• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Aldo must be feeling?

So former dominant champs aren't able to go on a streak of wins after getting dethroned? what kind of loser mentality is that?

They usually all get their rematches first. Aldo got the shaft.

if not..
Fedor: couldnt go on a streak after being dethroned.Didnt fight the same.Motivation was probably lower even before he lost to Werdum. Dropped 3 before winning 4 fights that no one really cares about.
Anderson: Got his rematch and failed,forced to take other fights to keep fighting.
Matt Hughes: took one fight against Lytle before failing to regain in rematch, Forced to take other fights to keep fighting.Lost more than won.
BJ Penn: got rematch,failed to regain,forced to take other fights to keep fighting.

and GSP GTFO cos he allready knew his motivation to train at the elite level was waning,no matter who he was fighting.

If you had to endure quiet one full year of insults and disrespect by Conor, noob fans, and favouritism by the UFC for Conor because he sells more and brings a new Market (Europe) i bet you would be pissed and emotional wanting to take Conor´s head off as soon as possible.
but...but...but Aldo won the weigh in!!! Conor was shook!

It must be a nightmare for him. Motivation for anything other than a rematch must be very low for someone who has been a champ as long as him. Training for Frankie Edgar dont mean shit to him,he allready beat that dude. Maybe he should move up to 155 like he wanted?

Right on, how will he motivated to train to any other fight than a rematch or at least another title fight after being the champion for forever, losing it by an early punch and watching everybody else gaining rematches ?

People here think its easy to do a three month camp especially in old school gyms like Nova Uniao.

I don't think today it is a smart mov to go to 155, Aldo is not a big FW, hes average, will be small at 155

but...but...but Aldo won the weigh in!!! Conor was shook!

In a matter of fact Aldo `won` the weight ins (if there is such a thing), everyone (and Conor) thought Aldo was afraid, worried.

He was pissed, angry, but definitely not afraid as noob fans liked to scream for a full year.

Jose Aldo can easily beat any of the top 5 FW and prove he is ready for a rematch. I want to see Jose fight Max Holloway. Aldo fans seem to think he should avoid fighting anyone else unless its for a rematch with McGregor. I mean what the fuck is up with that kind of mentality? The guy was the first and recently dethroned king of the FW division, he can easily whoop Frankie and Holloway and put on a great performance. Imagine the hype after he wins his first come back fight and calls out McGregor, the bald father would have a big smile on his face while wiping tears of joy with dollar bills.

I think it would be great, but it[s hard to find that motivation.
His last 10 fights were title fights, fighting a non title fight is fight for pennies, just to prove a point he has already proven by having 9 title defenses and being 10 years undefeated with a record of 25-2

Sadly for him, the hype surrounding the fight has been lost for good, 13 second KO is not as bad as a complete beatdown, but it is surely bad enough to kill anyones but his fans buzz, i love Aldo, im not a huge fan of Conor, but man, i cant say no to RDA vs Conor, hell if he wins, let him try his luck against Lawler, hype would be off the charts, then Aldo can get his rematch/title fight and probably delay it for months once again.

y
stop with that loser mentality man. Holloway and Poirier found motivation by not focusing on McGregor and went on a tear, thats champion mentality. Aldo can start off with a tune up fight, so he doesn't have to train too hard. after that he can fight Max mid 2016 co-maining Jones Cormier 2. If McGregor beats Edgar in their fight we get another end of the year treat with Aldo and McGregor. this is just my hypothetical perfect world scenario.

So Aldo has a loser mentality haha? Do you know how a 3 month camp plus cutting weight look like? Not an easy thing my friend.
There is no such thing as not training hard for any UFC fight, you can be the better fighter but you are putting everything at risk.
Holoway and Poirer have to have motivation to put up with anything they were never champions of nothing. Aldo has 9 title defenses. Please don[t compare their careers its just nonsense.

People here think its easy to do a three month camp.

exactly! From his perspective he is like "Halloway who?? Gimme my hematch! I cannot live with this shame!"

Less than 16 months is not something you round off to 2 years.

Dominick Cruz was out for 3 years (from oct/01/2011 to 27/sep/2014) fought a non ranked fighter (takeya mizugaki) then out for more one year and four months (for another injury) straight to the title shot.

If that qualifies him to a title shot you should qualify Aldo too.

Also it took like forever to the UFC even make an interim title for Renan Barao, who had to defend that interim title (!) two times (!) before be named champion.

Aldo had fought 8 months before the UFC 189 and the UFC created the interim title in his face and he had an average of 2 title defenses a year since he became the WEC champion.

Talk about double standarts.

BJ Penn loses to Frankie Edgar in a close decision gets immediate rematch.

Randy Couture loses LHW title to Vitor Belfort and gets immediate rematch.

