How are UFC events live?

I usually sit cageside(If im not cornering fights) so they are amazing to me.

jks aside , Never been to an live ufc event before i do think that if you want to watch the fights with a clean view and score them properly its better to watch them in your TV.

I usually sit cageside(If im not cornering fights) so they are amazing to me.

jks aside , Never been to an live ufc event before i do think that if you want to watch the fights with a clean view and score them properly its better to watch them in your TV.
I’ve been to a couple of live events in Australia and I can say it’s easier to score fights watching on the TV then at the arena

How not? They film them and broadcast them on tv and the internet. Why do you think it'd be so hard for them to be live?

I’ve been to a couple of live events in Australia and I can say it’s easier to score fights watching on the TV then at the arena
So it means that im right ?
By the way in which events you've been there ?

I went to UFC Nashville. It was a ton of fun but not something I'd pay for regularly. Just wanted to be able to say I've been to one and I'd recommend it to any fan who has the means to be at one. The energy in the arena is a lot different than just sitting in your living room.

Wish I knew
Yeah there's been a few in my area and nobody I knew wanted to go, maybe I'll just go by myself next time and find out. UFC 206 and 231... both had some of my favorite fighters. Cerrone, Max, Gunnar, Joanna, Cub, Oliveira, Santos etc..

So it means that im right ?
By the way in which events you've been there ?
Yes I’m agreeing with you
Fight Night Werdum vs Tibura (shit card except for Camacho/Brown)
UFC 221
UFC 234 (personally one of the best cards I’ve ever seen live or on PPV)

Yes I’m agreeing with you
Fight Night Werdum vs Tibura (shit card except for Camacho/Brown)
UFC 221
UFC 234 (personally one of the best cards I’ve ever seen live or on PPV)
Werdum vs Tybura was one of the msot sihttiest cards in the recent years from what i read that was one of the last UFC cards i've ever missed. UFC 221 was a very good card tbh it was expected to be pure shit bu tit turned out to be a very good card.

Live fights are awesome man anytime you get the chance take it .... don’t get floor seats unless you can get cage side sit lowkey level or upper you’ll look right into the octogon the energy is amazing in the arena hearing Bruce do his signature it’s time is awesome the crowd when someone gets knocked out or knocked down like no other live sporting event

was in the nose bleed for GSP vs Condit & Diaz
still was amazing

was 1st level for a fight night,
was dissapointed,
but fight weren't great,
and only like 5-7k in a 20k building.
Vibes wise, felt a bit flat

Paid for $500 tickets in mid-range seats.. couldn't see shit not even the screen.

I go to a lot of them and sit right behind the owners section. Coolest thing in the world to me. Love being in the arena.

Epic in Vegas. Good everywhere else. Ive never understood the point of bitching about looking at the screen. Sometimes I do, sometimes I dont.

People here are antisocial so I can see why they dont have a good time. Nothing like some light hearted jabbing at someone else cheering for the other fighter. I always have a great time. The dumbasses who bitch about other people should stay in the basement.

To me its just like football. Is going to a football game fun? hell yeah. Is watching it on tv better for viewing? Yes but thats not the point of going to a sporting event. Its about the atmosphere and energy of the crowd. I lost my voice and was almost def for 2 days when Cormier ko'd Stipe at 226.

Haven't been to a UFC event but I've been to a few Bellator and I'd imagine the overall experience is relatively comparable.

Its harder to see what's going on, and you will spend at least some of the time watching it on the giant screen. That said, I felt like I could FEEL the strikes landing. Leg kicks and punches echoed in a way that humanized the experience moreso than watching on the television.

I've always enjoyed it. For me its a whole different experience than watching at home.

They suck... I've been to 3 so far. I have access to company box seats at the Rogers Centre in Toronto (Which means 3rd row from the cage).

I've been watching MMA since the beginning and still fail to see how the live events are so popular and here is why:

Good seats are expensive... note I mentioned I don't pay for seats but if I did, ringside for Belfort Jones (which I was at) were north of $500 bucks a piece.

The bigger reason though is you simply can't see shit. If you are close to the cage, you have to see through the wire of the cage and depending on your angle, if the fighters go to the ground you can't see anything. Plus you have the cage posts, the half dozen camera men standing on stools to film down over the edge of the cage that are blocking vision as well. If you are unlucky enough to be lined up behind one of the fighters cornermen, they are standing looking into the base of the cage and can also block line of sight. Then you have the ref circling too.

It's damn hard to see anything from the 3rd row... The 3rd row, literally 25' from the edge of the cage.

Now back up 10 to 20 rows (or more depending on arena size).

Essentially everyone winds up watching the jumbotrons no matter how close they are sitting. Whats the point? I might as well sit at home and watch the fights on my 85" tv. Eventually the UFC will start broadcasting in 4k and it will be even better.

Werdum vs Tybura was one of the msot sihttiest cards in the recent years from what i read that was one of the last UFC cards i've ever missed. UFC 221 was a very good card tbh it was expected to be pure shit bu tit turned out to be a very good card.
Yeah it was shit, don’t even remember the main event fight. That cards one saving grace was the brawl between Frank Camacho & Damien Brown on the undercard

Back