How can bigfoot beat overeem?

i agree i think overeem finishes him fairly fast but man i just didn't see too many ways of bigfoot winning this fight but thanks for all the insight i actually kind of like mr. silva just didn't see how he would win this fight outside of a big punch or getting on top... but like i said i wasn't for sure about his td's or overeems tdd

Overeem has got to be a difficult guy to form a game plan for. The obvious play is to tire him out, but how exactly does one do that without exposing themselve to a deadly situation? In order to do so, you have to go into his world and clinch with him(insane), or possibly risk shooting at him from a distance(insane).

Tough spot.

a puncher chance.

Overeem will come at Big Foot scare of nothing.
Overeem sv Werdum 2 was boring because Werdum was scare of standing with Overeem and Overeem was scare to be on the ground with Werdum so they both made the fight so boring.

Overeem vs Big Foot will be like Overeem vs Brock at the most, stand and kick and clinch Big Foot and knee and push Big Foot off to the fence.
Overeem thrown Brett Roger easily and push Brock easily.
Big Foot make no difference.

I expect Overeem to recreate the Lesnar fight against Bigfoot

I think he wins by avoiding knees to the body, punches to the chin, and standing guillotines.

Big foot needs to avoid the finish and get Alistair down, get on top, and land bombs.

Alistair hasn't fought in a while either, his inactivity makes him an x factor.

His wrestling is also surprisingly good and not just defensively

I think he wins by avoiding knees to the body, punches to the chin, and standing guillotines.

Big foot needs to avoid the finish and get Alistair down, get on top, and land bombs.

Alistair hasn't fought in a while either, his inactivity makes him an x factor.

His wrestling is also surprisingly good and not just defensively

He also shouldn't be on the juice.

I just see reem walking down big foot and picking him apart with strikes. Don't really see how else this fight plays out. Overeem via 2nd round tko.

well a big punch to reems suspect chin or a sub some how

Only way I see is GNP. Bigfoot is too slow.

Was wondering how he can win this fight outside of a big punch and what do you all think the percentages are on a chance that bigfoot wins/loses? I want to hear more from everyone!!!!

Pretty much what you said. He's got a puncher's chance. I don't see Bigfoot putting on a striking clinic as Overeem is the better striker and I don't see him grinding out a decision, winning by TKO via ground and pounding or pulling off a masterful submission. While Bigfoot is well-rounded Overeem is simply better at everything including delivering knockout blows. I expect Overeem to win this fight pretty easily, probably by knockout or ground and pound.

But an upset is not impossible.

Bigfoot + full mount = most horrifically scary place to be in all of MMA.

mcvmmc.jpg

No idea how he wins this other then via sub. I am really pissed about this match up I really feel like Bigfoot has been fed to the lions from the get go. I would have much rather seen Bigfoot vs Kongo, Hunt, Struve or Nelson.

I don't see anything outside of a big punch or Overeem gassing horribly after round 1.

He could employ Werdum's tactic (not talking about flopping here lol) of threatening Overeem with Takedowns and forcing Reem to be more nervous and expend more energy defending and eating shots.

Reem is strong and has a good ground game but needs to be careful of a feinted TD into a strike.

Also Reem being out for over a year will affect his performance imo. The fresher fighter always has an advantage, and I'm sure Bigfoot is training like an animal after being destroyed by Cain. Never count out a hungry opponent.

better question is:

how can anyone beat Overeem?
and the only correct answer it: you can't, you can only hope to slow him down.

I strongly think that Big foot must avoid fighting on his feet as much as possible, taking down a tired Overeem to do some GnP being his best bet.

His defense strategy is much less simple however, as he must find a way to deal with the Reem's knees and middle kicks.

Which... won't be easy.

Bigfoot isnt going to be able to take Overeem down, if Brock couldn't he's got no chance and if the fight stays on the feet, he will get KTFO's within round one

Back