese mma talk show and met other contestants who said they visited sherdog for all their mma info, so the rest is history.

A Sunday morning thought wondering how did you all find your way to Sherdog. I've been following mma or forms combat sports before the term mma encompassed all martial arts. Without dating myself in my area those who did combat sports boxing, karate, etc was very small and exclusive if you weren't into it, you weren't talking about it. So after the gyms doors closed there was no combat talk until we met again.

Then I found this internet thing I'm a rock & stick away from being a caveman but I've gotten better with my use of computers. I was trying to get info on a local fighter at the time and it lead me here (that fighter Carlos Newton) at 1st I didn't even notice the site itself and just read the info. It wasn't until the 2nd time I was looking Sherdog came up again and I started poking around and I was shocked to find a community of people dedicated or appreciate the combat arts.

So how did you get here?

a french man farted upwind from me and i followed the aroma
the rest is history

I found Sherdog by way of googling fighters' names and seeing their profiles on fight finder. I eventually found the forums and started reading them. I just read them for a while, then one day I decided to make an account and get in on the discussion. Even though that was only a couple of years ago, there is a huge difference in the discussions now. They are way more inflammatory than they once were.

I found out about sherdog when commenters in mma articles on espn mentioned the site as a better source for mma news. I'm not sure if that's true since once I visited the forums I pretty much never went back to the main site.

Back