1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Hot take: Either Jon or Stipe will never fight again.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by PlasticFishBowl, Jun 16, 2021.

1. PlasticFishBowl Blue Belt

Francis is going to fight Lewis sometime this summer. After that, he’ll likely fight either Stipe or Jon Jones.

If it’s Jon next, the fight will likely take place early 2022 (Jon said no fights this year for him) and so the winner would be ready to fight once again around mid 2022. There is no way Stipe can just sit out and wait that long at his age. Guys pushing 40 can’t just take 15 months off and come back and not get absolutely smoked by a champ.

Likewise, if Stipe is next then Jon will have sat out for well over two years. If he can’t get the money he wants, it’s not like years of inactivity will increase his bargaining power. And it’s also unlikely he’d want to just keep training and staying in top form for all this time when he has no fight scheduled.

I am fairly certain whichever one of them doesn’t get the next fight will retire this year.

leatherneck and Get To Da Choppa like this.
  2. The Demon Sword Orange Belt

Both will fight at least two more times. They will lose both(

Goldentrophy likes this.
  3. Get To Da Choppa Yellow Card Yellow Card

Looking at Jon's recent photos and seeing how natty and huge he is, it'll probably take quite some time for him to get back to pulsing picograms to compete. By then the competition would've passed him by and he won't get the pay he's asking for to come back and take a L
    [​IMG]

4. Mr Moist Purple Belt

If only they would fight each other. I know Stipe would accept. It would be a perfect time if Francis is still going to fight Lewis. Stipe is a smaller heavyweight coming off of a big ko loss. Surely Jon wouldn’t need another year to get ready for that. Let me guess, Stipe isn’t a big enough draw. Even though Jon isn’t that much bigger of ppv seller himself.

Goldentrophy likes this.
  5. JohnnyDragon Orange Belt

What if Lewis wins? He's about the only guy in the division that isn't intimidated by Nganou

Bend NvR Break and D'z like this.
  6. shh ☻

Stipe will fight.

Non juiced Jon gets absolutely destroyed by top 3 MWs. And you are crazy if you think that bloated Bonny stands a chance against Predator or Black Beast. They will beat him like a bad stepchild and make it look easy. He knows that. He already priced himself out. All this talk is just him trying to stay relevant for whatever reason. Also, he is not young any more. His best days are behind him.

Slatersan likes this.
  7. D'z Me against 40 of you?...A fair fight! -Big L Yellow Card

How does this matter when BB is sleepin' Ngannou?o_O

Bend NvR Break likes this.
  8. 3rdAccount Banned Banned

Do you know when Ngannou is fighting next?

9. Bowel-forged Stool Manlet belt Platinum Member

[​IMG]

10. ejlarson249 Purple Belt

Slatersan likes this.
  11. PlasticFishBowl Blue Belt

nice to see Jon found a natty crew to hang out with. These guys will be good influences on him.

Get To Da Choppa likes this.
  12. Tnellie30 Purple Belt

NFP?

Never Finished Pulsing?

13. Tweak896 Black Belt

Stipe should never fight again and he can leave one of the best UFC hw champs who is 1-1 with Ngannou and people can chalk up the loss to old age. But I think he comes back and goes for again to be 1-2 against Ngannou.

Jones already has his LHW legacy cemented and should just have the fight of his life against HW champ and retire. Jones has surprisingly fought every year he's been a fighter in UFC so we might even see him end of 2021.

14. Fatback96 Black Belt

I don’t think you understand how hot takes work.

Hot takes don’t involve either/or scenarios, because then it’s not a hot take, it’s just things that might happen.

15. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stipe never fights again.

I would be surprised if Jon never did again. It's better to make $7 million then $0 even if you wanted $15 million.

16. Paolo Delutis Silver Belt

I see alot of skipped legs days in this pictures....

Jones fits in well..

That said i think Jones absolutely fights HW before retiring... He will have a significant speed and skill advantage coming to Heavy weight mixed that with his high fight iq he can definitely get the job done..its a question of money not desire.

I think stipe and Jones both fight more then once before retiring ...

No fight has been announced yet ...IIRC so at best Jones gets the fight and stipe fights lewis on the same card or the next one after... At worse..we get francis vs derrick...and Jon vs Stipe on the same card...