Sean Sherk gets suspended and stripped of his title, next fight back is a title match against BJ Penn.
Neither was an injury machine who postponed a humongous fight only to get ktfo in 13 seconds.

Aldo doesnt really wanna fight for the title, he wants to fight Connor. That aint gonna happen for now.

He knows that if he fights Frankie for the fw title and wins, that would be only a paper champion status. He got dusted in 13 seconds by the true champ and thats why he wants a rematch with Connor more than anything. Even if there is no title on the line.

Dominick Cruz was out for 3 years (from oct/01/2011 to 27/sep/2014) fought a non ranked fighter (takeya mizugaki) then out for more one year and four months (for another injury) straight to the title shot.

If that qualifies him to a title shot you should qualify Aldo too.

Also it took like forever to the UFC even make an interim title for Renan Barao, who had to defend that interim title (!) two times (!) before be named champion.

Aldo had fought 8 months before the UFC 189 and the UFC created the interim title in his face and he had an average of 2 title defenses a year since he became the WEC champion.

Talk about double standarts.

No, talk about avoiding my point. I didn't make a comment about who should get a rematch when, I commented on how you presented the Cruz situation in a flawed manner, which becomes dishonest.

No, talk about avoiding my point. I didn't make a comment about who should get a rematch when, I commented on how you presented the Cruz situation in a flawed manner, which becomes dishonest.

I don`t get your point, I`m not being dishonest about Cruz. I`m a fan of Cruz, it`s just what his situation was.

Bringing Gustafsson to this is f*king irrelevant.

Gustafsson gave JJ hell to earn his next title shot. Aldo has been looking lackluster in all of his latest fights up to the point where he looked totally overwhlemed by fear to lose a 13 seconds battle.

However deep you cry, it won't change the fact that Aldo doesn't deserve an immediate rematch.

ALL of the other recent immediate rematches suck too and most of them shouldn't have happened or should not happen in the near future.

This is similar to the saying "2 wrongs don't make a right" except in this case it is ....
"7 wrongs don't make a right."

The UFC needs to STOP with these fucking pointless rematches. These recent ones were fucking beatdowns. Cain got destroyed, Weidman got demolished, Ronda got brutally KOed and got her jaw broken, Aldo got KTFO in 13 fucking seconds.

None of those fights deserved a rematch and god damn am I getting sick of hearing Aldo fans CRY about it. Aldo is the first fighter to CRY his way into a title shot, well if that is the way it has to be then I will laugh my ass off when he gets KTFO again but it still doesn't make it right when he didn't do jack shit in the first fight after pulling out of that fight AND while there is a legit contender waiting.

Right on, how will he motivated to train to any other fight than a rematch or at least another title fight after being the champion for forever, losing it by an early punch and watching everybody else gaining rematches ?

People here think its easy to do a three month camp especially in old school gyms like Nova Uniao.

I don't think today it is a smart mov to go to 155, Aldo is not a big FW, hes average, will be small at 155

I don't think many if any fans think the training camp is easy, we just don't have alot of sympathy for him because he put himself in this position

Bringing Gustafsson to this is f*king irrelevant.

Gustafsson gave JJ hell to earn his next title shot. Aldo has been looking lackluster in all of his latest fights up to the point where he looked totally overwhlemed by fear to lose a 13 seconds battle.

However deep you cry, it won't change the fact that Aldo doesn't deserve an immediate rematch.

No it is not, you shouldn`t get the chance to be the champ if in your last fight you got Koed bad in the 1st in a fight made to promote you in your own country. It makes no logic.
So what if he gave JJ a fight? Was he fighting JJ? No, it was DC.

ALL of the other recent immediate rematches suck too and most of them shouldn't have happened or should not happen in the near future.

This is similar to the saying "2 wrongs don't make a right" except in this case it is ....
"7 wrongs don't make a right."

The UFC needs to STOP with these fucking pointless rematches. These recent ones were fucking beatdowns. Cain got destroyed, Weidman got demolished, Ronda got brutally KOed and got her jaw broken, Aldo got KTFO in 13 fucking seconds.

None of those fights deserved a rematch and god damn am I getting sick of hearing Aldo fans CRY about it. Aldo is the first fighter to CRY his way into a title shot, well if that is the way it has to be then I will laugh my ass off when he gets KTFO again but it still doesn't make it right when he didn't do jack shit in the first fight after pulling out of that fight AND while there is a legit contender waiting.

Oh yes I think I forgot Ronda 1 more to edit haha

Aldo is not crying anything he is demanding equal treatment.

If he will win or lose doesn`t matter what I`m discussing is equal treatment.

losing in the most embarrassing way in seconds you have to earn your way to the top again with lions like edgar roaming around the lions den.

Back