How can bigfoot beat overeem?

Yep clinching Overeem is the perfect gameplan, Overeem is out of his territory in the clinch, he could also break his glass jaw with a big punch because Overeem has bad striking defense.

If he somehow gets on top he can definitely break Overeem with his brutal GNP but I really can't see anyway he is going to get on top and I doubt he can catch Overeem with a lucky punch, we're talking about the guy with probably the best striking defense at UFC heavyweight here.... even if his jaw is suspect.

I can't think of a HW MORE dangerous in the clinch than Overeem. Not sure what you have been watching. I think people assume because of his experience in K-1, that he is most dangerous at distance. This is simply not the case.

The guy has made his career off of ruining opponents in the clinch through MT and guillotines, and as a counter-striker. This is not an area where any fighter wants to hang out.

I agree that BF needs to risk it and try and get his hand on Reem with the hopes of surviving, wearing him out, and then earning a GNP opportunity, but he will be putting himself in serious danger while doing so.

Back