How can bigfoot beat overeem?

bdlyons26

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Was wondering how he can win this fight outside of a big punch and what do you all think the percentages are on a chance that bigfoot wins/loses? I want to hear more from everyone!!!!

land a big shot on the chin or get on top

if he could grab hold of overeem and try to sap his energy a bit, that would be ideal

tumblr_mbhvm9Ci0A1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

He could also take Overeem down, Bigfoot's a huge and strong guy.

He could land a big shot, or get tire him out. Overeem has been known to gas, and you wouldnt wanna be tired with Bigfoot trying to GNP you...
Having said that, i do think Overeem most likely wins in dominant fashion

Maybe, Overeem gets lured into attempting a flying knee, gets countered by right hand. Skyscraper style!

^this, is the ONLY way I see Silva winning.

i have seen several of his fights but honestly hadn't seen him fight anyone with good tdd so wasn't for sure how good he was at getting top position besides what i saw in the fedor fight but he had a huge size advantage, won't be the case in this fight... well unless the reem is 205 reem again... but ya i didn't know how well his tds are.

Listen, Overeem is the rightful favorite here, and I expect him to finish Bigfoot within 1 round. However, NOBODY in the world outside of maybe Werdum wants Silva on top of them. That man's top control and GPN are brutal.

If he, for whatever reason ends up on top of Reem, then he'll have a solid chance of breaking him. Reem will have to be careful in this fight.

Gas him out with wall n' stall then takedown and GNP.

Tired him out by clinching against the fence. Go for a takedown after and beat him up on the ground. Pretty much what he did to Fedor.

Most likely Overeem will keep it standing and will eventually KO Bigfoot.

But if Bigfoot performs a good takedown and secures top position, he may finish with strikes. I'm not giving him much of a chance.

In my opinion the only way Bigfoot wins is if he takes Ubereem down. I know its a HW fight and a punch can end a fight, but Ubereem striking is no another lvl

Defense wait.................................. for an opening, KABOOM. :icon_lol:

i agree i think overeem finishes him fairly fast but man i just didn't see too many ways of bigfoot winning this fight but thanks for all the insight i actually kind of like mr. silva just didn't see how he would win this fight outside of a big punch or getting on top... but like i said i wasn't for sure about his td's or overeems tdd

Bigfoot is likely too slow to beat Reem but the way he could win is by landing a big punch or getting top position.

Listen, Overeem is the rightful favorite here, and I expect him to finish Bigfoot within 1 round. However, NOBODY in the world outside of maybe Werdum wants Silva on top of them. That man's top control and GPN are brutal.

If he, for whatever reason ends up on top of Reem, then he'll have a solid chance of breaking him. Reem will have to be careful in this fight.

This.

If I were Bigfoot's camp I'd be plotting a GSP/Penn II type strategy. Tie Reem up in the first round, lean on him against the cage, make him carry your 250+ and his 250+. All those pretty, powerful muscles require a lot of oxygen, and Alistair never had a good gas tank on his best days.

If Silva can gas Overeem out he'll beat the hell out of him. I still predict an Overeem win, but there's a definite path for Bigfoot.

A slight puncher's chance is what I give him

We all know that Bigfoot could actually land a punch and wobble the other guy but if Bigfoot expects to do clinch work with Overeem then good luck to him. Even if Bigfoot managed to get Overeem down Overeem is getting right back up anyways.

Overeem is way to fast for Bigfoot though and will land kicks,knees and punches in short order. It will probably look like the Tae Hun fight.

He can beat him the way most people beat overeem: by punching him in the face either standing or on the ground. One, maybe two, good shots is all it takes to make Reem start panicking. He doesn't have the same level of stand-up but I'll wager he lands something big enough to win 3 or 4 out of 10 times.

Back