Crime Horrible Japanese mass murder this time by fire

newerest

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/17/world/asia/japan-fire-animation-studio.html

Just awful. Once again some psycho decided to kill a bunch of people and found a way to do so. Reports are that he blocked exits and used gasoline to set an Anime production business on fire.

This comes weeks after a mass stabbing

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/28/world/asia/japan-stabbing-schoolchildren.html?module=inline
I heard about this but didn't know it was KyoAni. You know in the otaku community KyoAni is quite polarizing, you either love them or hate them. I think we can guess which side this guy falls in...

I heard about this but didn't know it was KyoAni. You know in the otaku community KyoAni is quite polarizing, you either love them or hate them. I think we can guess which side this guy falls in...
Any particular reason why? I don't know anything about this community.

But they said this doesn't happen when your population is homogenous like Japan.

But they said this doesn't happen when your population is homogenous like Japan.
Used to live there but it’s been 20 years
It has practically zero crime but there was a bombing when I was living there
Shibuya as I recall

Any particular reason why? I don't know anything about this community.
I haven't seen much if any of their stuff. But my understanding is that their shows have very high production values but the actual characters and plots can be slow and mundane. So some anime fans appreciate that high production value given how much of the stuff the industry pushes out looks like garbage while others find the kind of shows they make boring and highly overrated.

Certainly nothing that would inspire an arson attack in a rational, sane human being.

I would guess disgruntled worker.

I don't understand what you mean by polarizing?

Did they do something that caused that?

EDIT : Nevermind. Saw your answer just now.

The guy who did this was just batshit insane.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/17/world/asia/japan-fire-animation-studio.html

Just awful. Once again some psycho decided to kill a bunch of people and found a way to do so. Reports are that he blocked exits and used gasoline to set an Anime production business on fire.
33 dead.

This comes weeks after a mass stabbing

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/28/world/asia/japan-stabbing-schoolchildren.html?module=inline

I read that and I felt awful for the child and man that were killed and the other children who were injured...and it really annoys me that awful human beings like the perpetrator would then choose to kill themselves so as to escape Justice.

Anyway, this proves that there are psychos in every continent, country, city....

I haven't seen much if any of their stuff. But my understanding is that their shows have very high production values but the actual characters and plots can be slow and mundane. So some anime fans appreciate that high production value given how much of the stuff the industry pushes out looks like garbage while others find the kind of shows they make boring and highly overrated.

Certainly nothing that would inspire an arson attack in a rational, sane human being.
If it's like the slow drip that it was to get all the Gundam Unicorn episodes released I can understand frustration. Took FOR FUCKING EVER.

I don't understand what you mean by polarizing?

Did they do something that caused that?

EDIT : Nevermind. Saw your answer just now.

The guy who did this was just batshit insane.

Well he was an anime fan. So chances are he was out of his fucking mind.

Well he was an anime fan. So chances are he was out of his fucking mind.

Anime has some of the bloodiest and most violent fight scenes in media today that isn't John Wick or Punisher:

Back