How are UFC events live?

Been to a lot of live events. They are almost always a great time. You have to continually remind yourself to look at the cage and not to get stuck looking at the big screens. And if your seats are in the nosebleeds it's not worth traveling for.

Last edited:
It's like any live sporting event: you gain the atmosphere but lose the connection to the actual event. I've been to both NFL games and UFC events and there's this surreal feeling and a sense of disconnect because you're not watching it through the lens of a camera with perfect framing ten feet from the action. Half the time I found myself looking at the big screens over the cage to actually see what was going on, and at that point you do start to wonder why you're even there if you're just going to watch it on a much smaller TV than you would at home.

I'd definitely recommend going to at least one event if you have the opportunity, but I personally don't feel like I'm missing out by only watching them at home/at a sport bar these days.

That said, I felt like I could FEEL the strikes landing. Leg kicks and punches echoed in a way that humanized the experience moreso than watching on the television.

That's an excellent point. I saw Rothwell/Vera live (along with the rest of the card, of course), and you could TELL that it was heavyweights in the cage.

I've often wondered how the UFC can address line of sight issues. In my several experiences its very difficult to see clearly into the cage (And I was about 25' from the cage all 3 times).

This is an area where a boxing ring is far superior. It's much more elevated and the ropes don't block viewpoints. Also the cameras are set way back from the ring on zoom (no camera men blocking visibility) plus remote cameras above looking down. Then again, boxing doesn't have ground fighting.

The Pride ring had a whole set of issues so clearly its not a solution for mma but something needs to change. I've wondered if plastic clear chainlink might improve the line of sight.

I have only been to one and would honestly prefer to watch on TV at home. Less distractions and better view.

Yea that should be awesome if you don’t mind me asking what price range we’re those tickets I was in the lower sections for UFC 232 and I’m gonna be in the lower section for 236

$1080 for the pair. I saw on BloodyElbow that they were supposedly $180 for cageside, but I dropped the ball and missed the on-sale date by a week. So I had to buy mine from re-sellers.

It's like any live sporting event: you gain the atmosphere but lose the connection to the actual event. I've been to both NFL games and UFC events and there's this surreal feeling and a sense of disconnect because you're not watching it through the lens of a camera with perfect framing ten feet from the action. Half the time I found myself looking at the big screens over the cage to actually see what was going on, and at that point you do start to wonder why you're even there if you're just going to watch it on a much smaller TV than you would at home.

I'd definitely recommend going to at least one event if you have the opportunity, but I personally don't feel like I'm missing out by only watching them at home/at a sport bar these days.
If you ever get a chance, go to the tmobile arena and sit in the 1st row of the top section. The screen is as big as the arena is wide like cowbows stadium and you can see over the cage. People call these nosebleeds but they are awesome seats because you can see over the cage. Or just do what I do and buy tickets and look online right before the fight to see unsold rows closer up and sit there.

They're amazing, I go to every Rio or sao Paulo card, the atmosphere is great even though you probably see better on TV, but you have these big screens in the arena for replays and stuff.
It's about the atmosphere, if you haven't seen UFC live, you should definitely do it

I've never been to one. The couch is the best seat in the house. No annoying fans screaming in your ear all night. Beer is cheaper from the store.

Live with friends is super fun , cageside sucks you end up looking up at the big screen , it's better to get one just behind the cageside slightly elevated

The atmosphere is the best , walkouts give you goosebumps .

Everyone should go at least once

If you actually want to see the fight then on TV it is way better.
If you want to feel the ambiance then go watch it Live.

9/10 for me. Only problem is you cant bring beer in, well where I was in anyway.

So i found this,

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/how-are-ufc-events-live.2350911/

...and most people seemed to have a positive feedback.

This was from 2013, Lets hear your opinions in 2019

Dude honestly, there amazing I highly recommend going to all the fights because you get more than your money’s worth when there’s 13 fights on the card now. For some reason the area doesn’t start filling to the main card. Dude you gotta go it’s a lot of fun, it’s better in person than on TV

I'm just talking about middle of the arena/stadium w/e. Like not too high up but not too low. Because with floor seats unless you're right up front it way harder to see the action because you're looking up to the Octagon. So I like to get a little bit of elevation, but not nosebleeds high

They're amazing, I go to every Rio or sao Paulo card, the atmosphere is great even though you probably see better on TV, but you have these big screens in the arena for replays and stuff.
It's about the atmosphere, if you haven't seen UFC live, you should definitely do it

Live with friends is super fun , cageside sucks you end up looking up at the big screen , it's better to get one just behind the cageside slightly elevated

The atmosphere is the best , walkouts give you goosebumps .

Everyone should go at least once

Dude honestly, there amazing I highly recommend going to all the fights because you get more than your money’s worth when there’s 13 fights on the card now. For some reason the area doesn’t start filling to the main card. Dude you gotta go it’s a lot of fun, it’s better in person than on TV
got my ticket like an hour ago.

360$ with fees for upper area, row 12

I've been to local mma and boxing events, WWE live events, local indie pro wrestling, UFC Singapore (Holm vs Correira), 3 or 4 ONE events and Muay thai events in bangkok and phuket.

For all events, ringside seats are kinda pointless unless you want to high five someone, be seen with some celeb that got comped tickets or smooze with somebody important (or if you are in thailand, a tourist). You can barely see the action because the ring or cage is elevated.The best seats are usually in the 2nd best pricing tier.

Nosebleed seats are a waste of money. Luckily ONE championship tickets cost me less than 10 bucks (scalped). You can barely see anything and end up watching via the screen.

At UFC Singapore, i had the unique experience of sitting near Justin Scoggins's family. It was annoying because his mom and gf kept saying "SCOGGGGGINNNNSSSSS" the whole fight. When Sasaki subbed him, they started crying and stuff. Pretty interesting to me to see that side of the fight game.

Also annoying was sitting near some dudebro type people who felt the need to have a snarky running commentary through most of the main card.

I think live events can be fun if you get drunk, fork out money for relatively good seats and go in a group. Other than that, stay at home. Commentary, zooms, camera angles, comfort add a lot.

There's a Sherdogger here who was attacked at a live event for rooting for Woodley. Lol. Live events sound like a bunch of angry drunkards.

All I know is that the UFC lies about the height of fighters when you see them in person.

Every fighter height you see, subtract an inch.

Khabib is not 5'10, more like 5'9 barefoot.

Don't believe their lies.

Live fights are awesome man anytime you get the chance take it .... don’t get floor seats unless you can get cage side sit lowkey level or upper you’ll look right into the octogon the energy is amazing in the arena hearing Bruce do his signature it’s time is awesome the crowd when someone gets knocked out or knocked down like no other live sporting event
Couldn't agree more whent to UFC Calgary was awesome even in the upper lvl great view and Bruce kills it every fight. It cool to see little things that don't make tv too.
For instance Khabib was there, but immediately after the fight they open the gate for him, as Dustin was calling him out, but instead of getting in there he just whent down the tunnel.

Back