How are UFC events live?

My biggest issue is that, having been to fights in a ring and fights in a cage, the cage really blocks the view. It’s still fun, usually the crowd is crazy but you get a way better view in a ring

$1080 for the pair. I saw on BloodyElbow that they were supposedly $180 for cageside, but I dropped the ball and missed the on-sale date by a week. So I had to buy mine from re-sellers.

232 was in California and 236 is in Atlanta, right? Which of those events had pricier tickets? The Jones card I'm guessing?

I have been to 6 live UFC events in the past, my experiences vary, some good and some bad, it depends a lot on the layout of the arena and of course what seats you have. I have been so high up before that I spend 95% of the time looking at the big screen, you can barely even see, I was watching the big screen most of the time. Other events I have been closer and its easier to see. I'm not rich so its impossible for me to get really close up seats.

The atmosphere can be really good sometimes, like I always remember when I was at UFC 84 and the crowd was EPIC that night, best crowd I been in. UFC 106 for example that I went too was really flat, the crowd seemed half asleep most of the time.

I haven't been since 2013, ha. But the energy is electric. It's a blast. You sometimes get blocked out by cameramen and the cage, but it's rad.

Paid for $500 tickets in mid-range seats.. couldn't see shit not even the screen.

They suck... I've been to 3 so far. I have access to company box seats at the Rogers Centre in Toronto (Which means 3rd row from the cage).

I've been watching MMA since the beginning and still fail to see how the live events are so popular and here is why:

Good seats are expensive... note I mentioned I don't pay for seats but if I did, ringside for Belfort Jones (which I was at) were north of $500 bucks a piece.

The bigger reason though is you simply can't see shit. If you are close to the cage, you have to see through the wire of the cage and depending on your angle, if the fighters go to the ground you can't see anything. Plus you have the cage posts, the half dozen camera men standing on stools to film down over the edge of the cage that are blocking vision as well. If you are unlucky enough to be lined up behind one of the fighters cornermen, they are standing looking into the base of the cage and can also block line of sight. Then you have the ref circling too.

It's damn hard to see anything from the 3rd row... The 3rd row, literally 25' from the edge of the cage.

Now back up 10 to 20 rows (or more depending on arena size).

Essentially everyone winds up watching the jumbotrons no matter how close they are sitting. Whats the point? I might as well sit at home and watch the fights on my 85" tv. Eventually the UFC will start broadcasting in 4k and it will be even better.

Yea that should be awesome if you don’t mind me asking what price range we’re those tickets I was in the lower sections for UFC 232 and I’m gonna be in the lower section for 236

Man for some reason all the events I went to were discounts compared to the usual price. I've been to four events. For an example I went to Cejudo vs. Dillashaw, ten rows first tier $135! with 13 fights on the card it was more than worth the money

UFC 236 you can get tickets for $210 which would have the aprox the same seats about ten rows back, that's still a good deal. I'm thinking about going to that event as well

UFC 208 was the same price. Ironically the most expensive event I went to was Lawler vs. Woodley which was a 100 dollars more for lower tier. Note: you do got to them quick, because re sellers end up charging about $80 more.

It's awesome to see the fights live!

Just go man, you need to go at least once in your life. Just make sure it's a big card, it's all about the crowds energy. I got to attend 214 (night ended pretty bad for me <DCrying>), and it was honestly amazing. Can't wait for my next one. Had 233 not been cancelled, I was thinking of going to that. Cheers bro hope you take the plunge!

Back