How bad are Miesha's chances against Holm?

Holly is training like a mad woman and with the camp behind her? She will be more than prepared for this fight. Regardless of how much Tate trains her striking, and regardless of whom she trains with, she’s going to have a difficult time making much ground on Holm by fight night.

Holly will beat her up, I think this one ends within 3 rounds

Hi Sherbros. I would like to share my views on the upcoming Holm/Tate fight. I think this is going to be a very easy win for Holly Holm and I wanna see if my opinion makes sense with the whole lot of you.

I believe, from watching Tate fight, that she is a very good grappler who has great defensive skills. She is good on the clinch and her boxing is improving but still needs work. She can hit hard but also gets tagged in her fights.

I see many problems for Tate coming into this fight. She can't expect to win a kickboxing match with Holly, who has a reach and height advantage as well as great skills, so she needs to try taking this fight to the ground. I don't know how good Miesha is at shooting for takedowns, but I see her trying to work a takedown from the clinch. That's very tricky because the last fighter who tried closing the distance, clinch and takedown Holly was Ronda Rousey, and we know how that ended for her.

Miesha Tate's last win by submission was before the UFC. It's very unlikely that she can KO/TKO Holm, so the most common scenario by far when Miesha wins is by decision. But I don't see how she'll stand for 5 rounds with Holly Holm, and take her down enough to get that win.

I feel that Ronda gives Holly the same problems Miesha can give, with the difference that Ronda is actually very dangerous and could get that win as long as Holly allowed the grapple to happen. Ronda is also better in getting takedowns from the clinch, and she couldn't make it work against Holly. What can Miesha do to win?
Tate has a better chance than Ronda did IMO

My stance is solid, hell, I'm close to 40 and never placed a bet on anything, I'll reading up on online betting 101 to place something on Holly as the surest bet.

I believe this is their last interview together, after the 197(now 196) presser

At least here, i feel Tate interviews better, or rather she just shoots from the hip, every question asked to Holly, she seems to take the 2second politician pause, run through the speech in her head, then talk. And of course you can't really fault Holly, she's probably been asked the same
"How did it feel to ko Ronda 193" and etc etc, questions like 100x, does she say it different or by now it's just essentially rehearsing a line in a movie, whats the difference really?

I hate it when people like TS are so desperate to give Tate a chance just because they have a crush on her.

You haven't read the thread right? I'm not a Miesha sympathizer, I told you that already and I opened this thread to give my opinion that I think she has very little going for her in this fight. But please keep posting bad comments about how I feel because clearly you know me better than I know myself.

Who doesnt sympathize with Cupcake's plight!?!?!? She wins the title and destined to show herself as a good role model for females everywhere and a good ambassador,and all of a sudden Ronda Rousey roars out of the gate,and takes all her dreams away and then many middle fingers later,takes all her dreams away from her again,stuck in 2nd place,and now 3rd!

she seeks redemption,against the new champion Holy Holms. ufc ufc ufc

Hey bros, some great responses here, thank you.

Holly is training like a mad woman and with the camp behind her? She will be more than prepared for this fight. Regardless of how much Tate trains her striking, and regardless of whom she trains with, she’s going to have a difficult time making much ground on Holm by fight night.

I think that's very important as well. Holly Holm is a multiclass boxing and kickboxing world champion who just got her most important belt. Her work ethics have to be great and she'll certainly do everything she can to not lose this belt. I believe we'll see Holly Holm at her finest and she'll put another impressive performance against Miesha.

she has a better chance against holly then RDA has against McGoat

that said since money is no object, i'm putting 1000 on Tate the Great

Everyone has a chance in MMA. I won't be surprised if Tate finds a way to take Holly down and control there.

But imo it's a mismatch in some way. Holm is a real athlete, she is just too strong for every female fighter.

Love me some Cupcake, but don't think she can beat Holly. Then again, ppl weren't giving Holly a chance against Big Ronda and we all saw how that turned out :|

It's been done to death.

Hollly
1. 14 years with jackson/wink
2. Trains at JW, won best MMA gym 2015
3. Unlimited Stamina
4. Athletic lean body, legs that put bitches to sleep

Tate
1. 3 years with Bryan Caraway, her boyfriend
2. xtreme couture
3. Gasses towards 3rd round, gassed to Ronda 2nd title run.
4. In shape, booty gets praise... only useful when UFC cameraman focus'

All surface stuff, but it's already telling.

Never rule Meisha Tate out She is not a long shot, but the odds are with Holm.

It wouldn't surprise me though, if Rousey is hoping for a Tate win. Let's say, that scenario plays out and Tate v Rousey becomes a reality. A champion Tate would not be the same person that lost to Rousey at their last meeting. Neither will Rousey be same person, who by the looks of things, is weak mentally and emotionally. If Rousey enters the cage without working through the aftermath of her loss to Holm, Tate will surely win. Even if Rousey works out her issues, the odds would still be with Tate. A defeat by Tate, would be the worst of all possible realities for Rousey.

Nope. Tate does not work from clinch and her takedowns will be seen from a mile away. Holly will have the reach advantage and will use it to keep Miesha away.

It's like nobody even remembers Tate getting her ass whipped in striking by Julie Kedzie who is almost 0.500 . Tate's current winning streak hasn't been impressive either. She got taken down by a smaller fighter in Rin Nakai.

Last edited:
She will get raped by distance..The same way ronda did.

Good luck shooting for takedowns or initiating the clinch from a million miles away...

i disagree with holm holding back,its simply ronda coming on so aggressive,that holm had to use all her skills to keep ronda off of her.
And I have to disagree with you on this point. Ronda only starting getting super aggressive after Holly cracked her up close, and then she went into desperation mode. If you watch that fight closely you can see in the first couple exchanges that Ronda changed her aggression alot after those first hits. Her jaw was hanging open and she was bleeding from her lower lip. Wether it was externally or in her mouth, she was hurt in the first 30seconds, and it shook her bad. She was trying to pace it and get the takedown/throw but, those shots were hard as hell. She even said weeks after the fight in little snippets in interviews about when her next fight was that she," had to let her jaw heal before she could train"...Holly brought some heat that fight, and it was BEFORE Ronda started charging hard. Ronda will never admit it and UFC will never release the medicals about it until much later after her career is over but, she had a jaw injury very early in the fight.

Back