How bad are Miesha's chances against Holm?

Tate has the potential to make this into a Raquel Pennington kind of fight. Holm has to get the W. Rousey Holm 2 has to happen for the betterment of humanity.

Let's hope not, because than Tate would need to hire someone to break Holm's arm, herniate a disk in her neck and miraculously make it Holm's UFC debut :D Plus, Holm will not be sandbagging, given that she's the champ.

better than Ronda's
That's what I was thinking. Totally different challenges for holly. Better striking, and different grappling. Melissa won't need to be in the clinch to be a threat for a takedown. She can shoot a double from the edge of holly's range. I still think holly scores a dec or ko though.

It's this simple, it will be just as lopsided as Holm vs. Rousey except it won't be a brutal KO like it was against Ronda, guys you should know yesterday TS was saying he thinks Miesha can beat Ronda which we all know she can't, Holly makes Miesha looks like a soccer-mom in terms of athleticism, strength & skill, Holly works with Izzy Martinez who is one of the best grappling coaches in the sport, Miesha does NOT have better striking than Ronda, her head movement is non-existent, Holly will be far too strong for Miesha to get the TDD, TS also forgot to mention that Tate has never been in a 5 round fight in the UFC. TS is a Miesha sympathizer.

Holm wasn't awesome before her last fight so I'd say Mieshas chances are pretty good.
Holm was sandbagging until Ronda. If you watch all her other MMA fights you'll see she wasn't hitting hard or throwing as much as she did in the Ronda fight. She didn't want to let it all out of the bag. It was a setup on Jacksons part to not reveal the whole deal. Was all part of a plan.
Holm by sharp punchs and HK. Meisha's gonna come to brawl and get KTFO. Like em both though. It will be sad to see her lifeless on the mat.

It's this simple, it will be just as lopsided as Holm vs. Rousey except it won't be a brutal KO like it was against Ronda, guys you should know yesterday TS was saying he thinks Miesha can beat Ronda which we all know she can't, Holly makes Miesha looks like a soccer-mom in terms of athleticism, strength & skill, Holly works with Izzy Martinez who is one of the best grappling coaches in the sport, Miesha does NOT have better striking than Ronda, her head movement is non-existent, Holly will be far too strong for Miesha to get the TDD, TS also forgot to mention that Tate has never been in a 5 round fight in the UFC. TS is a Miesha sympathizer.

lol @ sympathizer. Im just saying,even though i dont see Miesha capable of it...If someone were to throw alot of fake shots,to get her to bring her hands down and then hit her,and THEN take her down,or not,but pretend like you are just to confuse...Like chael vs anderson...that might be the way to do it...but what woman have we seen who can do that?? ehehe

To the original poster: I concur with your analysis. Tate is going to get lit up, and she doesn't have many ways to win the fight. But she has a few things going for her.

1. Tate's head movement is just as bad as Rousey's so she will eat a lot of punches, but Tate is very durable. Her pain tolerance is quite high.
2. Holm is a very cautious fighter - sometimes too cautious. If Holm respects Tate's takedowns/ground game too much,it may allow the fight to go 5 rounds. I think, if Holm shrugs off a few Tate takedowns early, she will go on to absolutely destroy Tate (imagine Jojed teeing off on Esparza, just add 20 pounds...or I suppose you can just rewatch the last 30-40 seconds of Zingano-Tate to get an idea). But, if Holm fights too cautiously and the fight drags on the full five rounds, this will help Tate tremendously.
3. Holm comes from a boxing background and presumably 5 rounds won't be a problem for her. But, we just haven't seen her go 5 rounds in an MMA fight. There is an outside chance she gets tired in the later rounds. This would also help Tate considerably.
4. Tate really has nothing but her takedowns and LnP (which can win the fight for her). If Holm prepares well and her takedown defense is on-point, she will likely quickly gain confidence, step into the pocket and just maul Tate (might see a homage/replay to Young's face-kick KO of Tate). But Tate's camp has recently made claims that Tate could KO Holm and other such nonsense. It's an outside chance, but if Tate's camp believes this BS and they decide to ignore Tate's takedowns and focus on boxing with Miesha, this would also help Tate tremendously.

So...Tate does have a few things going for her and a few more things that might go her way. But, in all likelihood, she will get punched a lot while ankle diving/going for ineffective takedown attempts. Her stubbornness and toughness will prevent the fight from being stopped and we will watch Tate take a horrific 5-round beating.

Jarl

Holm was sandbagging until Ronda. If you watch all her other MMA fights you'll see she wasn't hitting hard or throwing as much as she did in the Ronda fight. She didn't want to let it all out of the bag. It was a setup on Jacksons part to not reveal the whole deal. Was all part of a plan.
Holm by sharp punchs and HK. Meisha's gonna come to brawl and get KTFO. Like em both though. It will be sad to see her lifeless on the mat.

i disagree with holm holding back,its simply ronda coming on so aggressive,that holm had to use all her skills to keep ronda off of her.

To the original poster: I concur with your analysis. Tate is going to get lit up, and she doesn't have many ways to win the fight. But she has a few things going for her.

1. Tate's head movement is just as bad as Rousey's so she will eat a lot of punches, but Tate is very durable. Her pain tolerance is quite high.

I honestly think Ronda pain tolerance was high too. That headkick would knock anyone out. before that she kept swinging for the fences,hitting air,but still trying. If tate gets hit with that kick she goes down the same.

lol @ sympathizer. Im just saying,even though i dont see Miesha capable of it...If someone were to throw alot of fake shots,to get her to bring her hands down and then hit her,and THEN take her down,or not,but pretend like you are just to confuse...Like chael vs anderson...that might be the way to do it...but what woman have we seen who can do that?? ehehe
Mieshas grappling is overrated, she's like a C level Fitch, you're forgetting that the Yoda of MMA will be Hollys camp & corner. Miesha isn't as skilled as people believe, she's made her name off going 3 rounds with Ronda.

Meisha is a smart fighter, and she's tough. Holm hasn't been a world beater in MMA outside of the kick heard round the world.

Meisha presents a lot of problems for Holm and very much can win. I don't know that she will, but she certainly can.

Terminator Genisys bad. Karate Kid III bad. Sylvester Stallone's lips nerve function bad.

Mieshas grappling is overrated, she's like a C level Fitch, you're forgetting that the Yoda of MMA will be Hollys camp & corner. Miesha isn't as skilled as people believe, she's made her name off going 3 rounds with Ronda.

I dont believe she is THAT skilled either,but she is tough. And against rousey that wasnt enough. It probably wont be for Holm either,but Im not really saying i believe miesha would win,but what could a wrestler do against holm...

I hate it when people like TS are so desperate to give Tate a chance just because they have a crush on her.

I dont believe she is THAT skilled either,but she is tough. And against rousey that wasnt enough. It probably wont be for Holm either,but Im not really saying i believe miesha would win,but what could a wrestler do against holm...
Holm is cleary far stronger than Miesha, she also works with the beast that is Izzy Martinez.

I can definitely see Tate winning - good takedowns, very good top game, very good resiliency/conditioning. Yes, Holly may pick her apart, but I think it's close to a toss up.

Meisha is a smart fighter, and she's tough. Holm hasn't been a world beater in MMA outside of the kick heard round the world.

This argument has been defused so many times before... Several times in this very thread.
Cliffs:
sandbagging, holding back, dragging out fights, UFC debut against Rocky, herniated disc, broken arm.

Back