How come the UFC doesn’t get young phenoms like AJ McKee?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think top to bottom the UFC has better fighters but in terms of YOUNG potential phenoms with pedigree Dana white is slipping .

imagine those guys (Aaron Pico,Aj McKee) in the UFC? Like shit who’s the best prospect they even have? Chimaev? Like come on.

And I wasn’t trying to shit on Khazmat cus he’s cool af and has double champ potential but god dammit I wanna see new blood

phenoms?? come on. if you go on a tear and destroy the best competition you can you are guaranteed you will get the call from ufc. That's all you have to do.

even if you make alot of noise the ufc will sign you

And I wasn’t trying to shit on Khazmat cus he’s cool af and has double champ potential but god dammit I wanna see new blood
Khamzat Chimaev
5f2d23ac15e9f907b655284a.jpg

Khazmat Chimaev
Csa-sls.jpg

Learn the difference

They have some up and comers currently man. But Aj McKee and Pico essentially debuted with Bellator. The UFC seems to want guys to have a little seasoning first. But with DWCS it seems like they are willing to overlook the experience if you can be exciting and get a finish.

Bellator offers him more money.

That’s one thing I think they do better than the UFC, they pay their fighters more and let them have sponsors. Which is funny because the UFC is infinitely more wealthy than BMMA but refuses to pay people or let them have sponsors.

The UFC isn't really in the business of developing prospects. They don't even really need to because they have so much of the elite talent signed. They effectively let other orgs develop talent and then buy them up when they feel like it since they have deeper pockets than anyone else and the prestige of the UFC title draws fighters in

They do. The issue is most of those guys burn out because the matchups are so much tougher. They don't get to be built up very slowly. The UFC consistently matches up hot or top prospects with one another.

Like look at Yanez. He's a good prospect and has some great potential, but the road to rankings in the UFC is ridiculous and he will continue to get really tough match ups against guys who are good at what he does or offset his skill set and he'll need to prove himself.

In Belloltor he would get a lot of gimmie or tailor made fights to slowly be built up over a long, long period of time. In the UFC he would have either find himself ranked or not, but he's going to fight killers.

I think top to bottom the UFC has better fighters but in terms of YOUNG potential phenoms with pedigree Dana white is slipping .

imagine those guys (Aaron Pico,Aj McKee) in the UFC? Like shit who’s the best prospect they even have? Chimaev? Like come on.

I'm trying to understand this question. What pedigree did Mckee have before fighting in Bellator? Are we just talking about very young prospects that look really good? because the UFC has plenty of those.

I'm trying to understand this question. What pedigree did Mckee have before fighting in Bellator? Are we just talking about very young prospects that look really good? because the UFC has plenty of those.

They do. They just throw them in the fire and guys like TS don't think as highly of them because they've probably lost on the way up since the competition is so much tougher and the organization has so much depth.

They do. They just throw them in the fire and guys like TS don't think as highly of them because they've probably lost on the way up since the competition is so much tougher and the organization has so much depth.

So TS is looking for young prospects in the UFC who are being groomed and haven't lost yet? like Topuria, Jack Shore, Rakhmonov, Gane, or Sean brady, for example? I wouldn't say they're being groomed per say, but they're young and undefeated.... I'm really confused about what it is exactly that he's looking for.

The UFC has plenty of top prospects. Actually one on the main card this weekend:

Zarrukh Adashev
Zarrukh_Adashev.jpg

Look him up he’s FILTHY. The UFC only signs the best fighters and everyone in the UFC is elite and would destroy anyone not in the UFC obviously. He would be champ in PFL ONE and Bellator rn because he’s a UFC fighter.

They do.

They are constantly signing young talent it just takes time for them to emerge as Elite because they face a harder road in the UFC.

Most of the UFC’s biggest stars were all signed when they young and single digits fights on their records.

There was once a time were Max Holloway was the youngest fighter on the UFC roster. For a while Charles Olivera was the youngest fighter on the UFC roster. Rob Whittaker was like 21 when he signed with the UFC. Rose Namajuanas around 23 when they were originally signed with the promotion. Dustin Poirier was 22 when he had his first UFC fight. I believe Jon Jones was signed at 21. Khabib was signed at 23. Brain Ortega was signed at 23.

Last edited:
Back