• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did you get here???

After high school I bought a fedora and grew a ponytail neckbeard combo. I needed a place I would find people of similar interests, opinions, and style. The rest is history.

Knockout clips brought me here early 2000. I had just heard about pride / ufc etc and found on sherdog that I could a) watch knockout clips b) check fighter records.

At some point one of the topics on the main page was interesting enough to make an account for.

Ah, Limewire. So many memories.

And to answer the OP, I had been coming here for many years to check news, gossip, etc and watch MMA related videos . Then I got bored one day and signed up to the forum. I liked the forum layout, posters were nice and plentiful, and there is a lot of subsections for various discussion.

What the hell happened there?

I started an account probably 10 years ago and never made the first post.. ..it was attached to an AOl account for some time period reference lol! I wonder what ever happened to that account, Is it recoverable or are inactive accounts deleted after a while?

I use to post on Bullshido, but they didn't have enough MMA discussion so I migrated over here. A friend from another forum suggested I try it out when I was contemplating making the switch from training TMA to MMA. Oddly, even though I still train MMA, I don't post in the heavies much anymore.

I was posting on k-1fans forum before. Then i heard stories about sherdog beeing the worst place to talk about martial arts so i was curious. Found the site to be extremely funny on some occasion so i kept coming back.

Knockout clips brought me here early 2000. I had just heard about pride / ufc etc and found on sherdog that I could a) watch knockout clips b) check fighter records.

At some point one of the topics on the main page was interesting enough to make an account for.

Was it "Who is Lyoto Machida?"

I was posting on k-1fans forum before. Then i heard stories about sherdog beeing the worst place to talk about martial arts so i was curious. Found the site to be extremely funny on some occasion so i kept coming back.

That's almost a backhanded compliment, but true. Then again you can get some real talk here with people contributing good make you think info & conversation; then other times you see sh!t make you question why am I sitting here wasting precious moments of my life reading this crap???

I'm just here so I don't get fined

To be honest. I don't remember

Same here. I'm trying to think of how I ended up on here but can't remember at all. I think I likely Google'd a fighter or something and then found the forums.

So people actually do get banned? What for?

I've seen loads of hair-raising shit on here and sort of figured the ban threat was empty.

Whenever Sherdog signs on a few new mods, people get banned like crazy for a few days.

wanderlei silva fights. then i wanted to discuss his fights, and did a search for mma forums, and found sherdog. the rest, is history.

how do we get Petey to leave?

Was a regular at boxing scene, forum went to shit and sign up here afterwards.

Was looking for discussions about karate being applied effectively (specifically dealing with the jab). Ended up on the Standup Forum and decided to stick around. I blame Sinister and his insane amount of knowledge.

I loosely followed MMA since UFC 1. Back when they were first coming out I would go rent them from Hollywood video. But I kind of fell off when the UFC went through it's dark ages. Then in 2000 or 2001 I believe it was, I was walking down the hall of my dorms and one of my neighbors was playing a highlight video of MMA. The highlight video was of some guy named Kazushi Sakuraba, and he was bad ass. I had to learn more about the guy, so I started poking around on the internet. Of course Sherdog's fight finder pops up and before I know it I've been clicking on names for several hours looking up various records. I did that for months before I ever actually started using the forums, which I signed up for in 2002.

Back