Hot take: Either Jon or Stipe will never fight again.

PlasticFishBowl

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Francis is going to fight Lewis sometime this summer. After that, he’ll likely fight either Stipe or Jon Jones.

If it’s Jon next, the fight will likely take place early 2022 (Jon said no fights this year for him) and so the winner would be ready to fight once again around mid 2022. There is no way Stipe can just sit out and wait that long at his age. Guys pushing 40 can’t just take 15 months off and come back and not get absolutely smoked by a champ.

Likewise, if Stipe is next then Jon will have sat out for well over two years. If he can’t get the money he wants, it’s not like years of inactivity will increase his bargaining power. And it’s also unlikely he’d want to just keep training and staying in top form for all this time when he has no fight scheduled.

I am fairly certain whichever one of them doesn’t get the next fight will retire this year.

Looking at Jon's recent photos and seeing how natty and huge he is, it'll probably take quite some time for him to get back to pulsing picograms to compete. By then the competition would've passed him by and he won't get the pay he's asking for to come back and take a L
NINTCHDBPICT000652895817.jpg

If only they would fight each other. I know Stipe would accept. It would be a perfect time if Francis is still going to fight Lewis. Stipe is a smaller heavyweight coming off of a big ko loss. Surely Jon wouldn’t need another year to get ready for that. Let me guess, Stipe isn’t a big enough draw. Even though Jon isn’t that much bigger of ppv seller himself.

Stipe will fight.

Non juiced Jon gets absolutely destroyed by top 3 MWs. And you are crazy if you think that bloated Bonny stands a chance against Predator or Black Beast. They will beat him like a bad stepchild and make it look easy. He knows that. He already priced himself out. All this talk is just him trying to stay relevant for whatever reason. Also, he is not young any more. His best days are behind him.

How does this matter when BB is sleepin' Ngannou?o_O

Francis is going to fight Lewis sometime this summer. After that, he’ll likely fight either Stipe or Jon Jones.

If it’s Jon next, the fight will likely take place early 2022 (Jon said no fights this year for him) and so the winner would be ready to fight once again around mid 2022. There is no way Stipe can just sit out and wait that long at his age. Guys pushing 40 can’t just take 15 months off and come back and not get absolutely smoked by a champ.

Likewise, if Stipe is next then Jon will have sat out for well over two years. If he can’t get the money he wants, it’s not like years of inactivity will increase his bargaining power. And it’s also unlikely he’d want to just keep training and staying in top form for all this time when he has no fight scheduled.

I am fairly certain whichever one of them doesn’t get the next fight will retire this year.
Do you know when Ngannou is fighting next?

Looking at Jon's recent photos and seeing how natty and huge he is, it'll probably take quite some time for him to get back to pulsing picograms to compete. By then the competition would've passed him by and he won't get the pay he's asking for to come back and take a L

nice to see Jon found a natty crew to hang out with. These guys will be good influences on him.

NFP?

Never Finished Pulsing?

Stipe should never fight again and he can leave one of the best UFC hw champs who is 1-1 with Ngannou and people can chalk up the loss to old age. But I think he comes back and goes for again to be 1-2 against Ngannou.

Jones already has his LHW legacy cemented and should just have the fight of his life against HW champ and retire. Jones has surprisingly fought every year he's been a fighter in UFC so we might even see him end of 2021.

I don’t think you understand how hot takes work.

Hot takes don’t involve either/or scenarios, because then it’s not a hot take, it’s just things that might happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stipe never fights again.

I would be surprised if Jon never did again. It's better to make $7 million then $0 even if you wanted $15 million.

I see alot of skipped legs days in this pictures....

Jones fits in well..

That said i think Jones absolutely fights HW before retiring... He will have a significant speed and skill advantage coming to Heavy weight mixed that with his high fight iq he can definitely get the job done..its a question of money not desire.

I think stipe and Jones both fight more then once before retiring ...

No fight has been announced yet ...IIRC so at best Jones gets the fight and stipe fights lewis on the same card or the next one after... At worse..we get francis vs derrick...and Jon vs Stipe on the same card...

Back