Crime Horrible Japanese mass murder this time by fire

Yeah... if you want to commit mass murder, fire or bombs are both better options than guns.
Vehicles probably are too.
In Japan definitely because of how strict the penalties for breaking their firearms laws. Even the Yakuza don't like carrying guns because the cops now use that as a pretense to charge them and imprison them.

The US the talking point does not really apply as much. Guns are much easier to get here when compared to the the trouble of making a bomb, not to mention the materials are often heavily monitored to pick up on such attempts. A fire would've been less effective here since our buildings have sprinklers and fire extinguishers. Vehicles can do a lot of damage but not so much in an office building.

Nah, they don’t have tens of thousands of murder per year by fire

Do we have tens of thousands of murders per year by guns?

BRB. Checking facts.

No.

It's like 11k-14k. And the overwhelming majority (80%) of them are gang related. The equivalent of gangbangers burning each others houses down in this example. So LOL don't care.

Not sure about the guy blocking exits, but I read that the roof exit was unable to be opened and most bodies were found on the staircase near the roof exit. The stairwell was also spiral, leading to fire spreading quicker and there were also no sprinklers or fire extinguishers in the building (Japanese law doesn't require either).

I think they should amend that law (that doesn't exist).

I heard about this but didn't know it was KyoAni. You know in the otaku community KyoAni is quite polarizing, you either love them or hate them. I think we can guess which side this guy falls in...
<FookIsThatGuy>

KyoAni even have series on Netflix, Violet Evergarden is one of them IIRC.
Is that one of those Japanese cartoons? I've been a curmudgeon since I was 20 and don't have a tv or Netflix.

If you guys don't know: Yesterday fire caught up in a Japanese Anime studio KyoAni. 34 died from this & our traditional media is using it to push gender politics.

NYT headline
Japan Fire Killed Mostly Women, at a Studio Known for Hiring Them
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/19/world/asia/japan-fire-kyoto-animation.html

As of Friday, none of the names of the people killed in the fire had been released. What was known was that almost two-thirds of them — 20 — were women.

That appears to reflect a trend in Japan’s animation industry, as well as the hiring practices at Kyoto Animation. There are about twice as many women as men among working animators in their 20s, according to Daisuke Okeda, a lawyer and adviser to the Japanese Animation Creators Association.

Male animators still lead the industry, and they outnumber women among animators over 35, Mr. Okeda said. But Kyoto Animation — known as KyoAni to its fans — is known for employing more women, particularly younger women.

CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/kyoto-animation-studio-cultural-impact-and-loss-opinion/index.html?utm_source=twCNNi&utm_content=2019-07-19T13:03:37&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

In an industry dominated by men and, traditionally, aimed at male audiences, the studio has a reputation for employing more women -- including at the director level -- than many of its competitors.

So apparently Other 14 dies in this fire, who were men, doesn't matter anymore. I mean WTF who uses a tragedy to push their own agenda. these people are sick fuck

Last edited:
I guess we are supposed to give less of a shit if it was men that burned to death.

Just skimmed through both the articles and they are well-written, accurately describe the facts as we know them, and pay appropriate tribute to the lives lost. I can't figure out what the issue is that you're attempting to highlight.

Edit:
I guess we are supposed to give less of a shit if it was men that burned to death.

Oh. I did not get that impression at all. It never would have crossed my mind based on the articles.

Just skimmed through both the articles and they are well-written, accurately describe the facts as we know them, and pay appropriate tribute to the lives lost. I can't figure out what the issue is that you're attempting to highlight.
But, the media, man... the MEDIA!

Conservatives haven’t been this mad since yesterday.

Edit:

Oh. I did not get that impression at all. It never would have crossed my mind based on the articles.

May be you need to visit an optometrist.

Edit:

I can't recall an article ever highlighting that a fire or mass shooting killed mostly men, except as a side-note buried somewhere in the story.

It just doesn't seem like something that deserves a special mention.

When will men finally get the respect and value from society that they so richly deserve?

WHEN!?!

I can't recall an article ever highlighting that a fire or mass shooting killed mostly men, except as a side-note buried somewhere in the story.

It just doesn't seem like something that deserves a special mention.

The article was not just about the fire, the article was about the studio. The studio employed twice as many women, in an industry that apparently employs few women. It is something that the studio was specifically known for.

Did you read the article?

If you guys don't know: Yesterday fire caught up in a Japanese Anime studio KyoAni. 34 died from this & our traditional media is using it to push gender politics.

NYT headline
Japan Fire Killed Mostly Women, at a Studio Known for Hiring Them
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/19/world/asia/japan-fire-kyoto-animation.html

As of Friday, none of the names of the people killed in the fire had been released. What was known was that almost two-thirds of them — 20 — were women.

That appears to reflect a trend in Japan’s animation industry, as well as the hiring practices at Kyoto Animation. There are about twice as many women as men among working animators in their 20s, according to Daisuke Okeda, a lawyer and adviser to the Japanese Animation Creators Association.

Male animators still lead the industry, and they outnumber women among animators over 35, Mr. Okeda said. But Kyoto Animation — known as KyoAni to its fans — is known for employing more women, particularly younger women.

CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/kyoto-animation-studio-cultural-impact-and-loss-opinion/index.html?utm_source=twCNNi&utm_content=2019-07-19T13:03:37&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

In an industry dominated by men and, traditionally, aimed at male audiences, the studio has a reputation for employing more women -- including at the director level -- than many of its competitors.

So apparently Other 14 dies in this fire, who were men, doesn't matter anymore. I mean WTF who uses a tragedy to push their own agenda. these people are sick fuck
They will do whatever it takes to make sure we are divided. Literally nothing is off limits.

So if you (not you personally) recognize this manufactured division here, I hope you recognize it everywhere.

They will do whatever it takes to make sure we are divided. Literally nothing is off limits.

So if you (not you personally) recognize this manufactured division here, I hope you recognize it everywhere.

I think I'd be concerned for my mental health if I read that particular article and found myself feeling divided or offended.

The article was not just about the fire, the article was about the studio. The studio employed twice as many women, in an industry that apparently employs few women. It is something that the studio was specifically known for.

Did you read the article?

With a headline like
Japan Fire Killed Mostly Women, at a Studio Known for Hiring Them" ?

You are telling me to believe that article wasn't about reporting the fire but a general piece about that studio?

<YeahOKJen>

Back