How are UFC events live?

Never been, but TBH I think it’s much better watching on the TV. Best angles , commentary ... being able to just get up and go to the bathroom. Just seems like it’s better to always be watching on a big tv.

I saw a UFC event in Chicago from a skybox and pretty much watched the whole card on the big screen. It was fun to be there, and there were UFC fighters there that weren't fighting, which was cool. As far as watching the fights though, I find it annoying looking through the fence, and if your looking over the fence from farther back, yu can't tell if strikes are landing much of the time. TV is the place for me!

I've been to 2 shows. Once was on the floor about 8 seats back and the second time was lower bowl 13 rows up from the floor. Both shows were good but I preferred being in the lower bowl because you can see the fights much better. When I had the floor seats I found myself always looking up at the jumbo screens to see what was happening when they were on the ground or the opposite side of the cage. Overall though, both events were really well done.

Not great, but I also had nose bleeds. Hard to see the action, its not like watching a team vs a team where it doesn't matter if your in the nose bleed. But you can hardly tell what is landing and what isn't unless they get dropped by it, and forget seeing the ground game except takedowns. Ended up watching 80% of the card on the jumbotron lol.

Live fights are awesome man anytime you get the chance take it .... don’t get floor seats unless you can get cage side sit lowkey level or upper you’ll look right into the octogon the energy is amazing in the arena hearing Bruce do his signature it’s time is awesome the crowd when someone gets knocked out or knocked down like no other live sporting event

I'm 2nd row on the floor for the Philly card. I'm pretty excited, hopefully it's really close/visible. I was on the floor once before (I think about row 10-15) for the Rumble/Gustafsson card, and it was okay.

I like them. Goes by faster. I like to sit in the middle of nosebleeds and floor. Best view into the Octagon and can always watch on the big screen for action you can't see. Helps if your sitting in a good section, there's a lot of obnoxious people that go to UFC's that get too fucked up and just make it unbearable

I like them. Goes by faster. I like to sit in the middle of nosebleeds and floor. Best view into the Octagon and can always watch on the big screen for action you can't see. Helps if your sitting in a good section, there's a lot of obnoxious people that go to UFC's that get too fucked up and just make it unbearable
Can you give me a better descriptoon of how to find these seats

Like, what seats are you talkng about?

I'm 2nd row on the floor for the Philly card. I'm pretty excited, hopefully it's really close/visible. I was on the floor once before (I think about row 10-15) for the Rumble/Gustafsson card, and it was okay.
Yea that should be awesome if you don’t mind me asking what price range we’re those tickets I was in the lower sections for UFC 232 and I’m gonna be in the lower section for 236

Can you give me a better descriptoon of how to find these seats

Like, what seats are you talkng about?
I'm just talking about middle of the arena/stadium w/e. Like not too high up but not too low. Because with floor seats unless you're right up front it way harder to see the action because you're looking up to the Octagon. So I like to get a little bit of elevation, but not nosebleeds high

I’ve been to one live event, Fight Night: Swanson vs. Lobov in Nashville. It’s pretty cool seeing it live, but if you’re really wanting to focus on the fight, it’s not the best way to do it. Watching on tv makes it easier to tell what’s happening and you end up staring at the screen for most of it anyways. Plus when I went there were a lot of drunken idiots starting fights and generally being obnoxious. Overall, it’s a neat experience but to me, not the ideal way to watch a fight. But you should do it at least once.

Surprised at some of the negative views tbh
Been to 4 events and the atmosphere is great. Pretty much all the seats are good as well and you're never really obstructed unless you're ground floor.

Only negatives have been that there's always someone aggressively doing coke in the toilets, although that might just be an English thing

UFC live experience is awful. Too loud. Too expensive. Impossible to watch fights that hit the ground.

I've been to 3 local events and all have been fantastic live experiences. Even my wife enjoyed them.

I'm just talking about middle of the arena/stadium w/e. Like not too high up but not too low. Because with floor seats unless you're right up front it way harder to see the action because you're looking up to the Octagon. So I like to get a little bit of elevation, but not nosebleeds high
I dont know why people dont get this. Sitting above the cage line is always best. Looking through the cage you cant see shit. It is always better to sit above to see over the cage. I went to the palms and that place was awesome. Right over the cage but still 20 ft away.

We have been fortunate to be able to attend a lot of quality shows from ROF to Strikeforce to UFC and even the 2 bare knuckle events that were held in Cheyenne and Casper. ROF were awesome, local promotion that saw a lot of great fighters end up in the UFC...Schaub, Thatch, Cerrone, Kat Zingano, Eliot Marshall, Gaethje, Carwin...to name a few.

I would recommend picking out a card, saving the money if you need to and going to at least one event in your lifetime. Lots of fun.

Haven't been to a UFC event but I've been to a few Bellator and I'd imagine the overall experience is relatively comparable.

Its harder to see what's going on, and you will spend at least some of the time watching it on the giant screen. That said, I felt like I could FEEL the strikes landing. Leg kicks and punches echoed in a way that humanized the experience moreso than watching on the television.

I've always enjoyed it. For me its a whole different experience than watching at home.

So you can hear the strikes landing better in the arena? Or what do you mean exactly? It seems to me it would be the opposite unless you’re very close, but I really have no idea.

I went to both Portland shows, UFC 102 and Fight Night 96. People aren't wrong about it being more difficult to see some action but the energy at the event is incredible. If you have the opportunity, take it

Anyone else think it’s odd how the live events start? No introduction, just that same fanfare music you see on tv and then here comes a fighter out....

So i found this,

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/how-are-ufc-events-live.2350911/

...and most people seemed to have a positive feedback.

This was from 2013, Lets hear your opinions in 2019
I loved it ONCE... for the experience of it all.
But unless you know a fighter and/or have the money to sit at cage side, I wouldn't do it again.

You can't hear anything, your vision is always obscured (so you end up watching it through the big screens for most of the fight).
I would strongly advise you to do it (at least once) to see what it is like.

Back