• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did you get here???

Paynebringer

The Titanium Ape... Always Defend ♠♠♠
@plutonium
Reaction score
A Sunday morning thought wondering how did you all find your way to Sherdog. I've been following mma or forms combat sports before the term mma encompassed all martial arts. Without dating myself in my area those who did combat sports boxing, karate, etc was very small and exclusive if you weren't into it, you weren't talking about it. So after the gyms doors closed there was no combat talk until we met again.

Then I found this internet thing I'm a rock & stick away from being a caveman but I've gotten better with my use of computers. I was trying to get info on a local fighter at the time and it lead me here (that fighter Carlos Newton) at 1st I didn't even notice the site itself and just read the info. It wasn't until the 2nd time I was looking Sherdog came up again and I started poking around and I was shocked to find a community of people dedicated or appreciate the combat arts.

So how did you get here?

I registered on sherdog during the Me and Mah bros at UFC 58.

This is my 2nd account as my 1st was banned but i was allowed to come back.

My intention was to get to Passedena and ended up here.

watched a couple UFC's back on fox sports back in the day, like 2002-03 and I looked up forums, I think on the UFC website, and I found this one and one other: Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) that I started posting at regularly.

watched a couple UFC's back on fox sports back in the day, like 2002-03 and I looked up forums, I think on the UFC website, and I found this one and one other: Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) that I started posting at regularly.

When I came on I stepped into what was a little battle between the UFC Dana specifically & Sherdog where it seemed that Sherdog was banned from UFC events for some reason. But all is better now with all giving each other bro hugs & back pats.

Started training martial arts due to my job. Subsequently got into MMA. Came here for news.

ufc on fox sports in 02-03, i doubt that!

Think he meant the days of Ultimate Fighting, before it was bought out and polished up to the present UFC

I first registered on the original Sherdog forum in 2001.....wasn't much MMA coverage in those days.

Yeah, I just totally made that shit up. You just exposed me.

They used to show old UFC events on Fox sports, at least in Florida they did.

Started getting into MMA after watching a Fedor HL on YT. Then kept seeing Sherdog on Facebook and decided to check it out. The rest is history.

Typed in mma forums on google, and i liked sherdogs layout the most.

They had a ppv worthy card on Fox Sports back around that time. 41.5, I believe, or something close to that. Edit: thinking about it, it wasn't an entire card, but like five or six fights total. Belfort vs Liddell was on it. Double edit: thinking back on it more, I think the main event was the only fight actually broadcast. Still, it was broadcast on Fox Sports.

Noob.

Last edited:
Musta took a wrong turn at Albuquerque...

Started getting into MMA after watching a Fedor HL on YT. Then kept seeing Sherdog on Facebook and decided to check it out. The rest is history.

Actually it was through here that I found out about Pride and through YT found Fedor and this other world. At the time I really had no idea how big the mma community was and was growing. My following of combat sports predate my start date here, Sherdog & the internet allowed me to reach out. I'm totally freaked at times where I see people in the world are posting from "I love it" even when we fighting we all here for 1 reason our common interest, not our differences.

Musta took a wrong turn at Albuquerque...

mqdefault.jpg

You should have bought a squirrel.

Back