House of cards gets pulled from netflix (Kevin Spacey / Sex Assault megathread)

Are they just gonna leave it hanging or was there closure in the last season?

This would have never happened to Frank Underwood

house-of-cards.jpg

I mean, I'm pretty ardent in my opinion that sexual abuse in Hollywood is a pretty big issue.

But the allegation alone will get an incredibly successful show pulled? That seems pretty ridiculous to me.

What sucks with the Harvey Weinstein situation is that, while sexual abuse is rampant in Hollywood, I think we're going to see a lot of patently false allegations come out. This will only serve to undermine the actual victims.

(Not that I'm making a judgement on the victim of Spacey here, but in any case, I prefer for there to be some evidence.)

The show was going downhill a little, but I still liked it and would have liked to see it concluded... not hanging.

Negative. It's what Spacey said that's unconscionable and cannot be supported in the least. He should have said nothing and disappeared.

I didn't support his "apology" in any way.

They will finish Season 6, release it, and end the series after that. It's not like there won't be new episodes on TV.

I didn't support his "apology" in any way.
Zero people did. What I'm saying is it's not the allegation that destroyed his reputation but what he said since. It's like if a teacher got caught with an underaged student and said, "BUT LOOK HOW YOUNG AND TIGHT SHE IS!!!" That's why no more HOUSE OF CARDS.

Zero people did. What I'm saying is it's not the allegation that destroyed his reputation but what he said since. It's like if a teacher got caught with an underaged student and said, "BUT LOOK HOW YOUNG AND TIGHT SHE IS!!!" That's why no more HOUSE OF CARDS.

The article in the OP has no statement from Netflix claiming that his response is the reason it's being pulled. It pretty specifically mentions the allegations alone.

I mean, I'm pretty ardent in my opinion that sexual abuse in Hollywood is a pretty big issue.

But the allegation alone will get an incredibly successful show pulled? That seems pretty ridiculous to me.

What sucks with the Harvey Weinstein situation is that, while sexual abuse is rampant in Hollywood, I think we're going to see a lot of patently false allegations come out. This will only serve to undermine the actual victims.

(Not that I'm making a judgement on the victim of Spacey here, but in any case, I prefer for there to be some evidence.)
Spacey didn't deny it happened
He practically admitted he did it. Ive been drunk a lot...i could tell you what is and isn't in the realm of possibility of shit i would do during those times. Trying to buttfuck a 14 year old boy would be a definite NOPE. If Spacey couldn't confidently say "#fakenews" to that then he did it, or it was in the realm of possibility that he could/would have
Netflix would just be losing money funding another season of that show

Seems opportunistic for Netflix, the show was set to end anyway, now they can get out of the way of any scandal that comes of this.

I'm still not convinced that he did anything all that bad, but at his age it might be easier to just bow out instead of going on the defensive here.

When I saw "pulled from Netflix" it sounded like they were actually taking the seasons down.

Back